Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where are the DEVS... - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
*Sigh* typical of internet discussion, the one point that I said was slightly out of context was taken out of context.
Rarely are the pros and cons explored, just the validity of the persons opinion dismissed over one point.
At least meet us half way and make a FAQ. Save everybody some pain

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 6:07 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 9:55 am
That's the first I've seen that, perhaps it should be in a more prominent position?

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 11:02 am
locodog wrote :
perhaps it should be in a more prominent position?

It's been suggested before, probably by many over several years. I know I mentioned it on at least one occasion.

Nothing changed.

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 12:17 pm
locodog wrote :
That's the first I've seen that, perhaps it should be in a more prominent position?

More prominent than at the top of the page, under support/help? Some need to be fed, others feed themselves. Some spend their time complaining, others look for answers. It only takes a second to look around. Groovin feeds himself, can find anything, no matter where it is. I personally, do not have to be kept in the loop about everything, from every company, that I buy a product from.

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 3:05 pm

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 4:03 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
other software companies might operate in the same way but who said we have to conform to the norm? why not stand out?

You want normal, he wants to stand out. Which is it? My point, everyone is not going to be satisfied, no matter what they do. So let's stop trying to please everyone. I try to live in the real world, and realize that I am not that important. Jamie Diamond, is not taking my calls about the latest hack at Chase, and I would not expect him to. You need to know everything, I don't. I have a full life, and am busy enjoying myself, not spending all my time, getting all the information, about all the products that I own. You think Apple told you about the bad battery, as soon as they found out? Samsung told you about it in their commercial. This company has had years of success, by providing updates and addressing issues, as soon as they have them. This has not changed, and they are not on vacation. I don't have to know who they are, how many are touching a button, where they live, what they ate for lunch, or any other irrelevant information. None of that information, affects my ability to make a living. I just need to know they are working as hard as they can. That is what they are doing.

If Apple really cared about their customers needs and wants, they would have put out a Samsung Galaxy S5 by now.

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 4:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Well, it might be nice to know what they had for lunch. I'm hungry but, I don't know what for.....

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 5:19 pm
Well done staff you've reduced the thread to flippancy and sarcasm.

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 5:58 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Quite a speech AMAHM, but I think that missed the point , except for letting us all get to know YOU and your view of things a little better, I appreciate that.

But that's not what it's about in my view, it is correct that not all can be pleased, but why not the majority? Can't please them all? Yeah, but sure could please the most part ;) surely some things are asked just to much, but honestly, letting people know that this,this,this and that guy are the heads behind our beloved Vdj? Don't come tellin us we are in no position to ask what they had for lunch, that sarcasm is slightly out of place, considering its about a valid question, being who's developing Vdj now that adion joined and so on, might as well just give us a number to go by, so we atleast might understand that e.g. Four guys can't program that lot, or if it's 20, we might know just when to ask about issues again, just not stressing everyone.. I don't intend to offend, just clarify that we don't ask that much really, just a name and what he does, exactly that has been no issue in the past, so I can't we why it's a issue now? I don't think you are hiding something don't you? ;) pear and greetz

geposted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 6:56 pm
locodog wrote :
Well done staff you've reduced the thread to flippancy and sarcasm.

Flippancy and sarcasm, are accepted forms of communication. Do not overlook, the facts contained in the message. It's ok when you use it, why do you have a problem when I use it? Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question. Oh wait, do you have a problem with rhetoric? Let's keep our big boy pants on and try to be consistent. The private does not get to speak to the general. The mail boy does not get a meeting with the CEO. You, do not get to speak to the Queen. Try any of these actions, and you will get flippancy, sarcasm, and a lot more. You do not get to call the owner or the chief developer, of this company. Now this is where VDJ is different. They will speak to you directly, and have since I have been here. Everyone here with an issue, thinks they are special, and think they should be able to speak directly, to the person in charge. That's not how it works, in the real world. Again, the difference here is, the people in charge, are not in hiding. They are here on a regular basis, asking and answering questions. However, this is not good enough for some. Well, you can't always get what you want, but......if you try sometimes, you'll get what you need (I just made that up). The suggestion that the developers are some how in hiding, and not listening to their "customers", is ridiculous. How do you thing these frequent updates, keep coming? They are not going to stop what they are doing, to answer every single question, from every single user, who thinks their issue is special. Wait............ you didn't mean every single user? What's the cutoff point? Oh..... you mean the majority? How many is that? Who has that number? The fact of the matter is, the developers have always been here, and speak on this forum, on a regular basis. I like to deal in facts.

geposted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 3:48 pm
Fact is, op asked for a bug list wich would save a lot of user a lot of trouble.
Fact is, we have a nice log of fixed bugs (once they are fixed)
Now please explain to me why we shouldn't have an official bug list.

geposted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 5:26 pm
@AMAHM TL:DR, It probably wasn't interesting to me anyway, now you're on the receiving end of some arrogance, enjoy.

geposted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 5:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
dasouth2004 wrote :
Now please explain to me why we shouldn't have an official bug list.

You re kidding, right ? Can you point me to a software that officially publishes their bugs or Todo list ?

geposted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:26 am
TearEmUp wrote :
Well, it might be nice to know what they had for lunch. I'm hungry but, I don't know what for.....

this is par for the course

geposted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 10:52 am
if I were managing this board I would have replaced most of the moderators months ago. There's a reason many of us refuse to participate in discussions because of smart ass or over zealous forum moderators like the snarky comment made earlier. If I were a dev i would take his moderator privileges away for a month.

geposted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:29 pm
These types of comments are COMMON, not rare. Shame on you Atomix for not managing the only outlet to your customers and future customers and allowing these types of moderators to run rough shod over our comments, fustrations, questions, and inquiries.

geposted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:31 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Dev is currently working on her first EP Bittersweet July and a new album, both of which are scheduled for release in 2014.

Cause what cha don't know, ya don't know, but now ya know...

geposted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 3:17 pm
Guess what, the majority of us that still care, don't think your attempt at levity is even remotely funny.

geposted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 3:51 pm
87%