Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where's the best place to get music vids?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

deludedPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just been playing with the video support in v3, and it looks rather nice - so much so that I've just ordered a dual head vga card to make use of it..

However, I can't find any good places to download music videos.. I've found a couple via file sharing, but they're generally copied from MTV and the likes (and also raises legal issues..). All the other legit sites I've found just have short snippets.

Is there an iTunes for videos??

geposted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 10:24 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Kid you not guys,
If you are stateside and think the copywrite laws for .mp3s are stiff, i'm sure you won't like the laws protecting video copywrites one bit.

My best advice is to have the original copies, make good quality mpegs and cover your ass with legally sourced material.

$25.00 per disc @ 50 tracks per disc would be $1.25 per track.

If you don't want to rip consider Screenplay mpegs at $10 more per disc.

Don't give VJs a bad name by using illegally sourced material.
You will never know with audio, video splashes are as incriminating as it gets.
Seen it in clubs with shit bum VJs masking the corner off with an Edirol to cover the splash, but an idiot would realize what is happening.
Not to mention the embarrassment of a slip when VH1 or MTV shows up on the screen.

Please do it legal or don't do it.

geposted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 11:46 pm
One of the places I've seen where you can purchase videos legally was here:

http://www.thebox.co.uk/

This is where MTV and Much music get their music vids from whenever they do video parties.

Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 1:39 am
Thanks guys.

I forgot to mention I'm in the UK, so getting stuff like videos from the US can be a bit of a pain.

thebox.co.uk sounds ideal - but I can't see anything on the site for buying them. Do you have to contact them directly?

I'm only really doing this for personal use - just thought if I can buy a video for a similar price to an mp3, then I'd go for the vid.

geposted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 9:51 am
You would have to contact them to find out how you can purchase videos and if they cannot supply you then from where can you purchase them?

DJ White Devil

geposted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 3:31 pm

geposted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 7:16 pm
Ahh - they look better - not cheap, but the classic dance one looks ok.

geposted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 7:19 pm
www.musicvideoclub.com

geposted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 11:27 pm
@djservix, www.musicvideoclub.com seems pretty useless. It appears to facilitate watching videos and talking about them.

In the USA, the best source that I know about is www.promoonly.com located in Florida where subscription is $300/yr for any establishment or individual who pays fees to ASCAP, BMI & SESAC.

If you don't pay fees to these 3, don't even bother. They are very strict.

geposted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 4:24 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Here is my incredibly off the wall opinion.., The laws are very strict with anything these days, and it is getting only tighter.., but the videos are getting worse, I hate watching mtv, because the videos take away any credit the song had, and you always see the same thing from video to video, people running, strange angles on cars, weird looking woman etc etc.., So why protect such crappy material so much?, well, i'm not on topic, I just love music and the commercial videos you see on channels like mtv do nothing but pee me off..., so if i'm going to provide visulas, I think i'll stick to win-amp style plugins.., these can be funky.., ideal for house and dance.

Just my personal view, preference, choice.

Bagpuss

geposted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 4:44 pm
Thank me later www.solesearch .com

geposted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 8:08 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
"Thank me later www.solesearch .com"

Nice link to sell and buy shoes?? what kinda spam is this ??

geposted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 8:23 am
Maybe he meant the p2p program SoulSeek! lol...

geposted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 10:10 am
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I cant see any way to download / purchase music online at Promo Only UK. This place is thought for label members that are granted exclusive access to download this stuff via a special MPE Player.

Only option seems to buy one of their video compilations for around 65€ (20 tracks). This covers 'classic' tracks and nothing new really.

geposted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 2:09 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
The Hot Video Classic series is excellent, very little waste.

geposted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 3:19 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)