Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: tell me ...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hey i got about 15 speakers at home and 2 subwoofers i wanna know if i gotta connect them through one amplifier say for may be a room about say 20 ft by 16 ft or something like that which amplifier should i buy which is not very expensive so pl let me know ppl and also may b the price of the amps ull suggest.
will check soon thnx.

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 9:37 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Please try to write in correct english. It is quite difficult for non-english mother language to understand what you are asking for.

I understood but can't give any advice since i don't own any amplifier.

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 2:11 am
It takes all types doesn't it ? If this wasn't a general forum I would delete this thread.

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 5:50 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you can't connect 15 speakers to one amplifier, there's a question of speaker impedance (XX ohms), not just power.

best would be for you to go to a sound equipment store and talk to a technician.

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 11:37 am
if the speakers are the same you can easily combine them

but be careful, if you have amplifier for the 4 OHM speakers you can connect anything that
has 4 or more OHMs and your amplifier will not get blown :-)
but more ohms the the sound will be more quiet

------
if you have two 8 ohm speakers and connect them in series

(amplifier-)...(SP1-) (SP1+)...(SP2-) (SP2+)... (amplifier+)

you will get 16 ohms so it will be ok but will sound quiet
-------
if you have two 8 ohm speakers and connect them in parallel

(amplifier-)...(SP1-) (SP1+)..(amplifier+)
(amplifier-)...(SP2-) (SP2+)..(amplifier+)

you will get 4 ohms and if your amplifier is for 4 ohms it is ideal
----

you can consider this connection as one speaker then
combining four 4ohm speaker you can get
two 8ohm speaker sets (2 speakers in series) and when you connect theese 2 sets in parallel you will get 4 Ohm 4 speaker set. but 4 times powerful than individual speaker.

It is difficult to combine 15 speakers :-) but you will sure find a way but it will be a lot of cables.
and don't even mind phasing problems comming from the different layout of the individual speakers in the room.

If your subwoofers have a bulit in bass filter all is ok but anyway it's goot to have separate amplifier for the subwoofers and separate for the "normal" speakers. Also you will need a crossover that will separate the frequencies specifically for the subwoofers and for the speakers.

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 5:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)