Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: vdjscript in size="" & what tools for skinning for VDJ8

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi!
I'd like to ask if it's possible to have vdjscript inside the size=" attribute (or any else attribute except like action and visibility)
since i'm a huge fan of vdjscript (3000 lines contoller mapping \o/).

I know that for some attribute (i think format) you can use these `` to input some vdjscript but it doesn't work for me on other attributes.

My second and more general question would be since theres is no Skin Creator for V8 so far
what tools do you use to make the skin development easier?
I mostly use Notepad++ and Photoshop CC 2015 for my work as they are my default tools for scripting and image editing,
but the "coordinate system where you have to point the xml to the position of the graphic inside the png is really laborious.

As always all help and tipps are appreciated!

Best Regards,
Daniel =)

Note: I'm completely new to skin creation!

geposted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 4:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Answer to your 1st Q : No, its not possible. The height="", width="" x="" and y="" can't take any vdjscript actions. All they can take is numbers and some basic maths e.g. x="30+10" or width="3*5+20/2"

As for the Tools, Notepad++ is what i use too and highly recommended.
For graphics i use Corel, which provides an easy way to get the x,y,width and height of each element, probably Photoshop can do the same, but since i dont use it, i cant help u further on this.

geposted Fri 25 Sep 15 @ 6:14 pm
For Mac-User:
Sketch / Pixelmator for the gfx,
Xmplify for edit the code.

Greets
Music234

geposted Sat 26 Sep 15 @ 9:53 am

geposted Sun 27 Sep 15 @ 11:43 am
@all Thanks to your responses!

@djdad How does the Corel coordinate system work? I can't imagine what it would be or look like =o

@music234 Thanks, but i'm running Windows =)
But still useful for OSX users finding this thread.

@djnice What makes that tool better to use than NP++?
I can't really figure out the pros of the software in relation to NP++.

Regards,
Daniel

geposted Sun 27 Sep 15 @ 5:00 pm

Take a look on upper right portion of screen.
"Info" panel is what you need if you don't have it visible. Just select the area you want and move the cursor on the upper left pixel of your selection box ;)

geposted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 6:44 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Take a look on upper right portion of screen.
"Info" panel is what you need if you don't have it visible. Just select the area you want and move the cursor on the upper left pixel of your selection box ;)

Thanks for the tipp but i knew that already, since i'm a Graphics-Designer i'm somewhat familiar with Photoshop ;)

I was also pretty sure that if there was a "coordinate-mapping" feature/support in PS i would know.

What i imagined was a kind of look-up sheet that where you can enter coordinates and sizes of boxes which would be visible inside the project
so you could just copy the data into an editor without having to remeasure again and again.

Ofcourse this is a real 'overcomfortably'-wish (right word?) and it works well just using guides and looking up the coords myself.

Still thanks for the information!

Best Regards,
Daniel

geposted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 4:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)