Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: clone deck map - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

how do I map a button on left side to clone the rightside and vice versa
VoxoaM70

geposted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 2:41 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck left clone_deck right
deck right clone_deck left

geposted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 12:51 am
i cant do it like that for some reason the buttons arent independent in the device definition, its not just left 0x19 or right 0x20, its like 0x19(0) meaning leftside and 0x19(1) meaning rightside. The 0 and 1 are midi channels i think. here the device def.

<!-- Left deck -->
<button note="0x19" name="DECK" deck="1" channel="0" />

<!-- Right deck -->
<button note="0x19" name="DECK" deck="2" channel="1" />

so in the mapper editors when you press the button you want it just shows like its just one button

geposted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 1:37 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Try this:

device_side 'left' ? deck left clone_deck right : deck right clone_deck left

geposted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 4:42 am
that works, lets say i would like to change the buttons is it a matter of changong the right to lefts

geposted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 4:45 pm
Switch the stuff either side of the : if you swap every left with every right (ie including the query ?) you would have the same result as before.

geposted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 5:25 pm
thanks, new question. okay I have a skin with 3 effect slots. and I have 3 buttons to activate them. what I want is to use a button to toggle between the 3 effect slots so I can use my 3 fx param knobs that I have mapped to sliders 1-3 of the effect thats. in the chosen effect slot.

geposted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 11:27 pm
Ok understood.
Do you want this button to do all decks or a button per deck, I'll do the example as global.

First the button, you want it to cycle from 0,1,2, so
cycle '$varName' 3

Next you want your dials to do stuff differently dependant upon the cycled variable, I'll do slider 3 as the example
var_equal '$varName' 0 ? effect_slider 1 3 : var_equal '$varName' 1 ? effect_slider 2 3 : var_equal '$varName' 2 ? effect_slider 3 3 : nothing
-------------------------------------1st slot 3rd dial-----------------------------------2nd slot 3rd dial------------------------------------------3rd slot 3rd dial

geposted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 6:29 am
locodog wrote :
Ok understood.
Do you want this button to do all decks or a button per deck, I'll do the example as global.

First the button, you want it to cycle from 0,1,2, so
cycle '$varName' 3

Next you want your dials to do stuff differently dependant upon the cycled variable, I'll do slider 3 as the example
var_equal '$varName' 0 ? effect_slider 1 3 : var_equal '$varName' 1 ? effect_slider 2 3 : var_equal '$varName' 2 ? effect_slider 3 3 : nothing
-------------------------------------1st slot 3rd dial-----------------------------------2nd slot 3rd dial------------------------------------------3rd slot 3rd dial

we know im vdjscript illiterate...explain the $varName part. is it "$vareffectslot" 3

geposted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 5:31 pm
Don't worry we'll get you there.

'$varName' can be literally anything '$sausages', '$earWaxFlavouredJam' , '$anyNameYouLike'
The '$' symbol makes the variable global, (that is, that it isn't tied to a deck) So you only need one button to cover all decks, if you don't start with '$' then you'll need a button per deck.
The 2 scripts (as is) will work, but if you want to give the variable a name that makes sense to you like '$vareffectslot' then just swap out the given name.

The first script is (everything on the next line)
cycle '$varName' 3
So if you want a variable name that makes sense then the script is,
cycle '$vareffectslot' 3

Cycle resets the counter when the variable reaches the given number, so start V8 and $varName == Zero (automatically), press the button once and the var == One, press again and it == Two, press a third time and the var resets to Zero

If you struggle, let me know because I've found the default mapping for your mixer and I can do the lot, but have a shot yourself first.

geposted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 6:33 pm
actually jmf wrote a similiar script that worked, it seems the $ was not need, it seem the mixer definition handles the decks.

geposted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 6:49 pm
actually jmf wrote a similiar script that worked, it seems the $ was not need, it seem the mixer definition handles the decks. so everything is good but...im actually using the wet/dry knob to scroll thru the effects but its not switching like everything else when i press the button we just mapped

geposted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 6:50 pm
Yeah I can see '$' not needed from the mapper/def files, good if you like symmetry, not as good if you like to FSU.

You never mentioned this effect select dial, mind reading I'm not good at.

So this is what you have for the W/D dial as default
effect select
So try this in it's place. See how it is very similar to the slider 3 script I gave you?
var_equal '$varName' 0 ? effect_select 1 : var_equal '$varName' 1 ? effect_select 2 : var_equal '$varName' 2 ? effect_select 3 : nothing

geposted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 7:59 pm
So where are we at triple X? are we in the realm of working?

geposted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 8:24 pm
locodog wrote :
So where are we at triple X? are we in the realm of working?

yea that did the trick...i know theres a lot of remapping, because using this new skin jmf36008 and it has so many options that i want my mixer to be able to control everything only thing i want to touch my laptop for is to search. then i want to finish mapping my vci400 after this. So between you and jmf i might become a pest.

geposted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 8:30 pm
Good stuff,
Does vestax host the def & mapping files for the VCI400 like the M70's web site does? because I learnt a bit about midi from looking at the m70s map/def and knowing about encoder mapping will help my DIY

geposted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 8:55 pm
No it forwards you to counter zero mapping in the vdj controller section.

geposted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:16 pm
yea midi is an old technology but still very useful. See what my mixer does with just 2 midi channels.

geposted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:24 pm
You might want to redefine your M70 as the symmetry layout will waste buttons that really you only need one of.

You There must be a post I can't see.
Are there any HID mixers/controllers around? I know there's the nexus but I haven't seen any HID controllers,having only 7 bit slider resolution would feel at bit low compared to the 8 bit and 10 bit I'm use to.

geposted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 4:48 am
locodog wrote :
You might want to redefine your M70 as the symmetry layout will waste buttons that really you only need one of.

You There must be a post I can't see.
Are there any HID mixers/controllers around? I know there's the nexus but I haven't seen any HID controllers,having only 7 bit slider resolution would feel at bit low compared to the 8 bit and 10 bit I'm use to.

dont know what you mean, but i ready to try PFFX, what do you mean redefine

geposted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:42 pm
33%