Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Controling samples with midi

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey everyone I recently got the m-audio trigger finger (which is amazing) and was wondering if it can be programed to control the samples in vdj? If so how would I map it to vdj and set it up? Any help would be appreciated.

geposted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 9:14 pm
ha thats exactly what im getting when my tax rebate clears! let us know if its any good with virtual dj! was thinking of getting the korg midi controller keybaord with the 4x4 button bank cause i need a keyboard too but its way too much!

sorry tho mate ive got no idea about virtual dj's midi. are you using a midi interface or your sound card, or does it have a usb interface?

geposted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 12:24 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i too would love to hear any news on this as i have a Yamaha DTXIII that i wish to use to trigger samples etc. (for those that dont know its a digital drumkit thing) my friend has allready used it on a setup he has at a live venue (he is a live electo artist). for some of the tings that can be done with this kit (here is a link toa vidio of what can be achieved) check this out, this is actualy the exact kit i have.

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=battery_us#

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:52 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I don't really understand your question. If it was: can we control the samples in VDJ by using midi interface, the answer is yes of course but you can only send midi data to VDJ, not receive them

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:57 am
yes thats the question! how do you map them! no one is asking about how to recieve midi information from VDJ

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 2:49 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 12:36 pm
Hey everyone.....to answer everyones questions about the trigger finger....it is awesome! I use it with ableton's live and Im gonna check out the reason demo soon too. As far as with VDJ tho I couldnt get it to work. The trigger finger has a usb connection. I looked into what dj cel said but still couldnt get it to work. I enabled midi and then it says to use the short cuts to map it. Thats all easy to do but it still doesnt work. For the sample button I tried making one shortcut where sample=1 then I pressed the midi pad that I wanted for that sample...In the part of the screen where your shortcut button comes up it said midi 127 which indicated that the connection was working but when using vdj the button did not trigger the sample. Any ideas? Do you have to map the controler somehow for vdj? Anyone else succesfully using a midi controller for samples?

DJ Xeo....what kind of setup is your friend running? Is he using it with vdj?

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 3:53 pm
he is using a roland 8 trigger pad, connected via midi to a rackmount running native insturments battery 2 (the program used in the vid i posted) he just plays his effects using the pad and battery over music and sometimes music videos that he's created in the studio. he borrowed my dtx kit one time to make a setup almost identical to the one shown in the video and that was the instance i was reffering to.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 5:47 pm
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to update that I got it to work and for anyone else wondering about the trigger finger you have to use it on the 16th preset which is midi learn.

geposted Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 2:56 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)