Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: #SilverSleek2 - Page: 13

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Either one is fine for me......

geposted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 12:34 pm
groovindj wrote :
I think your best option is to provide both.

If you only pick one, someone will complain that they want the other!

I thought that, but I try to keep options on a minimum basis since this is a skin with A LOT options!
(Does it make any sense ? :P )

geposted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 12:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Makes perfect sense, how will it align, will it be in phase with set_firstbeat?

geposted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 1:03 pm
Currently no... I don't have the time to do the maths to take this into account! :P

geposted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 1:55 pm
If that's the case I'd be unsure to use it, It'll be perfect for straight beatgrids like tech house but annoying for tunes with odd breaks.
'tis a good idea though.
I've been using hotcues to simulate this type of thing for a couple of years now.

geposted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 12:09 am
It's meant to be a measure aid, not an actual grid marker. The idea is that it divides the background evenly in spaces of 32 or 64 beats. This can help you see the measurements of your track better, even if they are not exactly in place.

Taking into account the first beat in theory is good. In practice though it becomes too complex if not impossible for a skin to compensate.

BTW: The code that places these dividers there is 50 lines, 25000 chars FULLY optimized... So it's not the easiest thing to add another parameter in there :)

geposted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 4:07 am
only 25K?, :p

Then why not actually use hotcues, 1001 to whatever, a repeat_start script constantly querying load pulse when it goes false set cues @ 0, 32 etc, and you'll be bang on, then also a remove cues button.

geposted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 11:40 am
I like A. Also I can a problem with the jogwheel not showing the album art work.

geposted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 1:25 pm
locodog wrote :
only 25K?, :p

Then why not actually use hotcues, 1001 to whatever, a repeat_start script constantly querying load pulse when it goes false set cues @ 0, 32 etc, and you'll be bang on, then also a remove cues button.

Because a skin should NOT modify any data related to your files. It should work transparent to the user. :)

geposted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 6:10 am
I'll wait and see how you've done it.

geposted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 8:16 am
kurtpaPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi, I just tried the Silversleek2 skin and I'm liking it. I was playing around a little bit with the options and so on. Really great!
Though I found something strange and I'm not sure what the reason is but as soon as I touch a shift button on my DDJ-SX, the pads text is changed and I'm not getting back to the original form as I would press for example the hot cue button (without shift) on my controller. I added some printscreens to make it clear. Can this be fixed in some way? Thanks.

geposted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 4:43 pm
Most likely there's an issue on your controller's mapper, not the skin.
The skin is designed to change text and graphics when SHIFT is pressed so that you know what shifted operations of your controller are.
When you release shift button the texts should return to normal
If that's not the case then programatically you still have "SHIFT" enabled.

So, open VirtualDj config, click on mappers icon on the left, select your SX on the top and search for the "SHIFT" button
The code of the SHIFT button on your controller should be:

set '$shift' while_pressed & set 'shift' while_pressed

If that's not the code, then copy / paste the one from above and everything should work as it should :)

geposted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 1:10 am
Just checkin in an seeing how's the remote skin coming along 😜

Bob has hooked me up with a decent skin but I'm curious as to what you have in store for us 👍

geposted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 9:39 am
Remote skin will take some time to come as my free time is limited right now.
However I will have to say that the remote skin for #SilverSleek will be a "companion" / "side-controller" oriented skin and not a "Full" one...

Expect to see pads, FX and sample control, etc but not a "main" view with jogs, etc.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 9:52 am
That's fine by me 👍 and Thanks for the time 🙏

geposted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 11:01 am
kurtpaPRO InfinityMember since 2012
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Most likely there's an issue on your controller's mapper, not the skin.
The skin is designed to change text and graphics when SHIFT is pressed so that you know what shifted operations of your controller are.
When you release shift button the texts should return to normal
If that's not the case then programatically you still have "SHIFT" enabled.

So, open VirtualDj config, click on mappers icon on the left, select your SX on the top and search for the "SHIFT" button
The code of the SHIFT button on your controller should be:

set '$shift' while_pressed & set 'shift' while_pressed

If that's not the code, then copy / paste the one from above and everything should work as it should :)

Indeed a problem with my mapper code. Fixed now. Thanks!

geposted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 11:10 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
George,

When do you think the next version will be available with the next version of the center audio panels and the effect drop down issues fixed?

geposted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 9:55 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Anything new on this yet?

geposted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 11:09 am
I'll be back home in 2 days so I thought I'd see if anything new is coming, preferably and iPad/Tablet companion skin 😜

geposted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 8:00 am
i want my name to be written on it so i can download it

geposted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 9:56 pm
50%