Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dennon DJ MCX8000 x Virtual DJ - Page: 10

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
everything works better with serato closed. i admit it works well. but if im staring at a screen for hours. and it looks like cga graphics circa 1991. i just cant deal. im trying to convert my friends. we need more skins though.

geposted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 7:08 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Unable to provide or unwilling to provide?

For a software that has supposedly millions of active users it seems the relationship between hardware manufacturers and Atomix isn't ideal at all.

I remember buying my MC6000 in December 2010 and it was supported out of the box and worked a treat. It all seems to have gone majorly downhill since then with controllers taking months to be supported if at all.

best controller ever made. i use it on my pc to mess around with other stuff. and its a great sounding unit. just too small to get that dj feel. denon products sounds better than any NI s4s, or pios out there

geposted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 7:21 am
Country Boy wrote :
Anyone else having the problem on the MCX screens with the waveform and time jumping to the start for a moment then going to where it's supposed to when touching the platter? Very happy to see the screens finally working with Virtual DJ.

invest in running your c drive with an ssd. the samsung evos 850 are cheap. and can run in "bust mode. it makes a difference. but please back your files up on good metal usb sticks. or a proper spinner drive.

geposted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 7:23 am
I cannot seem to set up the sound cards.. Failing to initialize.. Any help please?

geposted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 12:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
- Re-install drivers and restart your computer (if you are on Windows)
- Make sure the sound card of the Denon MCX8000 is not the default sound card of Windows (for both Playback and recording devices)
- Try a different USB port.. In my tests, it seems that MCX8000 kinda likes USB 3.0 ports

geposted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:19 pm

geposted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 3:13 pm
Country Boy wrote :
Anyone else having the problem on the MCX screens with the waveform and time jumping to the start for a moment then going to where it's supposed to when touching the platter? Very happy to see the screens finally working with Virtual DJ.

strangely the mcx8000 didnt like running on my laptops nvidia card. so i let it use the intel 530 hd graphics. which is plenty just for VDJ. try that and set fps in settings to 60

geposted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 4:23 pm
I've been testing it out today and the wave forms seem even more colorful than serato.

Speaking of color, How do you tell if a song has already been played? With serato and engine the track title turned light blue. Track colors do not change color after they have been played on vdj.

I need this functionality if I am to close my laptop and use the screens exclusively.

DJ James

geposted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 6:47 pm
Installed it in both Mac and Windows 10. The screens work fine in both but sometimes I do need to reboot the computer because when I open VDJ the screens or the platter LED wont work. But once you get it running it stays fine. I did a complete gig with no problems. The only thing I encountered is that the cue point son the LED's on the pads dont light up (when a track does have cue points) previously when I was using the add on they did work.
Has anybody encountered the same issue with lights on the pads?

geposted Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 3:47 pm
Most likely the Hotcues page is not selected from the skin, or you are using a skin without Pads integration.
Keep in mind that the Pad modes on the MCX8000 are Hardware, meaning that if you change a mode from the unit, it will change the Pads page on the skin, but not vice versa, so if you e.g. change the Pads to Slicer from the skin , the unit will still indicate the selection you have made last on the Hardware.
So, first, try with the default skin, make sure the Hotcues page is selected and if not, then try to select a different mode on th e unit and back to the Hotcues page.

BTW i had similar detection issues on Windows 10. My tests showed that you need to install drivers then restart computer and always plug the unit to the same USB port you installed the drivers.

geposted Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 6:44 pm
Ok i think i know why not working for a few users
Please remove any mcx8000 files from the virtualdj/devices folder and /mappers folder and restart VirtualDJ

geposted Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 11:27 pm
tdaegaPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Great to have this update!

Does anyone know if the Zoom in/out feature works on the mcx8000 screens? Not working for me at least.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 6:10 am
tdaega wrote :
Great to have this update!

Does anyone know if the Zoom in/out feature works on the mcx8000 screens? Not working for me at least.

Nope, they dont work.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 7:52 am
Zoom In/Out waveform is currently not supported. Will be added in some future release.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 4:04 pm
tdaegaPRO InfinityMember since 2016
djdad wrote :
Zoom In/Out waveform is currently not supported. Will be added in some future release.

Thank you! Looking forward to that. Enjoying having the screens operational nonetheless!

geposted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 6:26 am
Country Boy wrote :

yes me too. or the waveform on the screen wont start at all unless i move the the jogweel around a bit

geposted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 10:55 am
MCX8000 gone up £100 in a few shops now, sure the others will follow..

geposted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 1:45 pm
hh73 wrote :
Country Boy wrote :

yes me too. or the waveform on the screen wont start at all unless i move the the jogweel around a bit

You missed his next post right below the one you quoted

Country Boy wrote :
I figured it out. Operator error. Didn't realize I still had Serato open. Works perfect with Serato closed. LOL

So either you had Serato running at the same time or you are not on the latest available build

geposted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 5:41 pm
i dont use serato on that machine. and im always on the latest build. it might be a firmware thing.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 11:48 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
You must be on the latest firmware, which is 1.4.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 1:20 pm
98%