Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX2 - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Yeah. What Eddie said.

geposted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 2:04 am
My SX2 does the same thing.
The gain knobs do not go passed 3 o'clock position.
Between minimum and 9 o'clock area is very coarse resolution (jumpy).
Only between the 9-12-3 o'clock positions is smooth.
Nevertheless, some sort of position encoding on those knobs is not running as expected.

geposted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 8:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its a 14 bit knob, which means byte 24 is the lsb and byte 04 is the msb. And from what i see data is OK.
Gain value is 0 at 12 o clock and +12 db at maximum but -96db at minimum and not -12. So its normal that you wont get a linear form of data when moving from 12 o click to minimum, because if the data were linear from 0 to 9 clock you would get large steps and thats something that you wouldnt want, because from 10 o clock to 2 o clock is actually the "working" area and yo would like to have the most precision possible.

But what i am interested in is this...
When moving from 0 to minimum, is there a point or points that you get higher gain value instead lower ? I mean is there a chance to get -12 db at 9 oclock and then get -11db at 8 o clock ?

geposted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 10:11 am
As far as I can tell the gains function as they should . . . I turn the knob to the left, volume goes down . . . I turn the knob to the right, volume goes up. I haven't noticed the volume jumping when it should be going down. It's just jumpy and stops early on the up side.

geposted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 9:55 am
As far as I can tell the gains function as they should . . . I turn the knob to the left, volume goes down . . . I turn the knob to the right, volume goes up. I haven't noticed the volume jumping when it should be going down. It's just jumpy and stops early on the up side.

geposted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 9:55 am
im thinking about getting the SX2 and wanted to know will the SX skin work for the SX2 controller. Thanks.

geposted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 8:03 am
Skins are not tied to controllers. Controllers are not tied to skins.

You can use any combination of skin & controller.

geposted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 8:29 am
Hello together,

i´m new in this Forum, i read some thread´s it was very nice a lot of infomation´s
But i have some questions:
1: I´m thining about to buy a ddj sx2, is it right that i need the VDJ 8.0 ? or can i use the older VDJ 7 Version?
2: Some users write that not all functions useable in that combination (DDJ SX2 / VDJ 8 ) The issues now fixed ?

geposted Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 12:31 pm
It is not supported in version 7

The mapper is 99% complete. Atomix are still waiting for a demo unit to complete it.

There are still issues with the inner jog LED's and of course the flip buttons won't work as this is a Serato feature.

Been using the SSX2 with VDJ since day 1 and it's great.

Keith

geposted Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 12:47 pm
I Hope and wait For a Mapper
DDJ SX 2 - Virtual DJ 7

geposted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 12:16 pm
It takes Atomix months to get a SX2 controller to work with ? They sold millions of copies of VDJ and now they wait for a free controller :-)

geposted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 6:14 pm
I am currently using vms 4.1 and comtemplating of getting SX2. Can anyone advise me the sound quality compare to vms 4.1 vs MK6000mkII vs VCI400. Appreciate your thoughts

geposted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 1:31 pm
Doubt anyone would be able to compare them all, but the sound quality is good.

Given the VMS4.1 is American audio a tin can would sound better than that!

geposted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 2:17 pm
I have a ddj sx that is now getting old and want to get the ddj sx2.

But have noticed a lot of people saying it doesn't work as well as the ddj sx in VDJ.

Is there any advantages in vdj, getting the sx2 over the sx at the moment or in the future?

geposted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 3:35 pm
To be honest they are not saying it's not working as good as original SX.
Their saying that it doesn't work up to 100% of it's abilities. And that's about to change once we get a demo unit from Pioneer.
So overall, in the near future SX2 will be a lot better than SX with VDJ8 ;)

geposted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 5:55 pm
Any news on when that will be George?

I'm still using a heavily modified prototype mapper and I don't want to go ahead and change everything to the current default if it's all going to change again :)

Keith

geposted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 1:51 am
We're not going to made drastic changes on the definition of the unit. Therefore your custom mapper will still work. You may need to add a few new entries once the final official mapper arrives (e.g. the commands for the jog rings)

When that will be, we cannot tell. It's up to Pioneer. We have requested the unit, and they respond. But we can't tell when they (have sent / will send) the unit to us.

geposted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 3:21 am
Thanks for the help. Probably should go for the DDJ SX2 then as it should be more future proof. Quite interesting to see what virtual dj will do with the 3 new buttons(flip) maybe these could be used to record loops to samples etc.

Is the demo unit different to a standard unit then? As the SX2 has been out for some time and surprised some one hasn't bought one, as looks like a great controller.

I noticed there seems to be new controllers coming out with screens like the Numark NV and S8. Will there be any new controllers for VDJ8 that have screens, as this seems to be the way the market is going.

Thanks again.

PS kradcliffe. How are you finding the SX2 controller? Is it working well?

geposted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 4:18 am
ksavage1981 wrote :

Is the demo unit different to a standard unit then? As the SX2 has been out for some time and surprised some one hasn't bought one, as looks like a great controller.

No, it's not different.
New controllers get released every few months. Not all staff members need a new controller at the present time ;)
Personally I use an MC6000 (as small factor unit), an SX (as middle factor) and an SZ (as large factor)
Something similar goes on for everybody else. So, it's up to Pioneer to send a unit to provide support for it, and that has been the case with almost all controllers that don't ship with VirtualDj.
The rest information you asked for is confidential ;)

geposted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 5:50 am
Yes, it works well. The beauty is that you can map the buttons etc any way you want.

I have an issue with the gains and their interaction with the software gain but it could be my prototype definition and mapper that is the problem :)

Keith

geposted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 6:23 am
28%