Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SZ - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

A Man and His Music wrote :
If they gave you everything, they could not make Mo Money. That's the reason they left out the screens and usb ports, and any other goodies, that you want. They even tried to suck you in, by saying this is the last in the series. That just means there will be a new series. I will bet, that some have bought all four of these controllers, just like they bought every iphone. As soon as they sell 5000, there will be a new series, maybe for a different software, or still for Serato. It will have the usb ports for memory sticks, and a few other little improvements. Then they will release another one with the displays, and take even Mo Money. The cycle never ends. I like this controller, but will not rush out to get it. The IEC is enough for me, I hate those adapters.

That is why I haven't pre ordered it yet. I think something is much better around the corner. However, I suppose you can always say that... something better will come out and wait. But then again I haven't rushed out and purchased every deck on the market. just because it has this or that feature I like.

Granted I have played with quite a few different decks usually on "loan"

geposted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 8:52 pm
dav70LE userMember since 2014
probleme de pilote asio pc windows 8 (ddj-wego2) : message d'erreur carte son !! ?

geposted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 5:42 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

geposted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 6:09 am
there are these flaws with the unit:
1) the size limits it portability (will not fit in a normal DJ booth)
2) No dual deck scratching
3) No send and return
4) The feel of the filter knob is not to great
5) Cost way over priced and no where near as twice as good as the DDJ-SX

There are some major positives
1) The jog wheel is much more improved and is taken from CDJ 2000
2) Has the knob to slow the track down as CDJ 2000, as if your using vinyl
3) Can switch laptops and Dj's at a flick of a switch
4) Pads can be assigned colours
5) Got 2 separate microphone channels as on a DJM mixer
6) Got an oscillator (4 different noises)
7) Got Filter, Jet, Echo, Pitch like on DJM 800 (filter section with an assignable knob for each section

geposted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 3:35 pm
My review is playing with actual controller last night at a special pioneer event. personally only give the controller 3.5 / 5 stars Value 2 / 5 stars

geposted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 3:37 pm

nice review, and without having tested it .. it sounds reasonable.. twice the cost of DDJ-SX is a bit much ;)

What you meant by no dual deck scratching ?

geposted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 4:01 pm
uksam13 wrote :
3) No send and return

1, a normal booth will fit 2 1200s. Not sure where your spinning at, a closest, lol!
2, can easily be mapped with VDJ, I've done it with my Mixdeck Quad.
3, its main focus is software so I wouldn't imagine t would have those.
4, new knobs make a difference or is it a cheap part?
5, your opinion which you are entitled to, lol! But then again show me something Pioneer that isn't over priced??

geposted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 4:14 pm
When this Deck comes out, I will buy it. For me it will be great because, I will have the feel of a big setup with light portability. You rarely see controllers being used as a club because most djs preffer to use cdjs and Techs (When you have a lot of Rotating Djs). If you are a Resident Dj ( You Only all Night, You can use what ever you like) I used to have Two c dj 2000s & a Rane TTM 57sl mixer. I paid alittle over 3000 for those 3 pieces and to now pay 2000 for (2 CDJ 2000s & a DJM 900) in a all in one deck.. Sure. I don't need no Usb thumb drive or cd slot. The controller has everything I need. This controller is the answer to what many have been looking for.

geposted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 6:57 pm
2nd that ^^^

geposted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 7:37 pm
SOLD!!!

geposted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 11:29 pm
Until the next one comes out.

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 2:36 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005

That's the nature of the beast.

As fast as software is developing, there is almost NO WAY for hardware to truly keep up.

I own techs, Dicers, Rane 57sl, Numark NS6 and the Pioneer DDJ-SX.
That being said, I am likely to get the DDJ-SZ as well and I am seriously looking at a Rane 62 or 64. What kills me is I am also looking at the Reloop rp 8000's too.

I do this (DJ) for a living. It's how I pay my bills. ALL my bills.

Maybe i'm just a gear whore.
Lol

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 9:21 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
beatbreaker1 wrote :
uksam13 wrote :
3) No send and return

1, a normal booth will fit 2 1200s. Not sure where your spinning at, a closest, lol!

Yeah, even at some of the small bars I play at you could fit a 12" mixer, 2 turntables or CDJ and a controller. Last bar I was at, I was able to get my DDJ SX in there and room for my laptop to sit next to it. I don't think space is gonna be any issue for bars or clubs. And for mobile, its is still better weight than the NS7 or carrying 2 Turntable/CDJ and a mixer. Which in a coffin could weigh upwards of 75lbs.

Will definitely get this to replace my DDJ-SX

Also for what you are getting, basically a scaled down size of a DJM 900 mixer, CDJ 2000 jogs, this really is priced nicely in my opinion. Also it was mentioned that the internal soundcard will work for DVS applications as well, that in itself is of great value, at least to me.

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 9:44 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
xcakid wrote :
I don't think space is gonna be any issue for bars or clubs.

I disagree.
There are a lot of bars in my area that don't have this much space.
Even a couple of clubs don't have it.

