Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CDJ loop mapping

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is there a way to map the Pioneer CDJs loop buttons to use the jog wheel outer rim to change the loop length (start point and end point). Like how the CDJs work, like how Mixvibes Cross has done it?

Thanks for any info.

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 4:15 am
You could map a button to the following to toggle the jogwheel between adjusting loop in/out and normal jogwheel mode:

wheel_mode "loop_in,loop_out,jog"

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 4:42 am
Would it be possible to do this then with the loop buttons?
keep the loop buttons for loop in / loop out but if a loop is active if I hold loop out down I could then use the Jog to change the length. Or would I need a different button just for this?

Thanks for the fast reply though

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 4:51 am
I'm not familiar with the Pioneer way (I'm a Denon guy) but you can map your loop-in/loop-out buttons as:

Loop in:
loop ? wheel_mode "loop_in,jog" +1 : loop_in

Loop out:
loop ? wheel_mode "loop_out,jog" +1 : loop_out

The above code supposes that you have a third button to exit the loop

Loop Exit / Reloop :

loop ? loop & wheel_mode "jog" : reloop

=======================================
If your device has only 2 buttons for the loop then you can use the following code:

Loop In:
loop ? wheel_mode "loop_in,jog" +1 : loop_in

Loop Out:
loop ? holding ? wheel_mode "loop_out,jog" +1 : loop & wheel_mode "jog" : loop_out

With this code the drawback is the increased latency on the exit of the loop. The loop will exit when you release the loop out button, not when you press it down since it will wait to see if you're holding it or not.

PS: When you engage wheel_mode "loop_in" or "loop-out" the entire platter (not just the outer rim) will control the loop entry/exit points.

PS2: You might want to map your buttons leds to blink when "loop_in" or "loop_out" modes are engaged:

LED Loop In:
wheel_mode "loop_in" ? blink : loop_in

LED Loop Out:
wheel_mode "loop_out" ? blink : loop_out

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 4:56 am
Thanks Phantom the first one is spot on, I will try it out after work and let you know.

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 5:04 am
Tested and works, thank you.

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 12:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)