Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Mixtrack 2 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

hwm1992PRO InfinityMember since 2013
I have looked at both Numark Mixtrack 2 and Mixtrack Pro 2

The only difference is with Pro you can hook speakers directly to it and the other you can't

There is a $100 price difference

Since my current set up is a laptop ran through my Numark iDJ3 my thought is I can get the Mixtrack 2 save myself $100 and it will work the same since its USB powered

So plug Mixtrack 2 into my laptop then take the rca cord I currently use ran from my laptop to my iDJ3 and it all works the same except for I won't be doing the click/drag method I currently do instead I will have a controller to get more out of my DJ software

Is my assumption correct with this?

geposted Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 2:32 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You need a VDJ pro full version at least.
If you have one you should be able to use the mixtrack with your laptop.
But it is recommended, that you also buy another soundcard which is built for DJ performances.
Built-in soundcards aren't designed for DJ works.

geposted Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 2:41 pm
hwm1992PRO InfinityMember since 2013
So the VDJ LE Mixtrack 2 comes with won't work as well?

And if I run it all through my main unit the iDJ3 why would I need a sound card?

geposted Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 2:44 pm
You will need to upgrade to VDJ Pro, the LE versions that ship with the controllers will only work with that controller. If you choose the mixtrack 2 without a soundcard you will only be able to use your laptop soundcard. And I'm pretty sure that the MTP2 is only sold with serato intro/dj so pretty much no matter what, you will need to upgrade to Pro then you could use the standard mixtrack with your idj soundcard.

geposted Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 2:46 pm
You will not be able to modify the audio configuration within the LE version, it is designed to only work with the hardware it is bundled with.
You will need VDJ Pro for all the audio configuration capabilities that allow the use of multiple pieces of hardware such as controllers and sound cards.

The built-in sound card on the Mixtrack Pro 2 is serviceable but it is not a pro audio device. I use the card in my Mitrack Pro but I also run my sound through a sound processor and analog mixer.

geposted Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 2:52 pm
bspdjLE userMember since 2013
Hello everybody there,

I am writting to you because I just bought the Mixtrack II and apparently I can use headphones, but I don't really know how to set it up in order to use it. I have tried it many times but it wasn't successfull, so... what may I do to deal with this problem. It works good but the problem is that I can't pre listen the song I am playing next.

So please, can you help me deal with it? Thank you in advance.

geposted Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 2:06 am
Hi there,

I have a question i hope someone can help me,

Just bought the Mixtrack pro2 and i only have a Macbook laptop with the Mixtrack comes serato software which i downloaded it works all fine but i cant get any sound out of my laptop......

Do i really need an external speaker system to get sound???
I thought it would work just with my laptop??

Hope someone can help me
Many thanks :-)
Lesley

geposted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 11:08 am
If you are using Serato, then you should ask any questions about it in their support forum. This is the VirtualDJ forums, for help and support using VirtualDJ software.

You can download the latest VirtualDJ Home FREE to try out VirtualDJ with your MixTrack Pro 2. Home FREE is limited to 10 minutes at a time when using with a controller as a trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro, which is required for MIDI controller support. You can restart the software as many times as needed to continue your free trial.

In answer to your question, controllers with built-in sound cards are designed to output sound directly to PA speakers or link to the in-house mixer in a club or bar. For home use, you will need to use powered stereo speakers such as studio monitors. Free software that comes with controllers with built-in sound cards is usually limited to using the sound card in the controller only.

There is a simple workaround though - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20LE%20sound%20through%20computer%20speakers.html

geposted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 11:22 am
Hi what spec laptop do u need for mixtrack pro 2 thanks

geposted Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 11:43 pm
villainsUK wrote :
Hi what spec laptop do u need for mixtrack pro 2 thanks

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

RECOMENDED system requirements:

Intel® Core™ 2 or AMD Athlon™ X2
Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional (or newer)
1280x1024 resolution (or higher)
Multi-channel DirectX compatible soundcard
1024MB RAM
200MB free on the hard drive
Additional requirements for Video mixing:

geposted Tue 14 Jan 14 @ 1:41 pm
Hi I have just bought the Numark Mixtrack Pro II, I have tried using it with Virtual Dj (Full Version) and it doesn't work at all. All the lights are on and everything I honestly don't have a clue what the problem could be. FYI I am also using a saffire pro 14 soundcard with krk rokit 5 monitors.... any ideas on how to fix this?

geposted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 3:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 6:03 pm
I have a Mix Track 2 and when I practice at home everything is great. I did a Wedding not to long ago and every time I touched the scratch pad the channel would freeze up and I would have to reboot the program. I was able to use my Ipad as back up. When I got home I hooked everything back up and it works like a charm. I was wondering if this has happened to any one else? If so is there a solution? I'm wondering if it has to do with the internet. Does it need to be connected to WiFi? If that's the case. What do I do if there is no WiFi? I plan on upgrading to the pro version but I have a few more events to do before I have the money.

geposted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 12:47 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
No, you don't have to be connected to the internet.

I think it must be something related to the electric circute or perhaps it was static sparking that caused the freeze.

Did it really happen EVERYTIME you touched the touchwheel? And only on one side of the controller or both?

geposted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 4:23 am
it was both and it was every time.

geposted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 9:42 am
I have the mixtrack 2 and virtual dj pro but when I connect it with the cord the lights come on but it won't actually connect and work. Could you please help with this

geposted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 5:43 pm
I bought the mixtrack pro and I also have the virtual dj broadcaster that I purchased thru you guys and is there any way that I use my mxtrack pro more than 10 minutes.. . I think if someone purchases a software from you they should have acess to use the mixtrack pro I understand with the home free edition please if any one has any information on if there is any way to use the mixtrack pro with virtual dj broadcaster thank you

geposted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 11:42 am

geposted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 12:16 pm
I just got a Mixtrack 2, and I installed Virtual DJ LE that came with it. VDJ LE isn't recognizing the controller at all. Any suggestions?

geposted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 7:58 pm
I purchased the upgrade for the LE version but I can't view videos full screen anybody know why?

geposted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 4:47 pm
38%