Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Noob question - keeping database up to date

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Apologies for the basic question, but after reading the userguide, and searching I can't find the answer.

So, after installing VDJ, and scanning my music folder for BPM, etc - I then add some new tracks. 'Recurse' reads the tags and adds them, but when I click analyse, it does the entire library again. How do I keep the library up to date without having to scan my entire database everytime?

geposted Sat 26 Nov 16 @ 5:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
use the my library plugin it has a filter for "not scanned" use that to analyse tracks.

oh welcome to the clan

geposted Sat 26 Nov 16 @ 5:51 pm
CueItUpPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Nevermind, re-read the question.

geposted Sat 26 Nov 16 @ 9:19 pm
or if you dont want to install the library plugin. just make a filter folder and call it files to be scanned & use filter isscanned=0 Displays all files in the database that have not been analyzed... its what i do....so every tyme i add new music i click on this folder & add to database all those added new files & then i analyze them

geposted Sun 27 Nov 16 @ 12:54 am
As mentioned above I would definately recommend you get the 'my library' plug in. I find it very useful.

geposted Sun 27 Nov 16 @ 1:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
toppadon wrote :
As mentioned above I would definately recommend you get the 'my library' plug in. I find it very useful.

Agreed I only use the database aspects but still find it invaluable.
It should be part of the install.

geposted Sun 27 Nov 16 @ 1:29 am
Thanks, got the MyLibrary plugin, and that does the job. I agree, I am surprised VDJ doesn't do this as standard.

geposted Sun 27 Nov 16 @ 11:46 am
Or you could have right clicked on the browser columns and select bpm and click on it and find which songs don't have a bpm yet select them and analyze them. that usually works too. That's how i do it.

geposted Sun 27 Nov 16 @ 4:05 pm
I use a filter folder set up to show unscanned files. Simply click on that, highlight all the resulting files then analyse.

If there are only a few, then just playing them will do the job.

geposted Sun 27 Nov 16 @ 5:33 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Tip:

You don't have to recurse your drives/ folders.
Just rightclick on the drive/ folder and select 'add to searchDB'.

Tip2:

Enable the option 'autoSearchDB'.
New tracks will then automatically be added to the search db if you browse to the folder.

geposted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 10:26 am
PachN wrote :
Tip2:Enable the option 'autoSearchDB'. New tracks will then automatically be added to the search db if you browse to the folder.

Agree, I do not ever recurse or add anything to search db, I rip my CD's on a different laptop (because dj laptop has no optical drive) I then just move them using external hard drive and drag and drop them into music folder, they are instantly in VDJ. I have to change folder then change back and they are there.

In terms of finding unscanned songs, I just sort by bpm and they are all at the bottom.

geposted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 10:43 am
This is what I do. I can do that on an existing folder that I added music to, and then search for * (asterisk) and sort by BPM. The tracks without BPMs will sort to bottom, either way. Easy to group select them and scan.

PachN wrote :
Tip:

You don't have to recurse your drives/ folders.
Just rightclick on the drive/ folder and select 'add to searchDB'.

Tip2:

Enable the option 'autoSearchDB'.
New tracks will then automatically be added to the search db if you browse to the folder.

geposted Fri 16 Dec 16 @ 3:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)