Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ for linux????

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Why only Windows?Its not such a big thing to make versions for other platforms!

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 9:26 pm
Huh, It's much different than you think. :-)

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 11:20 pm
goanndyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, Linux is a very good system. I work with Linux/Unix about 15 years, and i have more funj with Linux/Unix.

Goanndy:-))

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 11:42 pm
I love how this thread pops up every couple of months. A macintosh thread should follow soon. I agree a Linux DJ system would be very nice and we may get it someday, but I am going out on a limb here and saying, that Linux DJ system will NOT be VirtualDJ. This software is too closely tied to the Windows platform, all of the dependencies are Windows only. Direct X sound, Windows Media codecs for sound and video, and the list goes on.

I was forced to bring a Windows coputer into my family of Linux computers so that I could run VDJ, but I am not counting on VDJ being available for Linux in my lifetime.

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 1:03 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Linux is perfect i know it too but currently it's not enough developped for games or audio programs. I mean, it's a fact there is no DirectX on Linux and the issue with drivers are huge. Just have a look on the different way of sound (ALSA,etc...). Linux is a great dream but it needs more time

Contrary to Linux, Macintosh has better luck with Core Audio, the same thing as DirectX audio for mac

Do a search for more details: it's a famous topic :-)

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 1:57 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 2:06 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Final scratch (1) moved from linux to windows...
Something must this means.
For the same reasons i think, even if the scratchamp is the only soundcard can used with this system, (and it has linux drivers...)

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 2:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)