Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ w/ Video. What Video Card?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been using OTS for 2 years now and love it. I just wish they would finally release some more features such as beatmatching, video and karaoke. I have never had the program fail on me and I have it on 6 different computers.

I bought the new VDJ because I am just getting into video. I know my current computers are not up to snuff to mix video. They're fine for audio though.

Despite Cyder's feelings, I would love to stay laptop. My current main gig laptop would sit side by side on top of my rack with the new laptop. The main laptop would be my main machine with OTS and Sax n Dotty for karaoke but I would like the new laptop ready to go with video. I know nothing about video cards and I saw this card included in some laptops I was looking at. Is it sufficient? ATI Radeon X700 128MB Graphics

Don't hate the ignorant! lol

geposted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 2:25 am
My laptop (Acer aspire 1801) has a X600 radeon (PCI-e) and video is useable, but no fancy stuff and the UI gets quite sluggish.

If you are serious about video I strongly suggest you switch to a desktop, I currently run an ASUS P4P800SE mainboard with 3GHz P4 and NVIDIA 6600GT GFX card (AGP) this setup work perfectly fine right now. I went AGP because I allready had the 6600, if you'r ebuying a new system I'd suggest you go for the new socket 775 with PCI-e.. Don't be cheap on memory ! 1GB is IMO a minimum for a solid system. I currently have 2GB in my system and switched the swapfile off completely.. Makes everything go just that bit more smooth..

geposted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:02 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
couldn't of said it better myself :)

geposted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 6:40 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Too bad it takes something like video for users to finally figure out what I've said all along.

geposted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 9:10 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Yeap but nice to see more and more new faces. Welcome to the world of digital dj'ing. You made a wise choice.

geposted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 9:24 am
Thanks guys. I've been a digital DJ for over 2 years now using OTS and Sax N Dotty for karaoke.

geposted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 1:58 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)