Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NAMM 2010] Numark MIXDECK UNIVERSAL DJ SYSTEM - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Perform with CD, MP3, USB and iPod.

http://www.numark.com/mixdeck

Well maybe not exactly NS7... looks a bit cheaper made ;) but cool unit

EDIT : DOES NOT HAVE MIDI - so it can not control a dj software

EDIT 2: Does have MIDI, but only for the decks. The mixer part is NOT MIDI

geposted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 3:19 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Great idea for people in that transition between CD and full on comp dj.

Just don't ask how to map it. LOL

Nice idea.

Like the general plan here.

Daz

geposted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 4:39 pm
Well the BIG plus here is that this controller isnt bounded or bonded to a particular Dj software hence Atomix should be able to get the mapping working perfectly for this one.

geposted Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 6:15 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
HEy, looks like an iDj3... thta is: I have an iDj2 and I like it.
It has audio inputs and USB connections as well as a dock for iPods...
Just too bad it has to load libraries created on the laptop (for iPods, usb HD's,...).
And this one has no integrated screen to select songs to play from your USB-stick (it can)...

So I'd rather call this an iDj3 being an upgraded iDj with midi software controls and CD trays.
Mmmmhh.... maybe too much credit. So how about iCDMix with midi control features?

Whatever: it works with virtualdj, has an ipod dock and USB connection and is a midi controller too...
Prepare a skin guys, I go search some product reviews. ;-)

geposted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 10:18 am
What is the price for Europe?

geposted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 10:23 am
The only Dutch supplier who got this on their webshop is Bax. No price, you have to contact them. Probably because they just don't know yet.

geposted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 12:08 pm

geposted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 1:54 pm
Any reviews as of yet?

geposted Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 11:51 am
i just read the manual.
forget this machine guys.
the mixer does not have midi fuction (page 12), so especially if you mix video with virtual-dj you need that crossfader which is not available.

end of story.

i thought it would be nice to use cds as backup but what if this machine breaks down.

i keep my second laptop and second mixer for my backup and even if my vestax-vci300 breaks down or my 1st pc, still I keep playing.

i have the worst case scenarios for weddings because you cannot repeat a wedding.

just go for the AMERICAN AUDIO VMS4 and connect your ipod or second pc with it. who wants to mix with cds nowadays especially if you come from the VIRTUAL-DJ family?

geposted Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 12:58 pm
to be honest i would not care if the mixer on this is not midi as long as the decks control vdj, i would just use the auto crossfade feature in vdj as thats all i use now

geposted Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 10:50 am
21-01-2010, 20:53
Forum Member
Numark Mixdeck - First Impressions
Overview:
The size of Numark's New Mixdeck was a little smaller than I thought. It is made of a very sturdy hard plastic and very light. The cover on the fader/mixer controls appears to be metal. Works well with Traktor. I did the controller setup up in Traktor Pro and selected Numark Mixdeck and the CD controls were mapped to Deck A and B. Just need to be sure to set the audio to external mode so that you can use the onboard mixer. Sound quality is excellent. You can have one deck playing music from Traktor Pro and the other from another source (ie: CD, HD).

Looping/FX:
Looping and FX on the the Mixdeck accesses the effects in Traktor which was really nice. You can select 1 FX at a time. I really like the looping controls, you can easily set loops and adjust their size on the hardware as well as jump back to the beginning of the loop without any issues.

Scratching:
You can enable scratch mode. In Traktor, you just touch the wheels and it stops the music. You can move back and forth and then play resumes when pressure is released. While playing a CD, you have 5 scratch modes. (have not fully played with CDs yet)

iPod:
Controls worked fine. It has it's own dedicated channel which is controlled by it's own fader. Have not tried recording to the iPod yet.

Drawbacks:
Only drawback is only using two decks. Only benefit of upgrading to Traktor Pro would be to get additional effects. I do not believe Deck C and D can be used in this setup since I am using external mode and there are only 4 channels with two being used by Deck A and two by Deck B.
I do need to get the fader adjusted. The curve in normal mode is too tight. I only use the middle 50% on the fader to go from one deck to the next. I also found the gain levels coming out of Traktor to be low, so make sure you up the gain on each deck a little and change the setting to make sure it's not reset each time you load a track.

Future:
I will be playing with the USB HD capabilities, music CDs and mp3 cds. Will post my results.

If you have any questions or things I should try/look at, holla at me.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102549

geposted Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 10:03 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

geposted Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 4:22 am
I have the Numark Mixdeck and I am using it with VirtualDJ. I'm pretty much satisfied with all the capabilities and features. It's an all in one system that allows multiple source inputs including regular cd's. My only problem is the settings and latency. I can't seem to get it to stop skipping and pausing songs. I know its probably a simple fix but I'm having trouble getting it. Can anyone offer up the right settings in virtual so that it runs smoother?

geposted Tue 27 Apr 10 @ 12:57 pm
[quote=franciscovega]I have the Numark Mixdeck and I am using it with VirtualDJ. I'm pretty much satisfied with all the capabilities and features. It's an all in one system that allows multiple source inputs including regular cd's. My only problem is the settings and latency. I can't seem to get it to stop skipping and pausing songs. I know its probably a simple fix but I'm having trouble getting it. Can anyone offer up the right settings in virtual so that it runs smoother?
I was having this problem, So on Numark Mixdeck Panel I selected 1024 samples - 24.8ms / 46.4ms and that fixed it.

geposted Mon 28 Feb 11 @ 12:22 am
What type of computer are you using? I had a friend whose mixdeck was giving him the same problem on his HP laptop. He got a macbook & he no longer has that problem. I'm not saying buy a mac (but they are great) but you might have 2 try another computer.

geposted Mon 28 Feb 11 @ 1:30 am

geposted Mon 28 Feb 11 @ 9:48 am
So I got the Mixdeck Universal as a gift. Installed all software and drivers that came with it. However the faders and knobs (gain, treble, mid, etc.) are not responding in Virtual DJ. Both left and right sides of the Mixdeck and decks work, but cant get the rest working in Virtual DJ. Then I read some of these post and it sounds like this isnt completely mapped for Virtual DJ????? Someone out there have a solution for me?

geposted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 12:01 am
The solution is, the mixer section IS NOT MIDI, that's why in your setup you choose external mixer. Its all in your manual. Besides using an anolog mixer is better anyways, it'll sound better then the software eq. Check out my homepage for some tips and tricks that I use with the Mixdeck. I don't care what anyone says the unit kicks ass!!

Holla if you need anything
Huey

geposted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 1:18 am
Kcban17213 wrote :
So I got the Mixdeck Universal as a gift. Installed all software and drivers that came with it. However the faders and knobs (gain, treble, mid, etc.) are not responding in Virtual DJ.

Please do not post the same message or question more than once.

You have already posted this same message in the following topic, where you can find an answer: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/146922/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Help_please_.html

geposted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 7:29 am
EVERYONE IS INCORRECT AND I JUST LEARNED THE WAY TO DO THIS TODAY!!! All you have to do is, for the OUTPUT, select: "External Mixer". For the SOUNDCARD, select: "ASIO Driver", and select Ultra-Latency for the best quality sound.

That's it...from there, the fader controls will work perfectly on the Mixdeck Univeral in Virtual DJ!

I hope this helps everyone; a small tip from one DJ Online saved me from paying $1000 for a new MixDeck Quad just for the functionality.

geposted Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 6:12 pm
95%