Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 39

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 5:14 am
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks Teamer, the platter spins now and I have audio, but instead of an instant start, I now have a slow ramp up time with audio as the platter comes up to speed. It takes maybe 0.5 seconds to come up to speed.
My start time knob on the 3900 controller is at the fastest setting.
The 'cue stutter' and 'CD' mode instant start works fine.

In the 3900 mapper, I see that there is a "STARTUP_TIME" key which uses a "startup" verb within the string.
I don't think that I'll be needing the rest of the string for paging the sampler or effects. Is there something within this string that I can change?
I tried the verb "startup" with nothing else in the string for the "STARTUP_TIME" key, but it had no effect.

OR, I probably have an incorrect setting elsewhere, but what?

Thanks again,
ClayDJ

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 8:37 am
Hi, i`ve got a ultrabook with I5 and 8g ram, my Vdj stops...the screen stop move...turn off, the music stops too...in a few seconds everything continue working normal...my midi control is a DN HD2500

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 10:08 am
ClayDJ wrote :
Thanks Teamer, the platter spins now and I have audio, but instead of an instant start, I now have a slow ramp up time with audio as the platter comes up to speed. It takes maybe 0.5 seconds to come up to speed.

It's an active platter so cannot instantly start from when it's stopped. Like vinyl decks, there will be a quick ramp up as the motor starts from cold and gets up to speed.

To instant start with active platters, you need to mix as you would do on vinyl decks - I.e: Hold the record lightly to stop it moving. Press play to start the platter spinning (Song will still be stopped because you are holding the record.) Then release the record on the beat.

Alternatively, you could try using the Registry Tool to enable the MotorWheelInstantPlay option, however this means that the motor and platter movement will be ignored for the first few seconds when you start the song playing.

The start time and stop time knobs are not functional yet because this capability doesn't exist yet in VirtualDJ (Except via effect plugins.) It should be possible in a future version of VirtualDJ.

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 10:19 am
FelixDee wrote :
Hi, i`ve got a ultrabook with I5 and 8g ram, my Vdj stops...the screen stop move...turn off, the music stops too...in a few seconds everything continue working normal...my midi control is a DN HD2500

Please check that your computer has been optimised for DJ use:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

You will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to use a MIDI controller such as the DN-HD2500: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

In Home FREE, MIDI Controllers can only be tried for 10 minutes at a time: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 10:34 am
Thanks again for the info Teamer, makes perfect sense now!

ClayDJ

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 12:13 pm
Another quick question:

In normal midi mode on the 3900, the Hot Cue buttons are bright orange.
In the hybrid mode they were about half as bright.

Is it possible in normal midi mode to dim the Hot Cue LED's down to another brightness?
If so, what is the command string to do this?

Thanks again,
ClayDJ

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 12:48 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
ClayDJ wrote :
My start time knob on the 3900 controller is at the fastest setting.
The 'cue stutter' and 'CD' mode instant start works fine.

In the 3900 mapper, I see that there is a "STARTUP_TIME" key which uses a "startup" verb within the string.
I don't think that I'll be needing the rest of the string for paging the sampler or effects. Is there something within this string that I can change?
I tried the verb "startup" with nothing else in the string for the "STARTUP_TIME" key, but it had no effect.

OR, I probably have an incorrect setting elsewhere, but what?

Thanks again,
ClayDJ

In addition to Teamer, and without changing anything, you can also press and hold the CUE button for instant start, then press the Play button (while still holding CUE) to start the platter without drag. (then release both to carry on)

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 3:20 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
ClayDJ wrote :
Another quick question:

In normal midi mode on the 3900, the Hot Cue buttons are bright orange.
In the hybrid mode they were about half as bright.

Is it possible in normal midi mode to dim the Hot Cue LED's down to another brightness?
If so, what is the command string to do this?

Thanks again,
ClayDJ

Make sure that your "Hybrid MIDI LED" Preset is set to "Normal" for Normal MIDI mode and not "always lit".
Since you can use Normal or Hybrid MIDI modes with VDJ, you would never use, "always lit"

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 3:24 pm
I am currently using the 3900 in normal midi mode, my preset is 'Normal' for the "hybrid Midi LED Preset", but the hot cue button lights are still bright orange.
Using the same settings in hybrid mode, the hot cue button lights are a dull orange.

