Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 7.1 loop issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not much to say, several songs throught the night. I set loops for an extended mix and the audio would just stop on the looping deck while the non looped deck would still play. Sometimes the looping deck came back but messed up allot of mixes.

Should I go back to 7.05b? I think I have seen others mention a loop bug around here, but no thread for it.

geposted Sat 03 Nov 12 @ 11:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Dev Team is awared of the issue, and will be probably fixed in the next update.
In the meantime, better choose the Fast Streching Master Tempo mode from Config->Performance

geposted Sat 03 Nov 12 @ 11:39 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This is truly annoying but I found a quick solution for this by doing a bit loop move during loop of course using the jogwheel mapped to shift + loop_move (not the exact command) and the loop bug's gone even in advance time stretching. Of course you need to slightly move the loop before it begins its cycle.

geposted Sun 04 Nov 12 @ 2:36 am
Thanks, I think adjusting the loop is how it came back... Don't quite remember that part...

Good to know DJ Dad, thanks. I stuck with 7.1 because I thought this bug might have been part of the 7.2 update. Plus, played a full set last week 0 issues... Not sure how that happened.

geposted Sun 04 Nov 12 @ 6:31 am
i have found this issue to be very random and the work around is to just backup to 7.02 :-)

geposted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 12:13 am
Used 7.05b for a very long time, nothing wrong with that version. Think I am going to stick with that until 8.X. I don't really need any of the new features.

geposted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 8:06 am
Message to DJRanes (or anyone else who knows)...

I'm trying to do what it sounds like you've accomplished.
I want to map the jogwheel to do the loop_move whenever a loop is active to have greater control of where the loop starts.

The script I came up with is this: (based on the example "DOUBLE OR HALF LOOP USING THE JOGWHEEL" from vdjpedia)
loop ? loop_move 0% ? cycle %jog -20 & var %jog ? nothing : loop_move -10ms : cycle %jog 20 & var %jog ? nothing : loop_move +10ms : jogwheel

However, no matter which way I rotate the jog wheel its only able to advance in the forward direction (towards the end of the track) and not back in time (towards the beginning of the track) which is usually needed to find the perfect spot.

Is it even possible to do a negative loop move, like LOOP_MOVE -10ms ?

Could you share your code if you're able to do this?

Many thanks,
Oliver

geposted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 12:00 pm
Hi guys...figured it out!! I forgot to add param_smaller in there :)
loop ? param_smaller 0% ? cycle %jog -20 & var %jog ? nothing : loop_move -10ms : cycle %jog 20 & var %jog ? nothing : loop_move +10ms : jogwheel

This maps the jogwheel to the 'shift' knob in the sampler section to adjust the start position of a loop. I find this gives superior control than to mouse/trackball madly around on the screen. Releasing the loop returns the jogwheel back to normal jog/scratch action.

geposted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 12:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)