Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 40

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

A technical consultation. I have 2 DN-HS5500. One only works perfectly with Virtual DJ, but the problem is when I want to connect the two at a time to work with 4 Deck. You can put on and have it work without closing the program or do weird things?. Greetings

geposted Mon 20 May 13 @ 5:21 am
If you're talking about the unstable warbling when the motorized platter is used, then this is a long standing problem.

The HS5500s used to work OK in some previous versions of VDJ but most (possibly all) 7.x.x versions cause this problem.

I (and other 5500 users) have continued to raise this issue with Atomix but they don't seem to think it matters very much - saying that it's a discontinued product etc.

geposted Mon 20 May 13 @ 5:39 am
thanks for your quick response. That problem I know, I mean that the program works well with 4 deck without using motorized platter. You can mix, use effects without the program closes or makes noise in the middle of a session, you can use videos.

geposted Mon 20 May 13 @ 6:01 am
I suggest that you ask your question in the Spanish forum, where you can write in your native language.

geposted Mon 20 May 13 @ 7:26 am
Hi People

Im new to this forum, so my apologies in advance if my question/questions are a bit dull

I recently purchased 2 x Denon sc2900 with a Denon x1600 mixer.

First question is, Is Virtual Dj compatible with these units?

And second question is If Yes, Is it hard to set up the laptop and players to interact with one another?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

geposted Tue 21 May 13 @ 1:42 am
Yes, the latest version of VirtualDj is 100% compatible with these units.
However you will have to update the firmware of your devices to the latest version if you haven't done so already and use Windows OS.
If you use MAC then there are still some small issues that Denon and VirtualDj are trying to solve.

It's not difficult to set up your system and have everything interacting properly. On the most part of it, it's just a plug and play procedure. If you have some basic knowledge/understanding of how VirtualDJ (or any other Dj software) works with external equipment, you should be ready to go in less than 5 minutes!

geposted Tue 21 May 13 @ 3:00 am
You will need to purchase the latest VirtualDJ v7.4 Pro to be able to use Denon SC2900's with VirtualDJ. They are natively supported in the latest version.

You can try before purchasing for 10 minutes at a time before purchasing by downloading the latest VirtualDJ Home FREE v7.4: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

NOTE: Try them with the software first before updating the firmware - Depending on the version already installed, they may already work OK. If the platter LED ring does not work, then you will need to update the firmware.

geposted Tue 21 May 13 @ 4:51 am
It doesn't happen all the time, only when it's a big important gig!
I am running VDJ all is awesome, all of a sudden, one of my players will freak out!
By freak out, I mean, I will load a song, start to cue it up, no audio comes through.
I can hit play/pause and all of a sudden musio comes through but the platter stops spinning, counter stops counting but there is still audio playing. It is like the player locks up and I have no control over it or the audio on that side. VDJ and restart the program. Now, all is perfect again.
This has happened on 2 different laptops.

2-Denon DN-S3700
1-Denon X1600

Asus N76VJ
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
Windows 7
Intel® HM76 Chipset
DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 16 GB SDRAM
17.3" HD+ (1600x900)/Full HD (1920x1080)/Wide View Angle LED Backlight
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 635M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM
2-1TB 7200 RPM HD

HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-820QM Quad Core Processor (1.73GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to3.06GHz
8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
500GB x 2 7200RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 320M
17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen

This is not the first time this has happened.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions!

geposted Sun 26 May 13 @ 11:36 pm
To me it seems like you're losing MIDI communication on one device. I would suggest you to run everything out of a good quality external powered USB hub, to exclude any possible power issues. Also you might wanna check your USB cables. I had one cable once that was very picky about vibrations (from my subs) and it would loose connection. I replaced that cable and I never had an issue since.

geposted Mon 27 May 13 @ 5:26 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
What is the script command to make the browser knob in the Denon DN-S1200 to react whether I turn the knob right or left?

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 9:47 am
For an endless encoder, the script you would need is:

param_greater 0 ? action 1 : action 2

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 10:12 am
Support staff wrote :
For an endless encoder, the script you would need is:

param_greater 0 ? action 1 : action 2

Thank you. I will try that script In a few.

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 12:17 pm
The script above you have suggested did not work when the knob is turned to the right still!

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 1:05 pm
Depending on the type of endless encoder (How it's implemented in MIDI), in some cases you may need to use param_greater 0% ? action 1 : action 2 or param_smaller 0 ? action 1 : action 2

It also depends on the action being mapped - An endless encoder normally sends -1 for anti-clockwise and +1 for clockwise movement, so with an action that's on/off (E.g: effect "Flanger" active) the -1 movement may be treated as 'off'. You'd need to map it to effect "Flanger" active on

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 1:29 pm
Please I want to know if I can work on absolute mode using virtual dj time code. Listed below is my configuration

2 x denon dns3500
1 m audio Mxr14 mixer
Laptop

Lastly I want to know if I can loop from the denon, play and stop a track using the denon and last list gain platter control and also scratch backwards.
Please I will be grateful if someone can give me a lil guide on what to do and alternative measures to take. Thanks

geposted Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 9:51 pm
DN-MC6000 MIDI reset

After spending a long time searching the forums here, I noticed references to the solution - but not the steps to the solution. (Maybe I was blind).

I thought I would post the answer to save someone else the trouble.

DN-MC6000 was working fine with VirtualDJ Pro (v7.4) but while I was making adjustments (and not paying attention apparently) the mixer could no longer control the software. It still worked as a sound pass-through. As described in the forums here, I had altered the MIDI mapping and they needed to be reset.

The problem was solved after I pressed and held the Shift & Browse buttons for 5 seconds.

geposted Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 6:01 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 7:40 am
1vjdeePRO InfinityMember since 2012
no sound from the master outs....
Hi all, just bought a MC3000, downloaded the asio drivers started up VDJ, everything works except the master outs. There is no reading from the VU meter when I switch it over from "Deck" to "master". I plugged in a mic and it works fine. I clicked on the speaker icon on my windows 7 laptop, clicked on mixer, then, system sounds- playback device- virtual dj - config... I ran a speaker test and it works! sound right through to my speakers. Both left and right decks work through the head phones but nothing on master outs ? What am I doing wrong ??

geposted Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 5:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It is suggested not to use the Denon Sound Card as default sound card of Windows. Choose the built in sound card of your computer instead.
Make sure youfollow this Sound Setup.. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MC3000.html

geposted Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 6:47 am
1vjdeePRO InfinityMember since 2012
cheers @ djDad,
I've got the sound working now just had to delete all other asio drivers and restart !!
My problem now is I can hear a crackling noise when I'm using the filter knob or loading songs to the opposing deck.
I'm using a MC3000 with Dell xps L702x Intel core i7-2630qm 2.00 GHz 3 GHz Graphics card.
I never had these issues when I was using my NS6, what audio settings in the "performance tab" should I be selecting based on playing up to 1080p videos using Mc3000 as my sound card ?
thanks everybody !!

geposted Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 7:20 am
89%