Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS6 - Page: 7

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I also have to toggle the input switch on deck 2 (right deck) to get any audio from the computer to play. Is this a Numark issue or a VDJ issue? I have to do this every time to get it to work.

Do you need a youtube video as a better description? Anyone else having this issue?

Scott

geposted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 10:02 am
Cstoll,

First, thanks for the mapper for the NS6... I followed your instructions and everything works perfect... not one issue at all.

I do have a question for you though.

I'm coming from the Numark ICDX's.
At the bottom of the ICDX was the....

CUE - Pause - Play buttons, With the "SYNC" function being the "tap" buton on the player.

When I whould hit the CUE button on the ICDX (track not playing) it would move to each preset CUE point in the song, but NOT play the song. Is there a way to get the NS6 to work this way?

geposted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 2:23 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djmagicmoments wrote :
I also have to toggle the input switch on deck 2 (right deck) to get any audio from the computer to play. Is this a Numark issue or a VDJ issue? I have to do this every time to get it to work.

First - is this using the new mappings? And are you using a 2 deck or 4 deck skin?

Jeremy G wrote :

When I whould hit the CUE button on the ICDX (track not playing) it would move to each preset CUE point in the song, but NOT play the song. Is there a way to get the NS6 to work this way?

You can change the cue mapping. When I get home I will post back with the right VDJScript action for you. Or you can just look at your old iCDX Cue button mapping and copy/paste that for the CUE button Action for your NS6.

geposted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 2:31 pm
I am using a 2 deck skin. Old mapping file...

I will try the new mapping tonight.

Thanks!!!

Scott

geposted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 2:33 pm
just 2 deck. . .

I'll take a look at the maping and see how it is set up. Thanks for the fast responce.

also, I don't scratch at all.... just beat mix, so Could I use the Scratch button on the ns6 as the "sync" function and set the bottom butons to mimic the ICDX's buttons?

geposted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 2:33 pm
Jeremy G wrote :
also, I don't scratch at all.... just beat mix, so Could I use the Scratch button on the ns6 as the "sync" function and set the bottom butons to mimic the ICDX's buttons?

You could do that ...

geposted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 2:38 pm
should have waited a bit longer before posting...
Think I got it mapped the way I want.... I pulled up the mapping for the ICDX and copied it... thanks agian for all your help

one thing I do have to do to get the cross fader working right is take the Deck A switch in the front... bove it to RIGHT then back to LEft... and it works fine.

geposted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 2:53 pm
As noted already -

cstoll wrote :

No - it does not correct the crossfader assignment toggles for Decks 1 & 3 on the front panel. That requires a VirtualDJ update to fix.

geposted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 4:02 pm
Ok, i'm guessing the fix is in the works?

I know CUE isn't updates as quickly as VDJ and I'm on the newest version of CUE.

geposted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 9:15 pm
am from the UK a and i want to get this monster-beast Friday but if it aint workin with virtual DJ i think I mite pass but i really want it what you lot think?

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 1:52 pm
the ns6 works great with my vdj 7.0 but only on the 2 deck view. does anyone have the 4 deck view mapped to all 4 faders?

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 1:59 pm
The mapping available for the NS6 works fine for 2 and 4 deck configurations under the latest version of VirtualDJ. You are most likely experiencing issues because you are not using the latest version.

If you have a license register the serial ( http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html ) and download the latest version.

If you do not have a license then please purchase one ( http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html ) to take full advantage of the NS6's potential.

Dj t-money24 wrote :
am from the UK a and i want to get this monster-beast Friday but if it aint workin with virtual DJ i think I mite pass but i really want it what you lot think?

Remember only people experiencing problems typically post to our forums. I know there are way more people successfully using the NS6 with no problems then the few that have posted here.

Also, you will need the VirtualDJ Pro Full version to take full advantage of the NS6. You can use your LE serial to get a discount by going to our buy page ( http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html ) and entering your serial number in the upgrade section in the middle.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 2:28 pm
after further trial and error i was able to get it to where the layer buttons would work but the volume faders wouldnt. so using all 4 faders with the layer buttons functional like they come in serato itch isnt happening for me. thats what i need. Anyone know how to map that?

