Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 7 Mac - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

BIG PROBLEM... running Virtual DJ on my MacPro PowerPC (Tiger). Was going fine till I upgraded to 7.0.1. IT WILL NOT RUN UNDER POWERPC SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE. I do not have time to trouble shoot and I have a trouble ticket in but if anyone could get me version 6.0 faster it would be appreciated. I have some events going this weekend and I don't know if tech support will get back with me soon enough. I have another and newer Mac system but it is not production ready. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

geposted Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 8:50 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's been stated in this thread already that it's not compatible with PPC; only 10.5 onwards with Intel. No troubleshooting needed - it's simply not supported.

To get an older version as quickly as possible you'll need to raise a support ticket or call support. It's worth keeping older versions so you can revert.

geposted Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 9:14 am
Already been done... already been stated. I thought maybe someone in the thread may have a copy available for download over the weekend. Its obvious tech support is not available over the weekend so I was at the mercy of forum supporters. But thanks for your response.

geposted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 1:33 pm
Installs are tied to users; if someone else sends you their install and you use it then you will trip the piracy protection, rendering you unable to use any version.

For future reference it's always worth keeping the install file from your last working version before an upgrade, and always upgrade when you have time to test - never right before a gig. That's really bad practice.

geposted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 1:52 pm
Oh really... VirtualDJ has piracy protection? You must be a spokes person since you know so much. I also don't see the "virtualdj" emblem by your name so bugger off if you don't have a definitive solution... not interested in your advice. Thanks mate.

geposted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 11:33 pm
Date: Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 6:24 pm
Teamer: apopsis
Version 6.12 is available now for you as you asked, but to my knowledge version 6.0.2 for mac is the last version that works well with Tiger due to changes by apple.
I made both versions now available for you at the download center.
Please let me know if you can also use 6.12

To use newer versions of virtual dj in the future you must upgrade your macos i'm afraid.

Best regards.

Apopsis
Virtualdj support Team.
Date: Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 12:35 am

That's a definitive answer and solution for you chaps that don't have a clue. Don't bugger people with inundated noise to try and make yourself seem more knowledgeable than you are. Thank you.

geposted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 12:42 am
keith.walters wrote :
Oh really... VirtualDJ has piracy protection? You must be a spokes person since you know so much. I also don't see the "virtualdj" emblem by your name so bugger off if you don't have a definitive solution... not interested in your advice. Thanks mate.

I'm sorry, what?!

So because I don't work for Atomix Productions I can't know anything, and you're not interested in my advice no? If you don't want public input, don't post in the forum. Simple. I did have a definitive solution for you - use an older version or upgrade your OS.

Guess what? This information about piracy was supplied by Atomix and has been posted by them in the past.

keith.walters wrote :
To use newer versions of virtual dj in the future you must upgrade your macos i'm afraid.

That's a definitive answer and solution for you chaps that don't have a clue. Don't bugger people with inundated noise to try and make yourself seem more knowledgeable than you are. Thank you.

SBDJ wrote :
It's been stated in this thread already that it's not compatible with PPC; only 10.5 onwards with Intel. No troubleshooting needed - it's simply not supported.

Which is what I said above - current versions do not support Tiger. It had been stated several times in this thread had you even bothered to read it. If you think I know nothing about VDJ then that's up to you. I will (as a moderator chosen by Atomix) remind you to obey the rules and remain polite.

Attitudes like yours make me wonder why I bother with all the work I do round here sometimes :(

geposted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 5:38 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Hey Keith

Lets lighten up here.

We do have support available on the weekends.

Using any install file other than the one you are registered for will lock your software as Scott told you.

If you read the forum rules at the top of the general forum it asks to be polite.

Scott is one of our most knowledgeable members here and also very proactive with plug ins that are free and equally free with his time that he donates to help people such as yourself.

He is also a senior moderator and members need to show him some respect when he posts regardless of your personal opinion of him or his answers.

You posted a request for help which he accurately gave you and then you told him to bugger off, which is totally out of line.

Lets take a deep breath and play nice.

Thank you for completely understanding

Rick

geposted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 8:22 am
lucastzHome userMember since 2010
HI GUYS I want to buy v7 with pioneer MEP-7000 does it work proper with mac, I dont have experience with this thing.

geposted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 12:14 am
cortoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SBDJ, please don' listen to that fool, KEITH.WALTERS...

You've been a great help to all the "lost" users that come to the forum for answers, and without a doubt you know what you are talking about.
Thanks for everything that you do.

BEST REGARDS,

geposted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 4:50 pm
keith.walters wrote :
Teamer: apopsis
Version 6.12 is available now for you as you asked, but to my knowledge version 6.0.2 for mac is the last version that works well with Tiger due to changes by apple.
I made both versions now available for you at the download center.
Please let me know if you can also use 6.12

Best regards.

Apopsis
Virtualdj support Team.
Date: Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 12:35 am

I cannot believe you have the nerve to bash someone for trying to HELP you with something you clearly don't understand. You should be ashamed of yourself.

geposted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 11:26 am
Geez, Keith-boy here really has an attitude problem. Talk about ungrateful!

geposted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 1:18 pm
It's OK guys, let it lie :)

geposted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 5:20 pm
someone please help me help help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am a mac user and i have vdj 7.02 and i know this software has the timecode feature and i just got a hercules mk4 with soundcard how can i make this work with time code cd can anyone help me i know there is a way for it to be done but i need hlep someone please help me

geposted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 3:10 am
djrk1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey Guys I have just bought virtual dj pro 7 for my new mac book pro. I installed I then clicked the application to open it for the first time so i could put my seriel number in it and it didn't even load up!!! it came up with the virtual dj logo and then just stopped and had an error message telling me to contact virtual dj which i have tried to do but no one has answered the phone!!! I am extremely upset at this moment in tim as i have purchased this product for £235.00 and "electronically" downloaded it off this site and its not working!!!

Can someone please tell me if this is a problem at the moment!???!

Regards

ROB

geposted Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 8:59 am
This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!! I have bought VDJ PRO 7 for £235.00 and The VDJ "company" have just taken my money and given nothing for it as it doesn't load on my MAC!!! And when i call for help in the us and internationally (as i am from the UK) both phone numbers never answer I've left messages on the answer phone messages!

This is daylight robbery!! someone needs to sort this out very quickly otherwise i take legal action to get my god damn money back!!!

Rob

geposted Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 10:07 am
OK all sorted no thanks to Virtual DJ they need to have a better support system its AWAFUL!!!

Rob

geposted Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 10:22 am
djrk1 wrote :
OK all sorted no thanks to Virtual DJ they need to have a better support system its AWAFUL!!!

Rob

Fortunately I've not had the need to call Virtual DJ with any support issues as of yet. I'm sure I would have been frustrated just like you, but from the time stamps on your three messages, it looks as if Virtual DJ took care of you in a reasonable amount of time.

geposted Sat 25 Dec 10 @ 5:33 pm
Please help! I first bought VirtualDJ Pro while using a PC but now have purchased a new MacBookPro. I downloaded the Mac version for both the drivers and VirtualDJ Pro 7 on this site. The program was installed however, the Mac keeps giving me an error message saying my Hercules RMX is not connected even though it is. What gives?

geposted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 5:18 am
Hey, djrk1: Would you share your resolve for your issue you asked about with your Mac? I am having issues myself...Thanks!

geposted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 5:24 am
29%