Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Controller - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I like the VDJ skin to accompany it, could do with the odd millimetre shaving off hear n there to increase record case maybe but never the less a nice touch.

I see the VMs4 is wall warted, are all hybrid mixers going to be like this? I hope not

geposted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 6:19 am
Yes, it's deffo in stock at most of the big name DJ retailers here in the UK now.

I placed my order a few hrs ago, so it should arrive tomorrow I hope!

geposted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 8:17 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 9:14 am
Well, I'm happy that I wasn't the only one excited about this piece. Everyone enjoy theirs (when they finally come) and I can't wait to compare notes.

geposted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 9:40 am
the first shipment for the US is pretty much spoken for with pre-orders. : (
I spoke with a nice gentleman at ADJ's US division yesterday and he put me in touch with a distributor in Colorado, still awaiting word for availibilty in my region.

Anyone know when the 2nd and 3rd lots are supposed to arrive in the States? I'll post any updates I get from the Colorado distributor.

geposted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 10:15 am
My local dealer let me down... :-( He doesn't even know when his shipment is due in!!!

But just ordered from djkit.co.uk and it will be here Thursday!

Roy

geposted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 10:36 am
glad that my post helped roy hope to see you and it in action soon

geposted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 11:50 am
rolyspeller wrote :
glad that my post helped roy hope to see you and it in action soon

Me too... just got a 60Gb HDD camcorder for my birthday for that very reason!

Roy

geposted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 4:21 pm
finally got mine on order with local lighting consultant/contractor. won't get it till after Sept 12, but got a little discount, $459 US.
looking forward to videos and reviews from you gents.

geposted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 9:21 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Best all in one controller I have put my hands on. Felt like Christmas when this baby arrived. Rick nailed it with his post.

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 12:31 am
I've just ordered one for delivery tomorrow. I guess it is fully mapped to VDJ Pro already?

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 4:46 am
Yep, fully mapped since 6.1 ;-)

Roy

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 5:10 am
Ah... Here's a question for the Atomix boys...

As I already have Pro, there's no need for me to install the VDJ that comes with the VMS4. However I assume the VMS4 skin is only installed with that LE version.

Is there another way to get hold of the skin? Will it be added to the download area under 'controllers'?

Preferably before tomorrow ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 5:17 am
I'm looking forward to this one Roy, should replace the DJM500 and HC-4500 nicely in a smaller lighter unit. I had a look at the specs and it ticks all the boxes. Guess I will need to remap some buttons for auto loops but apart from that it looks ace for the money. I looked at the Pioneer Djm2000 but this is far more functional for me. When do you get your one?, I ordered from decks.co.uk

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 5:21 am
Oops, double post. What res is the custom skin, as I'm 1920 x 1200 these days. Does the vms4 work on Mac?

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 5:23 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
No need to install the software Roy, its LE that comes with it.

Should be plug and play right out of the box Mac included.

Mine should be here this afternoon, tick tick tick tick tick tick tick...

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 5:48 am
I got a spare set of technic 1200's with a vestax 3ch mixer who wants to trade a VMS4?? Lmao!! Really hope the wait isnt that long..............

Huey

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 6:26 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Looking vms4 pictures and thinking about custom mapping vms4. Does anyone know if effect select and control knobs are infinte rotary buttons or not (I mean that I can rotate them inifinitely clockwise or anticlockwise)?

When using VDJ, can I use mixer eq in analog mode? So I don't have to map software eq and trim (which quality is not very good).

These are important things to find out before buying the controller.

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 6:38 am
The EQ for the USB audio can work in two different modes, Pre & Post EQ. These EQ modes can
work in both 4 out and 8 out interface modes that are described on pages 19-20.

In Pre EQ the USB audio signal is affected by the VMS4 EQ. Pre EQ is the default EQ. In Pre EQ
mode the ASIO Driver will list the VMS4 device number, the first number in the sequence will be a
"0". ***Beware that mapping the MIDI on the EQ knobs in this mode will cause your audio to process the
EQ from the software and VM S4 EQ .

Post EQ is for users who prefer using the EQ from their software. To enter the post EQ mode before
powering up the VMS4, press and hold the PFL CUE (4) on the 4th channel MIDILOG and then
power "ON" the unit. Release the button, your computer may reinstall the VMS4 as a new device,
please allow 10-20 seconds for the change to take place. Confirm the EQ change by checking the
ASIO Driver configuration. The first number in the sequence will be a "1" in this mode.
Make sure you are using software where you can map the MIDI from the EQ and that the EQ has
been mapped when using this mode.

This is from the PDF manual and hopefully explains things a bit .......

Keith

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 6:59 am
Understand that Rick... But how do I get hold of the VMS4 skin?

Roy

geposted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 7:20 am
49%