Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX2 - Page: 5

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi All, I have just acquired a unit. Need help for fx sections. How can I assign different multiple effects on fx1 & fx2 sections with 3 buttons respectively? At the moment I can only assign & trigger 1 effect. For example I want to trigger FX1 section (button 1- Reverb, button 2 - Echo & button 3 - Phaser). FX2 section (button 1- Video Transition, button 2 - Video Effect, button 3 - Milkdrop). Gratitude for help.

geposted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 1:07 pm

geposted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 9:19 pm

I just bought a pioneer ddj sx2 and it arrives with me on Tuesday next week. Can virtual dj 7 be used with it atall? I do use serato for recording my trance sessions.however I like virtual djs ability to analyse you're whole harddrive and be able to pick any track out where with serato you have to make crates.i do a few party's and weddings sometimes and if someone asks for a tracks I can just find it easily.can someone let me know if virtual 7 or higher not vdj 8 tho.can be used with ddj sx2 thanks.i got 2 weeks before my next gig.

geposted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 6:37 am
As per the other thread you asked in version 7 is not supported

geposted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 8:30 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Bug in the DDJ-SX2 mapper?

Turn on KEY LOCK - the button is lighting.
Press SYNC button or move the pitch fader in the skin away from zero.
Press and hold the KEY LOCK button for more than 1 second to smoothly reset the Pitch - The button is flashing during resetting.
After slow pitch reset is light on this button off, although the key lock is still on.

How can I fix this?

(DDJ-SX2, VDJ 8 build 2126.911, WIN7)

geposted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 10:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Should be fixed in builds ending at xxxx.914 (or higher)
Launch VirtualDJ 8, leave it running idle for a couple of minutes and relaunch. Verify the updated build in the Config window.

geposted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 1:50 am
Hello, when i touch any Jog Wheel Outer or OnTop,
The Cue button automaticly enables itselfs.
I didn't got this on a previos version.
I'm using build: 2126.917
Hopefully someone has a Tip :)

geposted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 1:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
by Cue buttons i suppose you mean the Pre-listen buttons, correct ?
If that is the case, then you can disable this behavior by changing the setting autoHeadphones to No or on Load (Config->Options tab)

geposted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 12:22 am
Hi guys.. Is there a support for DVS on DDJ-SX2 yet?? I am using a mac pro and TT1200m3d

geposted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 11:31 am
MrviperXControlleristMember since 2014
Recently just got the DDJSX2 after using the Ergo If I buy the license for VDJ as I'm not liking the SDJ very much would I still need to use external speakers as I can't seem to get any volume working with speakers or headphones when everything is turned up ?

geposted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 8:14 am
That's the general idea with external hardware which has an onboard audio interface.

Rather than using the consumer grade audio in your computer, you use the audio from the kit you paid good money for, and plug speakers into that. :-)

geposted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 8:55 am
However, if you purchase a PLUS license for your controller then yes you will be able to assign your computer's speakers as the master output of the sound if you need to (e.g. for practice at home)

geposted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 11:43 am
Have any of the updates addressed the gain knobs? I'm still having issues with them, and wonder if I just need to reset something.

geposted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 1:50 pm
No, they're not that accurate and quite jerky.

I don't really like the way they are but until Atomix get a demo unit (if one is still coming of course) I doubt anything will be fixed.

They work far better in Serato but the rest of the software is crap!

geposted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 3:26 pm
Agreed. I gave Serato a chance, but I dislike so many things about it. Hopefully Pioneer will hand over a demo unit soon.

geposted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:53 pm
I was going to order the ddj sx2 just after Christmas as wanted to upgrade my ddj sx. But after reading the forum and this post decided not too. As don't see the advantage at the moment with vdj. Thanks for the updates and information regarding the ddj sx2.

geposted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 4:48 am
There isn't that much difference between the two units. VDJ doesn't do anything with the flip buttons, so really the only advantage is the (apparently) better sound card.

The colour pads are nice, but the VDJ implementation at present is really basic. You can of course program the pads yourself but it's not that easy. I have done some work on them to change colours and add blinking which is an improvement.

geposted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 12:16 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
The colour pads are nice, but the VDJ implementation at present is really basic. You can of course program the pads yourself but it's not that easy. I have done some work on them to change colours and add blinking which is an improvement.

Wait, hold up... There is no way to control the pad colours short of going into the code? Is this the case on the SZ as well or has it been addressed on that side with the native support? What is the basic support included? Just curious as the SX2 will most likely be my next controller once they get some of these glitches sorted out and get an official map released.

geposted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 9:47 pm
The current mapper was put together at a trade show so as I said above, the implementation is really basic. On or off and pretty much single colours. If you spend a bit of time mapping you can add multiple colours and anything else scripting will allow.

The colour pads are a bit of a gimmick and it's up to everyone how they want them to function.

The unit came out in September and no word of an official mapper yet, so to me it looks like it isn't going to happen now. Bob has helped me create something I'm happy with but it is heavily modified from the default mapping.

Keith

geposted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 2:05 am
I think your right. If they haven't sent a unit now, then why would they.
Shame as the sx was in my opinion one of the best controllers for vdj and worked very well with it. Seems ludicrous that the sx2 is not mapped fully.
Would it be possible for you to upload your custom mapper for people to download?

geposted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 2:17 am
35%