Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 35

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

geposted Thu 12 Jul 12 @ 3:38 am
Hi

cant. believe that virtual dj is about to go to version 8 and there is still massive problems with running a denon dn-hs-5500.

We have two denon 5500, what happens is one deck slows down slightly, here and there and the other speeds up megga fast.

These two senarios only happen when you put the decks into scratch mode, if you leave decks in bend mode its fine.

The problem then is cueing is quite difficult.

This topic may have been covered several times but cant seem to find a solution. The only solution seems to be or so I read to revert back to v6.0.4, that seems lame, considering the advantages of v7 and the soon to be v8..........

I believe this is a mapping issue, if so how can I rectify it so the speeding up of deck and slowing of the other does not happen. I just want to be able to scratch when required or drop tracks in with a minor baby scratch. It must be a simple mapping issue, just needs someone with the skills to let everyone know, what to change and how to change it.

Kind regards

Cheers guys

geposted Fri 13 Jul 12 @ 11:48 am
hi guys,

bought a mc3000 a few days ago and i am running in a bit of a problem.
i get a "error in the asio driver, soundcard probably not connected" message in advanced config.
in normal config asio is not even showing up. (i think the problem must be here somewhere) but it (denon asio driver) is installed fine and everything looks ok in asio control panel.

i have latest asio 2.2.1 and vdj 705b installed on w7 x64 machine.
intel i7 2600k 16 gb ram,ocz ssd, asus maximus IV board, nvidia 480gtx video.

already did a clean w7 installation same result.
netbook same result
laptop same result
they all have in common windows 7.
sample rate of the mc3000 is 48 and cannot be changed.
changing buffer size has no effect.
changing stuff in vdj performance has no effect.
all other soundcards are disabled in bios so no conflicts
wdm works fine.
asio4all works with a lot of latency distortion sound
denon asio driver in traktor LE sort of works with distorted sound.

i'm not a noob in these things, but i could be missing something here since denon is new to me, i am used to pioneer stuff.
everything works fine with wdm drivers, and i know the simple solution would be to use those, but i want it to work, just because it should.

tnx

edit---------2-8-12-------------

small update

got asio sort of working in normal sound setup mode, the asio selection showed up now, don't know why, but after several reinstalls of both vdj and the drivers, the asio option is there. still very poor soud quality with a lot of distortion, in all settings. probably latency related.

still in advanced mode, the error remains

geposted Wed 01 Aug 12 @ 5:47 pm
just a quick question..using the Denon MC6000
I noticed that when both channel volumes are set to equal volume (no matter how many different songs I have ltried) as I move the fader
from one side to the center to the other side the volume level decreases on the song im exisitngly playing as i go to mix in another song from the other deck and as I continue to the other deck it starts to increase until the fader reaches its max on that side.
So in short.. deck a plays fine (volume set) as the fader moves torwards the center, volume on deck a decreases as deck b starts in.
volume increases as fader continues past center and into deck b until normal volume is reached again (deck b)

Latest update with Denon and Asio driver from same website.
Is there something im missing in a setting in VDJ? or is this normal. I would think it should stay equal through out the fade.

Appreciate any input.
James

geposted Tue 07 Aug 12 @ 1:06 pm
Check the hardware crossfader settings on the front of the MC6000 to see if that is the problem.

Keith

geposted Tue 07 Aug 12 @ 3:05 pm
Yes I did that..I tried using both varaiations..still does the same

geposted Wed 08 Aug 12 @ 6:19 am
I will have to take back what I said..It was the crossfader postion...but I had it over to far where it would cut out /in and backed it off a bit.All good.
Thankyou

geposted Thu 09 Aug 12 @ 7:17 am
Glad you're sorted!

Keith

geposted Thu 09 Aug 12 @ 10:51 am
Hi Just purchased MC6000 but having problems getting my PC & Virtual DJ to recognise.

Windows XP SP3 - 2.8Ghz, 3Gb Ram
Installed drivers from supplied disc (2.20) - when I opened ASIO driver panel it showed the device.
Virtual DJ mappers did not detect the device and nothing I do on the controller is reflected in VDJ (have all channels set as described)

Called store advised to download latest drivers.

Trying to upload firmware to v1.012 - I get the Time Out message I have seen other people (mainly Mac users) complain about. I have the latest verison of Java installed.
Have tried countless times, same result.