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 3:44 pm
Can someone try and replicate this problem.

load a couple songs into your play list on the right and use the AUTOMIX function.

What mine is doing:

The songs stops playing where the line on the automix should start the fade at the end of song A. . . Song B doesn't start until the track for song A is over. . .i.e. the line at the front of song B.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 3:50 pm
djronburgundy wrote :
after further trial and error i was able to get it to where the layer buttons would work but the volume faders wouldnt. so using all 4 faders with the layer buttons functional like they come in serato itch isnt happening for me. thats what i need. Anyone know how to map that?

Are you using the official mapping for the controller ??
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13230/Numark_NS6.html

Sounds like you are using some 'hack' version and that is why you are having problems.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 4:53 pm
Dj t-money24 wrote :

Been using the NS6 along with virtual dj for two weeks now professionally. Been testing it for about a month. I can safely say that it runs really well with virtual dj. There are two things you need to follow like the holly bible (metaphorically speaking). When you switch on the NS6, touch both platters a few times to set the sensitivity and after starting virtual dj, switch decks 1 and 3 to the centre position and then back to the left position so that you dont face the crossfader problem associated with decks 1 and 3 which is currently present but being looked into. (phew, that sentence took the breath out of me). follow this prayer before any gig and things should go smoothly. The only shortcomings i felt was that the mic in is associated with channels 3 and 4 in the mixer so if you are using four decks, you cannot use the mic and vice versa. This, of course is a hardware limitation and not related to virtual dj. Not really a problem in a club as there are usually a few channels on the amp you can wire a mic directly to but it might be a deciding factor if you perform mobile gigs.

I am actually quite impressed on the stability. Im actually now testing it on a low powered laptop with core I3 380UM processor (1.33Ghz with no turbo speeds) and 8 gigs of RAM and even with two videos with all the bells and whistles i have'nt come across a single stutter or noise distortion due to latency being too low, leave alone crashes. I dont think I'll use that laptop in the club though, Maybe after a few more weeks of testing if I can summon up the guts and definitely not on a friday. Hope this helps.

l8r:)

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 6:49 pm
annihil8r wrote :

I am actually quite impressed on the stability. Im actually now testing it on a low powered laptop with core I3 380UM processor (1.33Ghz with no turbo speeds) and 8 gigs of RAM and even with two videos with all the bells and whistles i have'nt come across a single stutter or noise distortion due to latency being too low, leave alone crashes. I dont think I'll use that laptop in the club though, Maybe after a few more weeks of testing if I can summon up the guts and definitely not on a friday. Hope this helps.

A bit confused... what are you testing on a low powered laptop? The controller, the software, the laptop?

The problems are known.

There is another problem... in automix with videos, the video comes in very loud for a split second and then drops down to fade in. I will try to get a youtube video of this so you can see.

Overall, I am happy with the unit but if an update will fix the problems, then we should get an update as soon as possible. Also, the LED lights that scroll across to the right are annoying and we were told that they would change the way these react.

Oh well... going to try the new mapping now.

Thanks again!

Scott

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 8:26 pm
Im using vdj 7 pro and I downloaded the map from the website. I tried adjusting the mapping myself and thats where I had problems

geposted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 2:58 am
djmagicmoments wrote :

A bit confused... what are you testing on a low powered laptop? The controller, the software, the laptop?

Been testing the system as a whole. When performing in front of a crowd, a glitch is a glitch. Doesnt really matter whether the cause is the controller, the software or due to the laptop. Didnt know about the automix problem with videos. To be honest Ive never used this feature and was wonder in what situations do you use it. Hope the new mapping has resolved ur problem.

geposted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 7:10 am
But are you testing to see if your laptop will work okay, or if the software is okay or if your controller is okay?

When someone posts that they are testing and they are not a beta tester of the software, I often what what they are test and why they report that they are testing on the forums... It kind of confuses me as to what they are testing and if I should pay attention to their results or not...

I think we need an update to get these few issues resolved.

geposted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 8:35 am
53%