Thinking of the bar I dj at, my ddj-sx is at the limit of size, because of their equipment.
I might push their mixer a little to the side. But I'm still not sure if the ddj-sz would fit.
It's huge...

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 10:19 am
It wont fit most places .. IF the club already has gear.

think thats where the "argument" is at ... if the club already has gear filling up the booth, no room for this beast, but of course at a club with zero gear, and empty booth, it will fit just fine .. .

But most of us dont have the "luxury" of coming to a club with an empty booth though ;)

This beast I think its a bit targeted towards clubs getting it themselves - or a resident dj, that has his own gear permanently at the booth.

Its neither very mobile, or practical to bring as a "guest dj" at some venue, where they already have their own stuff filling up the booth ;)

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 11:09 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

If the club has gear, what's the need for bringing your own? Put a laptop in a bag or better yet a USB in your pocket and go. Granted there are a few clubs out there with really CRAPPY or Un-kept gear. But a majority (what I've seen and played on) has way gear better than mine. LOL

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 2:59 pm
xcakid wrote :

If the club has gear, what's the need for bringing your own?

well most/many clubs have analogue old school dj gear for djs using CD's .. and sometimes vinyls..
Sure one can/could use timecode.. but to many modern digital djs, bringing a controller is a huge plus and preferred .

And why get DDJ-SZ if you are not gonna bring it ;) a bit overkill for mixing in the bedroom.. but sure why not ;)

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 3:36 pm
djcity wrote :

That's the nature of the beast. I do this (DJ) for a living. It's how I pay my bills. ALL my bills. Maybe i'm just a gear whore. Lol

I feel ya. This is my only source of income, also. It allowed me to purchase a hair salon 6 years ago, and keep it afloat. Unfortunately, had to sell it, and this is all I do. It is also the reason I don't run out and buy each new controller. I squeeze every drop of juice out of my hardware. I know I can never keep up, so don't try. I try to anticipate my needs, and make decisions based on that. The fact is, I make the same amount of money, no matter which controller I use. Yes, it has a lot of nice features that I like, but at the moment, my MC 6000 and RMX2, are still working. Could it make my job easier, and allow faster creativity, yes. However, this is my slowest time of the year for mobile business, and I can wait. I just picked up another night in a new club, and this controller would fit nicely, because there is no other equipment. I just think there is another controller or two, that are on the horizon. By the way, you are a gear whore, but that's OK. You can afford it.

geposted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 4:06 pm
xcakid wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

If the club has gear, what's the need for bringing your own? Put a laptop in a bag or better yet a USB in your pocket and go. Granted there are a few clubs out there with really CRAPPY or Un-kept gear. But a majority (what I've seen and played on) has way gear better than mine. LOL

The reason to bring your own gear should be fair simple:

You know your gear capabilities inside out and you should be able to perform with your eyes shut.
At least that's the reason I always bring my own gear...

For a limited amount of time I used to bring only my laptop on clubs that I knew they had gear with MIDI/HID capabilities and I had about 10 custom mappings in my "mappers" folder.
However pretty soon I realized that this was not better than bringin my own gear:
I played in X club on December two or three times that had a Xone:4D Then I played again on that club on March. I had forgot most of my mapping for the unit!
I also played on bar Z in November that had a pair of Pioneer CDJ-400. When I went there again on February they had 2 Numark ICDX...

So I decided that I will always bring my own gear...
No more sticky buttons!!!

geposted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 2:41 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
xcakid wrote :

If the club has gear, what's the need for bringing your own?

well most/many clubs have analogue old school dj gear for djs using CD's .. and sometimes vinyls..
Sure one can/could use timecode.. but to many modern digital djs, bringing a controller is a huge plus and preferred .

And why get DDJ-SZ if you are not gonna bring it ;) a bit overkill for mixing in the bedroom.. but sure why not ;)

PhantomDeejay wrote :

The reason to bring your own gear should be fair simple:

You know your gear capabilities inside out and you should be able to perform with your eyes shut.
At least that's the reason I always bring my own gear...

For a limited amount of time I used to bring only my laptop on clubs that I knew they had gear with MIDI/HID capabilities and I had about 10 custom mappings in my "mappers" folder.
However pretty soon I realized that this was not better than bringin my own gear:
I played in X club on December two or three times that had a Xone:4D Then I played again on that club on March. I had forgot most of my mapping for the unit!
I also played on bar Z in November that had a pair of Pioneer CDJ-400. When I went there again on February they had 2 Numark ICDX...

So I decided that I will always bring my own gear...
No more sticky buttons!!!

Well I guess in my old age, I am either getting lazy or just efficient. Personal choice is I would rather just use the gear the club has. Less for me to lug around. Less hassle trying to plug into their already wired installed system. Unless that gear is crap. Also make it a point to check out the club before I play, except if its a last minute booking.

My view is: if it has a crossfader, upfader, pitch fader, platters/jogs, a head phone jack and it all works. I can mix on it.

Anything beats having to lug records like I use to.

geposted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 9:57 am
85%