Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 Mixer - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

The play/pause are on your cdjs/turntables and the cues are the pads.

geposted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 7:20 pm
OK, so it's not a controller as such just a mixer to add those features to CDJ or TT.

Got it, thanks Huey!

geposted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 7:36 pm
Yup kinda like DJM T1 except that did have the play/pause buttons.

I'm gonna sell my DJM 850 and cop this!!

geposted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 9:00 pm
D2thaCPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Does anyone know if the pads are gonna be separate for each turntable/cdj or when you say go to slicer if it's gonna be set for both tables at the same time. On the controllers they are separated for each side, just wondering as i was looking at the picture

geposted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 5:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
From what i ve seen in the videos, both sides switch to the selected mode, so you cant have Hotcues on left and Slicer on the right.
But until we manage to get a unit in our hands and see how it works, we cant be sure.

Btw, about official support of this mixer.
You all know that the Team is capable to support ANY unit, since our software is providing us all the tools we need. The only thing that delays us from supporting a unit is to get a unit in our hands or find a user who owns it who is willing to cooperate via Remote sessions of Teamviewer and finalize the files.
Not sure which one of the 2 will happen first, but it will happen sooner or later.
So if anyone is interested in buying an S9, be sure that he will have support soon.

geposted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 5:23 am
D2thaCPRO InfinityMember since 2010
By all means I would love to be a part of that team. I will have the mixer and I am available for the Team Viewer sessions. So please do not hesitate to ask, I am all for it.

geposted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 4:48 pm
What would your prefer, Rane 64 or Pio S9?

geposted Tue 01 Sep 15 @ 10:16 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :

Without actually physically seeing/using either of the two, I'd choose the S9. I personally would rather have the newer technology the Pioneer is bringing. The mixer looks great overall. I like the larger pads. And you mean to tell me minus 2 channels then the 64, that I can have all that the S9 is brining to the table for $500 less the the Rane?! Ok, Pioneer, I'm all in. Great addition to my DJM 900. And no I'm not a "fan boy". I just buy what makes sense I'm my tiny world.

geposted Tue 01 Sep 15 @ 11:21 pm
Jeff,

I notice your from Japan, are you a Pioneer employee lol.

geposted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 8:06 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
Jeff,

I notice your from Japan, are you a Pioneer employee lol.

Hahaha no man. Haven't even seen the place lolol

geposted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 8:30 am
Charlie Wilson wrote :

At the moment I'm gonna say the S9. I really don't like the buttons on the 64. I also think it's depends what software I'm using to.

geposted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 12:53 pm
I'm going to agree with you I think, prob get one.

Picking up a mk5 tomorrow that will make 2 for my new studio.

geposted Sat 05 Sep 15 @ 9:18 pm
Ordered one of these at BPM on pre release

geposted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 7:48 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
Ordered one of these at BPM on pre release

Nice!!

geposted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 9:50 pm
Im getting this, so i will never bug Atomix for postfader FX.

geposted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 10:57 pm
Will the pioneer have the sound quality of the Rane though?? Even though the 62 and 64 have possible the worst quality offered by Rane so far they still sound better than any pioneer before it (according to a few sources both dj's and sound store employees and personal preference), I got TTM57 Mk2 which sound absolutely immaculate.. Pioneer would have to do a lot of work to push it past this. Just sayin.. The S9 looks cool i'll give that, nice workflow :-)

geposted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 7:09 am
prestoe_one wrote :
Will the pioneer have the sound quality of the Rane though?? Even though the 62 and 64 have possible the worst quality offered by Rane so far they still sound better than any pioneer before it (according to a few sources both dj's and sound store employees and personal preference), I got TTM57 Mk2 which sound absolutely immaculate.. Pioneer would have to do a lot of work to push it past this. Just sayin.. The S9 looks cool i'll give that, nice workflow :-)

I would at least think do. Why would they introduce a new "shake up the industry" with mediocre sound. I'm willing to bet they got the sound to match/surpass anything presently available.

geposted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 7:14 am
jeffrey tedder wrote :
prestoe_one wrote :

I would at least think do. Why would they introduce a new "shake up the industry" with mediocre sound. I'm willing to bet they got the sound to match/surpass anything presently available.

I get that its their intention to have a great product.. so why have they never matched Rane in this department before? They are finally catching up with fader quality. I'm not putting down pioneer, they are awesome, just saying that Rane sound is much better. If you'r performing live probably not a big deal but if your recording mixtapes like myself you need the best quality as it will be scrutinized over and over again.

I wasn't saying the sound was mediocre, just not as crystal as Rane.. As for 'Shake up the Industry'.. thats just sales talk mate.. the only shake up here is the modified workflow.

geposted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 9:52 am
prestoe_one wrote :
jeffrey tedder wrote :
prestoe_one wrote :

I get that its their intention to have a great product.. so why have they never matched Rane in this department before? They are finally catching up with fader quality. I'm not putting down pioneer, they are awesome, just saying that Rane sound is much better. If you'r performing live probably not a big deal but if your recording mixtapes like myself you need the best quality as it will be scrutinized over and over again.

I wasn't saying the sound was mediocre, just not as crystal as Rane.. As for 'Shake up the Industry'.. thats just sales talk mate.. the only shake up here is the modified workflow.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm pretty sure there will be more Pioneer vs. Rane Youtube comparisons lol It'll be interesting for sure. But hey, Pioneer did say that the audio circuitry was similar as their DJM-2000 mixer...

geposted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 11:29 am
Yeah theres nothing really revolutionary about the mixer, its just a good mixer and cheaper than the Rane.

I do love Rane I think they make some great fun products!

geposted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 10:37 pm
34%