Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: What would be the code for get arm and get position working together? - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

You are very correct! I am feeling guilty. I have had so much enjoyment with this VDJ 8.1 fixing up the older Skins, a lot of hours of Brain teasing work. Everytime I ask for help I do feel guilty as the Staff goes way beyond my expectations. What you said is true. No offense taken by me. I do want to make some of my own Old School Turntable Skins. I have access to the real equipment to take my own Photos. I did not know that I could get any funds for them because all the ones that I have seen or gotten have been free. So you are telling me that they can be worth something? I am very interested to know more? I have seen some Skins on eBay for sale but they looked like the ones that I already have, Looks as if they are selling someone else's property. Good point taken, It would be very good to earn some extra cash.
I would like to talk with you more. you can PM me at this site.
Thank You for your post.
Jon J.

geposted Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 11:02 pm
false, i did a skin to help me to buy this year a licence infinity, after all these years, i know it was long, but now you earn nothing, sbdj said me that and did remember me it's not the politic of vdj!
Have you try try to see the skin "Oldschool by Zanard" to take exemple to get the position?

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 5:59 pm
Helle jimf28 Thank You for your reply Yes the Zanard Old School is awesome! That is where I got the idea from. I got Zanard"s Skin to have the Tone Arm at rest and then move over to the record and simulate the Vinyl playing as he had already done.

I just got got the Tone Arm rest working. It looks very good. I have also added it to Zanard's & Kymillionare Skins. As they know that it was done for my privates use only, I had permission from them to do whatever, and they are welcome to have what I fixed returned to them.

That is what I had thought that there is no profits to be made, as the skins are free for the users anyway. yes you need a Pro Licence to get the Pro skins.
The more that I had thought about it, I should not really feel guilty at all about not being able to buy the Pro License right now as I do not use the VDJ Professionally.
I do not do paid Parties. Just home use for making Skins & that does help out the community for New Features and Wishes anyway.
I do not even take the time to play any Music from it, as I am always working on the Skins. I am retired and do not have the extra funds at the moment.

For some reason other users want to kinda of scold me for not having the Pro. But I am not going to worry about it anymore. When and if I need to do Private parties and I am able to to so, then I will purchase the Pro, so I can use my Pioneer Wego Controllers. First I would need to spend about $10,000 for a complete Entertainment system with all of the Lighting, Speakers, Amps and more. I did have a system with 2,000 Watts of RMS Sound quality back in the late 80s worth $12,000, Expensive but a Cash maker it was, and I dearly miss the fun that I had experienced.
So to all of you DJs and Music Playing Fanatics live in the now, as time goes by so fast, take the time to have Gratitude for what you are doing and experiencing.
Thank You to all of the Automix Staff for your continued support.
TJTHE DJ
Jon J,

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 7:05 pm
Is it possible to get one more final code that would work for the Tone Arm? I would like to be able to just load the song ready for play and the arm will go a sit on the Vinyl "Needle On The Record" waiting for me to click play. I can not seem to get it to move over from the rest area to the Platter when the song is in the Memory "loaded"

Example.
<slider chan="1" action="get arm" orientation="round" visibility="param_equal get_arm 1.0 ? off : on" query="not loaded">

<slider chan="1" action="get position" orientation="round" visibility="param_equal get_arm 1.0 ? on : off" query="loaded">

This command will not work for whatever reason.
Thanks
Jon J.

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 7:12 pm
jmf doesnt have a clue......... its all in the screen shot,

Nuff said.......

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 7:36 pm
SBDJ wrote :
We don't demand anybody do anything.

If you want to make a skin and share it with the community go right ahead.

If you want to monetize your skin, then you could also do that yourself (providing of course you haven't used any graphical elements from anyone elses work, including ours) on your own site.

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 7:42 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
jmf doesnt have a clue......... its all in the screen shot,

Nuff said.......

Straight from the VDJ website bro....... I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you because I've seen the deposits in my own PayPal account......

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 7:52 pm
That's from the VDJ 7 upload page. The VDJ 8 upload page doesn't mention the money aspect at all.

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 7:56 pm
Hey Friends lets not get a debate going on here, as this thread was originally for me to get the Tone Arm working. I have got it working now Thanks to djdad and phantomdeejay.

Arguing about if Cash can be made or not, is not what this thread is about. Take it somewhere else.

I have been nailed several times from other users, for not owning the Pro and it is none of there needs to worry about, if I do or I do not.
To Be Or Not To Be That Is The Question. LOL!

Cheers To All
Jon J.

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 8:06 pm
Well glad you got it working TJ, as for the money part I was just showing you there was a way to make money off skins and plugins.

And yes it was taken from the 7 download area Groovin but I don't see why it wouldn't still apply with 8?? After all a skin is a skin is a skin.

And nobody cares that you don't or wont buy the pro version, its you yourself who always brings it with saying things like "if I can get this to work ill buy it" plus a few other things so lets get that straight TJ.

So yes build a custom skin, upload it and see what happens, it can't hurt.

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 8:22 pm
Hello the SOUND INSURGENT I meant no disrespect at you. I do Thank You for your input. It would be good to be able to make some extra cash that I could save up for the Pro. Yes I have said in the past that I would buy it if it worked. Yes it does work very good. I thought that I was going to get back into doing Private Parties, but my Health went down, my lower back is causing me severe pain, and I can not do the Labor of transporting my Equipment. That is why I have sold my DJ System last year due to not being able to get the help that I needed for my Gigs. So for now I am being Lazy and just working on the Skins. I have taken some very high quality photos of some Old School Hardware and I am starting a new Skin. I am having a learning curve with the PNG Transparency files. I have gotten very good at the main XML needs to make all controls to function perfectly.
There were others that gave me a hard time, from me making promises I could not keep.
I needed to Walk my Talk, but fell down. Stupid lower back. LOL!
If you need any help with your Skins just drop me a PM here at this site and I would be more than happy to help you with whatever.
Jon J.

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 8:55 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
but I don't see why it wouldn't still apply with 8?? After all a skin is a skin is a skin.

It does NOT, maybe later... but not yet.

geposted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 10:53 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)