Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Traktor dj sounds better - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
even if a program sounds better, they all perform the same function....to mix music and IMO VDJ has the best setup and ease of use. the overlapping waves speak for themselves, no other program i have seen does this and makes for easy and tight beatmatching. i have not used any of these apps but i base this on my own research looking at them and from users on here when compairing VDJ to others, as far as functions i can't really speak. but the price and TCV really interest me as being a turntablist now with many mp3 and growing, this is where i will make my home. infact its burning me to want to try the new demo, i have not tried VDJ since its 1st demo so whats that 1.0??? but i am waiting to order my TCV, maybe this weekend.....

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 5:03 pm
djchillPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Man-TK and Leroy what yu all are fighting is a very small issue.Yu all sound like newbies.The sound quality between virualdj and tracktordj isn't much different to talk about unless yu all have old soundcards..Tracktor dj may sound a little touch better because of it's 10 band equalizer but that is a minor issue.Cause when using virtualdj with all the correct and required eqiupment their must be an external mixer and the mixer helps greatly with sound quality coming out of virtualdj.Any poor quality coming from virtualdj means that it's yur computer or setup that is giving problems..........According too [Listen2] he truly understands how powerful virtualdj is and the beatmatching features.How could yu all say that yu r all already a dj and yu don't need the features.That sought of statement can only come from non professional djs who do not know much about perfect mixes and can just play songs......And Man-tk I wasn't expecting that sought of comment from you saying that yu don't need the features in virtualdj, since yu are a registered user for a long time now.

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 12:07 am
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Wha do U think about the quality sound of the 2.1 regarding the 2.06 ???? For me seems better !

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 1:57 am
EXACTLY

VDJ used the LEGENDARY lame encoder, and the soundquality between VDJ and Traktor is not noticable.. i use both, just to stay informed...

happy mixing

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 4:27 am
I own PCDJ FX, PCDJ red, djDecks and VirtualDJ. Using the same audio interface (RME HDSP RPM or Digiface) VDJ comes last in soundquality. Why/ I do not know, but both FX and djDecks sound way better then the other two..

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 3:37 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJCHILL :
"Man-TK and Leroy what yu all are fighting is a very small issue"
Is the sound quality a small issue for you ??? we aren't fighting ..we love the program . we works with it and we need it

"Yu all sound like newbies". I play music since 1983 ..do you really think I'm newbie ?? I have maya 44 usb soundcard ..is this an old sound card ?? I have 2 technics 1200 , mixer pioneer djm 600 and Jbl speakers , what do you think about my equipment ??

NOw I have a Pc Cube Asus pentium 4 at 3,0 with 1 gb ram Kingstom .
Vdj and the Team give me the best ..I work in a disco since 20 april to 31 october everyday , and since 20 february to 15 april in Austria (everyday) So I know very well Vdj ...I'm not a bedroom dj , I know what I' m talking ... I Love Vdj and all that I want to do is TO HELP the team to do a better program ..I'm an Ultravip member because I have helped everybody when I have been able SO WHAT'S WRONG ??? I think the sound quality could be better ..THAT'S ALL ..is not a fight !!! because I love VDJ
and I have the money to buy FS if I want ....BUT I WILL NOT BUY NEVER FS

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 4:09 pm
leeroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i play once a week in a local bar, and hope to use vdj with my 1210s and tcv which arrived today. if this all works i am gonna save loads of money. No more carrying a limited number of vinyl round, except for backup. my laptop full of new tunes. a dream come true?

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 4:59 pm
yupp..... its for sure a dream come true ;)

Man TK - I know you want the best for VDJ ;) no worries... :)
If soundquality need improving, please do help dev team on doing that :)

I'm fine with the sound, maybe because my club have PA system speakers, so the sound is corrupted in the amp and hardware anyway...

But have never compared on hi-fi speakers... maybe sound needs improving :) I'm really not the one to tell, as I only use VDJ in clubs, and clubs never have hi-fi speakers anyway... just PA systems for loud music :)

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 5:31 pm
I found out that the sound quality improves a lot if you set the gain level at -3dB and the setting "Auto gain" in the config panel to "Always match"
Ewout

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 1:35 pm
Is the track "Now that love has gone" by the group "We in Music" that comes with the VDJ Demo available commercially? If so, where can I purchase it please?

