Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ Remote v.8 - for iOS and Android - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Happy Happy Happy, picked up a wireless router for the rig. Put it online to set it all up then unplugged the internet connection to it and can now use my own lil network between my gig machine and Note 4 (Phone) with no access to the internet and no one else on the line.. I can't wait to get a bigger tablet to get full use out of the app. LOVE IT!! Great job team.

geposted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 5:30 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
An official video of the product in action would be helpful.

geposted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 1:33 am
My HTC One has a very responsive "back" touchscreen "button". Even hovering above can trigger my "back button"...
So when I'm near the "CUE" button on the VDJ remote app, my back button can activate instead and the VDJ app closes immediately. Maybe just like some other apps a double tap on the back button to close the remote app ?

geposted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 7:05 am
That's something your phone hardware controls, not the app itself

geposted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 9:42 am
kradcliffe wrote :
That's something your phone hardware controls, not the app itself

No it's not :)
My surveillance camera app and a bike race game have both these double tap option to close the app.

geposted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 11:42 am
I to doubt this has anything to do with the Remote app, can't you just rotate the tablet so the back button is on top up by the wave??

geposted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 12:09 pm
Gotta say I really, really like this app!! So much can be done with this thing, is badass!!

Again Thanks!! 🙏

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 7:50 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I to doubt this has anything to do with the Remote app, can't you just rotate the tablet so the back button is on top up by the wave??

I too think it's controlled by the apps.
Some of my apps do have this option, and some don't.

First press a message appears: "Press again to exit".
Second press exits the app.

Or just implement a messagebox like in VDJ with a yes-no-option.

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 8:56 am
scratcher_81 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
scratcher_81 wrote :
I hope that soon we will be able to use the remote using usb to lighting cable to avoid wireless latency kind of like serato remote.
This will be a huge step forward

But then it's not really a remote, is it? Then it's more like a controller. And there are tons of those already available for just about any purpose you can imagine...
Serato had the problem that they didn't have those kind of controllers available (still don't support many), so I guess they had to make their remote be not a remote...

Your're right but why not have both... we could do better latency with wired connection for sampling and beat juggling.
Plus i prefer not carry with me a router wherever i go and ad hoc network is not that reliable
Edit... I just tried it but it's still too buggy. Cause multiple VDJ crach.
Also if you can add and remove songs and view the automix list that would be great
+1

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 12:58 pm
view and edit option in the automix please

Carlos

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 1:16 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I know the day will come that even pre-listening is going to be a feature on this app.

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 5:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just to reply to a comment above - you can use this app over USB with Android as long as the Android device supports USB tethering (yes, you can use Bluetooth too but I wouldn't recommend it!).

Mac users will need to install a driver (guide here) in order for the Mac to see the network device.

It should work for iOS too, but I don't have any iOS devices to test. I believe they support USB tether though....

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 6:27 pm
This is really working nicely my hat is off to the dev team.

Would it be possible to have 2 more options? Add to playlist, and view playlist? that would make it perfect for me! If you can already do this then please someone tell me how.
Rusty

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 6:41 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Just to reply to a comment above - you can use this app over USB with Android as long as the Android device supports USB tethering (yes, you can use Bluetooth too but I wouldn't recommend it!).

Mac users will need to install a driver (guide here) in order for the Mac to see the network device.

It should work for iOS too, but I don't have any iOS devices to test. I believe they support USB tether though....

About that, last night I had my mixer plugged in (DJM 850) and I was playing. I then plugged in my iPad and VDJ said I lost my mixer.

I had to power off my mixer and restart VDJ. But after I restarted everything it was smooth sailing 👌

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 9:11 pm
Google traduction French
Hello how is it possible to recover the original skin on my smartphone to make changes. thank you

geposted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 5:08 am
Not sure where to ask this so I'm gonna ask here,

How many iPads or Tablets can be used at once??

I'm only asking because last night I had both my iPad and Android tablet connected at the same time and didn't run into any problems. On one I had the library view and the other was showing the deck controls.

geposted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 7:15 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
.....On one I had the library view and the other was showing the deck controls.

Interesting...

geposted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 8:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As long as your network and pc can keep up there's no hard limit.

geposted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 8:22 am
Badass!!

So I'm thinking along the lines of ToneTable, having a deck on each iPad or Tablet..........

Thanks for the info!!

geposted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 8:24 am
Adion wrote :
As long as your network and pc can keep up there's no hard limit.

Maybe my idea (in another topic) is still possible on a easy way! :)
Now waiting for better remote skins and 4-decks..

geposted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 9:12 am
28%