Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Whats the future of Virtual Dj - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
bigron1 wrote :
"Sometimes I feel like they don't think as a DJ"
Their not DJ's, their top of the range programmers/developers.

I definitely am a working DJ!

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 3:13 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
If I remember right Adion may be the main genius behind vdj8?
He does not sound like a dj, by the way a genius is fine by me.
I'm only just learning about you all.
I'm aware that you know what your doing when it comes to dj'ing, I've borrowed some of your methods.

The black screen in VDJ 8 does seem like a backward step. I did like the positive confirmation that my laptop was connected to the monitor.
However I manage fine with either VDJ 7 or 8.

More effort on effects is always wise.

You have a clean page in VDJ 8, and I'm sure you will all keep on improving your product.
The customer is always right (if it doesn't create too much chaos) !

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 7:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I may not be a professional dj, but I do enjoy it at home, and I do play at parties or in clubs now and then.

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 8:34 am
Hello Adion, glad to see people like sbdj and yourself speaking with us. I know the company has a policy of not giving info on whats to come and when; but why is that? I think you have a lot of users with great ideas, but it seems we are shunned, then to turn around and see 's' or 't' softwares adapt them with much success. We are your greatest asset and think tank. Wish you would open up with us a little or open the research part with us to get a feel and understanding from the djs in the trenches. And it does seem that there not to many djs around you, and that only because certain way the software handle thing doesn't seem like a dj thought it out, programmers yes, but djs no. Now thats not taking away from the love we have for this software, because its brilliant. Just needs a little rethinking...but thats just me and i only speak for me.

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 8:43 am
To be honest the DJ world has changed so much.. This includes karaoke . I have seen so many people using hacked version of this program. It makes me mad.. To see people call them self a DJ and then have click skills.. " mouse play" , I have seen the wage drop and skill change. I love this program. I have filled the boredom of djing by adding effects and video. I took the original idea and with this program made djing back into the show it was. I really like all the effects and poi and videos. The videos of how to use the features allowed me to play live sets so well that people thought they were recorded. Where is virtual DJ going it's going into every computer I ever own. I am excited about the new stuff and features. The only thing we need is a place on this forum run by people who do the new Addon. I want to know what is fixed and what new thing do and a place where I can learn anything everything and stuff that is freaking magical. Everyone can learn anything but it's in the programming and creation of new ideas and ideals that make this as functional and as spectacular. Thanks to the dev team and everyone who is coming up with ideas and putting it into practice .

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 9:09 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
I know the company has a policy of not giving info on whats to come and when; but why is that?

Because that's our policy. It's not something we have to explain :)

Djratedxxx919 wrote :
I think you have a lot of users with great ideas, but it seems we are shunned, then to turn around and see 's' or 't' softwares adapt them with much success.

Shunned is entirely the wrong word. Sure, a lot of users have great ideas, and a lot make it into the software. However not everything suggested is easily do-able - some of them would require major changes, and major changes take time. We take all suggestions we see on board and often discuss them internally.

Djratedxxx919 wrote :
We are your greatest asset and think tank. Wish you would open up with us a little or open the research part with us to get a feel and understanding from the djs in the trenches.

Thats one of the purposes of a general discussion forum. Almost every other aspect of the software has it's own (underused) subsection - there is absolutely nothing stopping people from discussing what the 'djs in the trenches' are feeling right here. It will be seen, of that I can assure you.

Djratedxxx919 wrote :
And it does seem that there not to many djs around you, and that only because certain way the software handle thing doesn't seem like a dj thought it out, programmers yes, but djs no. Now thats not taking away from the love we have for this software, because its brilliant. Just needs a little rethinking...but thats just me and i only speak for me.

I don't get you think you can think like a programmer, but a programmer can't think like a DJ - even if that programmer is a DJ. I've read your comments in the past and your biggest beef usually seemed to be wanting beatgrid editing in-place rather than as a seperate editor. Personally any editing I have to do whilst performing is done using the cbg adjusting commands. More complex grid editing I do offline and am actually glad of a nice large zoomable editor window to do it in. It's all down to your workflow and to dismiss it as 'not being how a DJ would do it' is actually quite dismissive of how other people may work. I'd wager most of our users don't even bother to adjust the grid at all.

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 9:28 am
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
The only thing we need is a place on this forum run by people who do the new Addon. I want to know what is fixed and what new thing do and a place where I can learn anything everything and stuff that is freaking magical.

Each plugin has it's very own thread which the plugin author can update with release information, as well as users being able to post on those threads. There is also an entire section dedicated to plugins further down the page.

If you go to any v8 addon and click comments you will get access to the thread, for example:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/191713/addons/Sweep_Auto.html

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 9:31 am
And why is that hidden?? The add on forum?? Why not put it out in the open with the other threads and just level so NLU's can't rip it up.

This website is still not working right on iPhones or iPads and yes it's been brought up but no one seems to care.......

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 10:38 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
beatbreaker1 wrote :
And why is that hidden?? The add on forum??

I'm with you. That part of the forum is really hard to reach.

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 12:16 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I'd wager most of our users don't even bother to adjust the grid at all.

Your right Im one of them cause it always needs adjusting, i have giving up on using it period, so i went and bought a mixer to handle all my effects and give me my post fader echoes(1 example of a dj would have done different). So im good on that. Like to say i bought a rane 62 and never installed the "s" software, so its not a lack of love, its just small quirks. And yes i feel from the smallest to the biggest task should be able to be done on the fly for those unseen moments where its necessary, as DJs theres a lot of unforeseen situations.

Well maybe im the only one running into unseen situations, but i doubt it. but i have a question why is the down beat marker always wanna place itself in the middle of the down beat and not at the beginning...right now it more of a 1:1:2 instead of 1:1:1

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 4:07 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Why not put it out in the open with the other threads and just level so NLU's can't rip it up.

I suggested the same thing back in March. For instance, having it viewable as a main forum area would mean new posts would be visible.

Clicking the above link and negotiating back, I see SBDJ has posted two new plugins. If I hadn't navigated there, I wouldn't have known.

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 4:25 pm
The whole concept of how this website works needs revised. It's like something from the 70s.

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 5:23 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
kradcliffe wrote :
It's like something from the 70s.

God the internet sucked back then!

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 5:25 pm
Ha ha, got my 7s and 9s mixed up!

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 5:43 pm
Dial up bulletin boards of the 80s, ha!, been there done that................... screech!!!

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 9:17 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Keith, I think you're all 6s and 7s anyway.... ;-)

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 11:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)