Also updated ASIO drivers to Ver 2.2.2 - now the driver window doesn't even detect my device.

When I power up MC6000 I just get the two blue deck change lights lit and that's it.

I also have a Windows 7 laptop - when I plug controller into that everything works straight away - including VDJ.

One other thing on the Windows 7 laptop - when I look at the sound drivers with the controller connected I see an entry for Denon 6000.
However when I do this on my desktop it shows up as USB Sound Driver with "Denon" in brackets.
Is there a clash with other drivers?

My dekstop is using the EMU 1820 soundcard with EMU EDSP ASIO driver

Any clues?

Cheers

geposted Fri 10 Aug 12 @ 8:00 am
Quick update - I just disabled the EMU ASIO driver and now the Denon ASIO driver can detect the unit. However VDJ still unable to see it (although available as a selection from Soundcard options)

When I had the 2.20 drvier installed I didn't have to disable EMU driver for it to be detected.

Need the EMU driver as that's the PC soundcard used to stream live broadcasts etc.

geposted Fri 10 Aug 12 @ 8:10 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need to contact Denon and get your firmware straightened out first. Then discuss with them why their drivers conflict with your on-board drivers.

These are all things outside VirtualDJ - so until you resolve them there is no way to troubleshoot VirtualDJ.

geposted Fri 10 Aug 12 @ 10:34 am
I did get the Time-out message when updating my firmware. If the failure shows, leave the updater open, take out the USB-cable, reconnect and click "Start" again. Big chance your firmware update will work.

Where did you get the 2.2.2.-ASIO driver? The latest downloadable version on the DenonDJ-site is 2.2: http://www.dm-pro.eu/en/denondj/products/55/dn-mc6000-full-mixer-4deck-midi-controller/
You can't DL an ASIO-driver for another product. These drivers are product-specific.

Another point: What version / buildnr of VDJ are you using now? You might need to DL and install the latest version to support the controller. The latest build is B380. You can find your version and builtnr in your config-menu, last tab.

geposted Fri 10 Aug 12 @ 11:24 am

geposted Fri 10 Aug 12 @ 9:32 pm
Firmware now updated using my laptop after re-installing drivers. (v1.012)

Have re-installed VDJ Pro 7.0.5b

VDJ still unable to detect MC6000. Have configured both Denon and VDJ as per set-up guide for both "Int Mix" and "PC Mix".
No effect.

Have searched for Denon on mappers tab with "Show only connected devices" enabled and nothing shows up.
Have disabled this option and manually selected Denon and still nothing.

Still maybe a driver conflict issue, but don't know where to start.

geposted Fri 10 Aug 12 @ 10:47 pm
Resolved, it was the registry settings of the Logitech drivers.
Thanks to Baseman for his post. Followed to the letter and it worked - time to go annoy the neighbours :)

geposted Sat 11 Aug 12 @ 4:18 am
I am having the same problem as listed above I only have the blue lights on deck chg and jog wheels but the controller is not working with vdj I have updated everything as said in msgs above but still not working can anyone help?

geposted Sat 11 Aug 12 @ 2:28 pm
@c2emusic: glad things are sorted.
Thanks for the link. Just found out that my CPU-load is lower when running video :)

geposted Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 7:26 am
DJ-RawB-of-Tdot wrote :
I am having the same problem as listed above I only have the blue lights on deck chg and jog wheels but the controller is not working with vdj

Assuming that you are referring to the Denon MC6000, you may have accidentally changed the MIDI channels that it uses. It needs to be set to the default channels to work. Please see the troubleshooting section of http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

geposted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 5:12 am
I'll give it a try, thanks for the reply!

geposted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 12:28 pm
Using virtualdj and the denon mc-6000. When I am running video mixing, I am having a flashing on the computer screen. Let me try to explain, the computer is hooked up to an external screen in a ballroom by VGA chord. Things are great for about 4 to 5 minutes and then the entire laptop screen goes black and comes right back on. The video on the external VGA monitor freezes as well as on my computer virtual skin. The players keep spinning and there is never any drop in sound. The music doesn't even stutter! (The computer looks as if you are shutting of an HDTV and turning it right back on. It repeatedly does this about once every 2 or 3 minutes after that. Please help! I paid good money for a controller with capability of both video and audio and its currently useless on jobs for video because I can't trust it. This problem never occurs when I'm doing just audio.

geposted Mon 24 Sep 12 @ 8:32 am
78%