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 1:51 pm
Superstorm is correct. You will hear clipping distortion in audio if you run your levels at 0db. -3db is a good point to run your levels.

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 4:32 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how can I set the gain level at -3dB ?

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 5:08 pm
could be nice new feature (already asked i think) to have predefine fix gain fo a deck.

And to the original topic of sound quality:
yesterday i was on disco (as a guest after about year) dj played from normal decks without mastertempo. Quality of some songs sucks, i was touching my head .... but people were just dancing, and did not care about no dynamics at all, no heights it was just mummling their hit (the song was dj vasile or so) ...

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 5:28 pm
Man-Tk, please post a question only once and not in different threads. I answered your question in the other thread.

Lopez453. This request is indeed already in the "New features" forum. Hope it will be implemented in the future.
Ewout

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 6:02 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1) Playback sound in VDJ is pretty flawless, it is more subject to the files quality and way it is encoded (for more on this see my blog)

2) Someone said something about settings, yes, the gain in vdj should be set below -3 (try -4.5), and gain to always match, limiter OFF. Note: the gain in VDJ isn't imensely accurate, and some tracks may sound great and a little quite, others even at -3 might sound loud and distorted, an update could be done to better this, but, for now go for a gain less than -3, this avoids any files sounding terribly distorted (because of loud file and vdj gain recognision).

3) Timestrech should be turned OFF, and lastly if the timestretch were improved the sound quality would be equal to that in traktor, traktor is a poor product with solid basic features, when VDJ gets the timestrech fixed, the competition here should be over, done, finished.

Hope this helps the matter, Bagpuss.

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 8:21 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
personally I've always thought that the least I ask VDJ to do, the better it'll perform (and it performs flawlessly on my old ass VAIO P3 800Mhz notebook with 512Mb RAM). No autogain, no timestretch, no limiter, no fx, no EQs (I use an external mixer for that)

I have autogain disabled, because all my tracks are gain-adjusted before VDJ even sees them:

1) rip my vinyl (line-out of Stanton str8-80 w/ trackmasters thru Echo Indigo I/O line-in) or CD tracks using Audiograbber with Lame encoder at 192Kbps CBR joint stereo. I also use Audiograbber's normalizing for a first-pass gain adjust (acts on temp wav before mp3 encoding)

2) run the resulting mp3s through mp3gain set at 89db: this doesn't alter the soundbits at all, it just acts on the gain bit of each mp3 frame to normalize, and is undoable to get back to the exact same file if needed.

both those products are freeware, and I highly recommend them.

sound quality coming out of vdj is pristine.

Nicolas

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 8:45 pm

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 9:35 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just don't get it, i've used Traktor enough to know that it just ain't in the same league as VDJ..., It has the better master tempo, yes, but by no stretch of the English language can traktor DJ be called "better" than VDJ, sorry, i've tried both, and VDJ has it in a bag...

Bagpuss,

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 10:04 pm
Hi ive heard a lot of people rubbish virtual DJ's sound Quality.
I a Student in Audio Engineering at MAINZ (Music & Audio Institute of New Zealand).
Firstly Mp3 or even CD 16bit @ 44.1 khz is not anywhere near ultimite audio quality.
BUT what is the noise floor of the environment in the club, with 50 -100+ people often about 80dBA SPL!
What is the Quality of Speakers in terms of Hi-Fi Specs and is the acoustical environment ideal?
All these factors mean that even the best audiofile set-up would not be any better in these circumstances. And are the punters in any state to judge audio Quality?
I have found virtual DJ's sound quality fine in fact use it at home for my "hi-fi" setup.
I believe most quality issues could be more to do with mp3 encoders used and the settings of these.
I use LAME CBR 256, which most people cannot tell from CD.
Many DJ programs find CBR easyier to deal with when changing pitch or Key.

geposted Fri 20 May 05 @ 2:59 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I own both and there is no doubt that Tracktor DJ has better sound quality and ASIO support which is noticible even on regular computer speakers. Tracktor might not have more features then VDJ, but the features it does have are far more advanced. All that said, I still use Virtual DJ at clubs for a few reasons. Most importantly is VDJ lets me beatmatch tracks visually, it has built in sample playback, unlimitted ability to control the loop length, and all this lets me be more creative with my mixes.

geposted Fri 20 May 05 @ 10:28 pm
93%