Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Jobs Forum

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

There should be a jobs section on the forum however it should only be accessible to licensed users.

geposted Sat 07 Nov 09 @ 7:32 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
... Would you like to work for Atomix Productions?

geposted Sat 07 Nov 09 @ 5:39 pm
YES, i would..

I would like to apply for the position of beta tester, please.

im have 2 identical PCs, one of which i do my testing on..

geposted Sat 07 Nov 09 @ 11:21 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I still don't understand the policy of Atomix.
In serato forum and inside other companies where the main topic is a software, any user can download the beta version of the software while in this forum people have to ask for getting a new star ;)

I think the most are users' number who can test the beta version, the shorter is the time for release a stable version. Anyhow, this is Atomix view of developing software and we can do almost nothing for change that.

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 5:06 am
sischo wrote :
I still don't understand the policy of Atomix.
In serato forum and inside other companies where the main topic is a software, any user can download the beta version of the software while in this forum people have to ask for getting a new star ;)

I think the most are users' number who can test the beta version, the shorter is the time for release a stable version. Anyhow, this is Atomix view of developing software and we can do almost nothing for change that.

I dont see anything wrong with sending out a Beta version..
certainly if the version number changes (eg 5 to 6.. 6 to 7 ??)

the more testers, the better.

ive always said the experienced level should get to test, too.

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 7:05 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well if the Experienced Level Users would respect the process then they might get identified as quality users and people that have earned the level of VIP. VIPs are permitted to participate in the Beta testing.

However; some people chose to complain instead and demand change where no change is necessary. Therefore, giving the perception that they are not serious about truly contributing to the success of being a beta tester, but mearly the status and ability to get the beta.

As for the beta testing reference ... don't use Serato as an example. You have to pay to be a beta tester -- in other words -- you have to have the right equipment - their soundcard or mixer to be an effective beta tester. And the only way you get that is to BUY their product.

And since this topic is about creating a 'Job Forum' ... which follows the same vain as a Buy/Sell forum ... this purpose of our forums are to discuss and socialize around the software. If other companies choose to have broader selections of forum areas then that is their choice. It has been and will continue to be our choice to not have such forums.

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 7:24 pm
Ok Cstoll, noted your explanation.

but what if we look again about the original question > Jobs forum?

you could post about looking for graphic designers, voice overs, etc

but stipulate from the start as being NOT FOR PEOFFIT.
ie. nothing copywrite and nothing to be sold. Everything could be public domain only...?
but however there are planty of sites round the net doing such thing already, so maybe this idea wont work IMO ??

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 7:52 pm
Did you miss this part of my post ?

cstoll wrote :
And since this topic is about creating a 'Job Forum' ... which follows the same vain as a Buy/Sell forum ... this purpose of our forums are to discuss and socialize around the software. If other companies choose to have broader selections of forum areas then that is their choice. It has been and will continue to be our choice to not have such forums.

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 7:56 pm
cstoll wrote :
Did you miss this part of my post ?

cstoll wrote :

ye i picked up on Buy/Sell > i wouldnt entertain such an idea

and i realise that this whole forum is about the vdj software and nothing else..

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 7:58 pm
cstoll wrote :
It has been and will continue to be our choice to not have such forums.

Still missed my point ... you jumped to the Buy/Sell and then changed the subject to the forums being only about VirtualDJ Software.

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 9:56 pm
oh well i give up, i guess i dont read things through properly.

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 10:06 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
cstoll wrote :

However; some people chose to complain instead and demand change where no change is necessary. Therefore, giving the perception that they are not serious about truly contributing to the success of being a beta tester, but mearly the status and ability to get the beta.

I was contending that because, for instance, after developing a final release such a VDJ 6.0, only after a few days it has been released another new version:
6.0 (31 May 2009)
6.0.1 (3 June 2009)

Wouldn't it have been better to release the 31 May 2009 the version 6.0 which has not bugs we had in 6.0 you released on May 31th?

I think that to have got a BETA version with bugs is not so useful. I think noone is proud to have a beta one just for saying "I have that". As far as I know, there are a few VIP members who don't contribute at all by telling developers in detecting bugs.

P.S: I downloaded the Serato beta version but since I haven't purchased that license, I cannot test that. For the moment, I think I will not buy Serato ;)

geposted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 4:11 am
I'm not interested in seeing equipment advertised, jobs however would be good idea eg: Job vacancy in NYC for house DJ, please PM me.

What could be wrong with that seen as this is a community for DJ's?

geposted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 9:42 am
je veuje veux une job plz

geposted Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 1:52 pm
Advertising is not permitted on the VirtualDJ forums.

Please see the forum rules.

Also, this topic is for English language messages only.

[Old and no-longer relevant topic closed]

geposted Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 4:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)