Not really a big deal, but is there a map string that will reduce the LED brightness of the hot cue buttons?

Clay

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 4:23 pm
Sorry, they can't be changed. They are mapped to take advantage of the bright and dim modes of the LED's for these buttons, which is a common feature on most Denon controllers. This allows you to still see these commonly used buttons in a dark club/bar even when hot cues aren't set.

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 10:13 pm
Support staff wrote :
ClayDJ wrote :

Alternatively, you could try using the Registry Tool to enable the MotorWheelInstantPlay option, however this means that the motor and platter movement will be ignored for the first few seconds when you start the song playing.

Instead of messing with the registry you can create a Keyboard shortcut to toggle the exact same setting on/off
Personally I have modified my skin to include a button so that besides turning it on/off I can also see it's status! ;)

The VDJ Script command is motorwheel_instant_play and it is a GLOBAL (aka not per deck) setting.

geposted Thu 16 May 13 @ 12:57 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Oh k here is my Question, those who have the 3700s and sc3900s which player platter responds the best ?

DJ JAMM

geposted Thu 16 May 13 @ 2:38 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Instead of messing with the registry you can create a Keyboard shortcut to toggle the exact same setting on/off
Personally I have modified my skin to include a button so that besides turning it on/off I can also see it's status! ;)

The VDJ Script command is motorwheel_instant_play and it is a GLOBAL (aka not per deck) setting.

that works perfect thank you!!!!!

geposted Thu 16 May 13 @ 7:10 am
How configure my Registry tool? someone help me!!!

geposted Fri 17 May 13 @ 10:44 am
FelixDee wrote :

Lo primero que tendrias que hacer es registrar el software en tu cuenta, para que te permita bajar la herramienta que configura el registro de Windows, en la mejor performance que permita tu PC. La latencia entre la placa y el soft juega un factor muy importante al momento de comenzar la reproduccion. Si de lo que estamos hablando es que tu sistema se "Friza", puede deberse a varios factores que habria que controlar luego de modificar el registro.
Salu2

Juan

geposted Fri 17 May 13 @ 11:01 am
Juan_Tabasso wrote :
FelixDee wrote :

Lo primero que tendrias que hacer es registrar el software en tu cuenta, para que te permita bajar la herramienta que configura el registro de Windows, en la mejor performance que permita tu PC. La latencia entre la placa y el soft juega un factor muy importante al momento de comenzar la reproduccion. Si de lo que estamos hablando es que tu sistema se "Friza", puede deberse a varios factores que habria que controlar luego de modificar el registro.
Salu2

Juan

Translated:
The first thing you would have to do is register the software in your account to allow you to lower the tool that configures the Windows Registry in the best performance that allows your PC. The latency between soft plaque and plays a very important factor when starting playback. If we're talking about is that your system is "Friza" may be due to several factors would have to check after editing the registry.
salu2

geposted Fri 17 May 13 @ 12:17 pm
Feliciano21 wrote :
Juan_Tabasso wrote :
FelixDee wrote :

Salu2

Juan

Translated:
The first thing you would have to do is register the software in your account to allow you to lower the tool that configures the Windows Registry in the best performance that allows your PC. The latency between soft plaque and plays a very important factor when starting playback. If we're talking about is that your system is "Friza" may be due to several factors would have to check after editing the registry.
salu2

Feliciano21, thanks for the translation. I speak english as well, but there are two things to have in mind. 1st. the "flag" is from Argentina, so I supossed he speak that language. 2nd need to register first the soft he owns to receive some help, since he hasn't the rights to download the tools needed. Cheers.

geposted Fri 17 May 13 @ 12:20 pm
I have the Denon X600 which has a soundcard, I can use that, correct?

"If you need to switch seamlessly between VirtualDJ and CD's/USB media, then you should consider purchasing and using a suitable external DJ multi-channel sound card such as Numark DJIO. This will allow you to switch sources on demand without any problems. Otherwise, you should only use CD/USB media as an emergency backup"

And thank you for this very detailed explanation, I was going crazy looking for help on this.
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-SC3900.html

geposted Fri 17 May 13 @ 12:28 pm
Hello Juan_Tabasso
Understood. In the event someone else had the same issues I went ahead and translated it. Cheers!!

geposted Fri 17 May 13 @ 12:35 pm
87%