Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark NV - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

New controller from Numark, paving the way for something I've wanted in a controller for a while, screens! Look forward to potential VDJ mapping when this bad boy is released.

http://www.numark.com/microsites/nv

geposted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 5:47 pm
Typing virtually the same thing at the same time as you. Great minds think alike.

geposted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 5:52 pm
cool but coding for vdj's wave to show on the controllers screen might be tricky,unless of course numark has done so allready.does it come with vdj LE?
edit: nope,comes with serato...

geposted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 6:03 pm
Apparently it's $699 with ETA around September.

What's the betting that won't translate to £410 for the UK? :-(

Karl Detken has stated on djworx that the screens will only work with Serato software.

geposted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 6:30 pm
that figures...:(

geposted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 6:40 pm
Wish Numark would keep the decks the same, all this left deck play button on the right and right deck play button on the left really just annoys me.

geposted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 7:12 pm
and the pads under the jogs a disaster waiting to happen

geposted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 11:04 pm
Making a controller that only fully works with one brand of software makes no sense. If there were just Serato, Traktor & VDJ they would be cutting their possible market of customers down to a third of all controller users. The fact that there are many other makes of software out there means they will have a very small portion of the market interested in this controller. That makes no business sense to me.
While the button layout looks a little odd, I think I could get used to using it that way.

geposted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 5:36 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys, Numark has an open policy of support any software :) Any that would like to support this are more than welcome.

geposted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 7:56 am
Visit the djworx page and post your opinion.

Give them feedback - Karl Detken is right there.

geposted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 7:56 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
groovindj wrote :
Visit the djworx page and post your opinion.

Give them feedback - Karl Detken is right there.

And Im looking at you right here :) Rest assured your feedback is all extremely valued.

geposted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 7:58 am
groovindj wrote :
Karl Detken has stated on djworx that the screens will only work with Serato software.

Seems he's now edited his post and removed that comment!

The article still states that the screens are officially a "Serato DJ thing" though.

geposted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 8:06 am
But I have a question, why to make this mixer a controller if you have screens on the machine? Maybe to make this controller as the Pioneer AERO, Am I wrong?

geposted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 9:49 am
@Simon B. Can you please go back to the r&d department and tell them to add the ability to play off of flash drives and also add CD drives, please?? Basically I'm asking you to remake the Mixdeck Quad just like this thing!!

If you did this I would be very happy! This is exactly how I pictured the Quad to be in the first place.

geposted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 10:18 am
Another product bundled with Serato.... Bummer. It would be nice if Virtual DJ would work with a manufacturer to create something to harness the power of Version 8. Seriously, this software is leagues better than the other offerings out there, why aren't they putting together a product to finally shut the naysayers up? It baffles me endlessly...So tired of Serato being pushed so heavily..it is, in my opinion, inferior. Come on, Virtual DJ, you have the best software out there, give us the hardware partnership to unleash the beast!!!

geposted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 11:06 pm
Man I really can not wait to try this out!!

geposted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 1:51 pm
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
@Simon B. Can you please go back to the r&d department and tell them to add the ability to play off of flash drives and also add CD drives, please?? Basically I'm asking you to remake the Mixdeck Quad just like this thing!!

If you did this I would be very happy! This is exactly how I pictured the Quad to be in the first place.

+1

geposted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 2:25 pm
I was kinda excited to try this thing out but seeing its as big as an s4 is a deal breaker for me..... Nice try Numark but you lost my sale when you went small...........

geposted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 3:39 pm
oops! that figures (again)..anyway was gonna say that I actually like the 4trak better,looks nice.now if they would had made it like that,with screens lol...

geposted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 5:49 pm
poussy1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Cableraker wrote :
Another product bundled with Serato.... Bummer. It would be nice if Virtual DJ would work with a manufacturer to create something to harness the power of Version 8. Seriously, this software is leagues better than the other offerings out there, why aren't they putting together a product to finally shut the naysayers up? It baffles me endlessly...So tired of Serato being pushed so heavily..it is, in my opinion, inferior. Come on, Virtual DJ, you have the best software out there, give us the hardware partnership to unleash the beast!!!

This will be only the first of a long line of like minded controllers to come.
VDJ 8 is only out for a couple of months.
But yes I agree with you.
On the other hand Atomix let's us have all the updates for free, while the competition
continuously sucks into your wallet.
So, yes it would be profitable for us DJ's if you teamed up with a hardware manufacturer,
but it could also mean that future upgrades will be more and more turned to one specific brand.
Pioneer DDJ-SX and others first only worked good on S.
Now it is a pleasure to manipulate with VDJ 8.
In a very quick changing world of DJing we all have to learn a new virtue, PATIENCE. :-)
Yes this one has what most of us are looking for, but it is only the first one.
I do not think that all the other brands, will not join this new and valuable trend.

geposted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 3:05 am
16%