Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Coming: Denon SC5000 prime - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

What!!? Denon engine software is in my perspective a joke joke joke !!!
I can't understand why on earth they release such crap
I love the MCX8000 but I hate the Engine software just as much

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 12:18 pm
Agree, but I hoped that things would be better with a new engine.
That's why I post this.

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 12:22 pm
Posted by Paul Dakeyne (Denon) 5 days ago...

"You've no doubt seen our official statement a few months back - we'll be adding to that soon with more info (and I can assure you the wait will be worth it). Now the Product and Dev team have 'Prime' hardware units (and soon software) heading out the door as we speak, even more focused work can now take place on making the MCX8000/Engine workflow experience something even better over coming weeks. Please be patient, we haven't forgotten about our MCX8000 customers (as if we would!)"

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 12:32 pm
It just seems that Denon aren't very good at this sort of thing. Delays in both hardware and software don't resonate well with customers.

I had thought about getting the MCX8000 but the lack of feedback from the company regarding various issues tells it's own story. Engine should have been updated for the release of the controller, not several moths later if at all.

Although I prefer Denon products in general, it seems that Pioneer offer a smoother end customer experience.

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 12:45 pm
music234 wrote :
Agree, but I hoped that things would be better with a new engine.
That's why I post this.

Agree, they need to update this toy software. For comparison, people on this forum yells loud whenever there is a freeze within VDJ.
I would say I would go to Denon's forum and publish something, whenever I can start Engine without a freeze !!

The unit, MCX8000, is nice and luckily it can act as a media player directly from the USB memories, so I don't need to go into Engine and be frustrated.
I have not had any problem with the unit itself, neither in VDJ mode nor standby mode. The unit itself deserve respect, traditional build quality such as a tank, not plastic.

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 1:38 pm
I thought it was the VDJ team that made VDJ compatible with the MXC8000 and not Denon so any freezes could be said to be down to VDJ in Denons opinion.

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 2:07 pm
The freezing issue relates to the Denon standalone mode, not anything to do with VDJ.

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 2:12 pm
purchased mine day one it was released and not used it yet Looks pretty lol

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 2:14 pm
You could make some money on it, they have gone way up in price since day one.

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 2:16 pm
I will just highlight that I mean the Engine PC software which is bundled together with the MCX8000 , is crap.
NOT the MCX8000 'Engine' mode or standalone mode, call it whatever you like - This has been working perfect for me!

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 3:10 pm
Yea i saw that paid £898 also purchased case . I just not had the need to use it as I have Denon 6000 mk2.

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 3:10 pm
MrJackson2014 That's reassuring mate thank you. I do have to upgrade mine to latest software as I not done so since last year that is when I just took a quick look at it. I suppose when I see what it does I will get hooked.

I remember making a play a while ago for the new Denon 500 however lost the excitement and saved my money, pleased I did now.

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 3:13 pm
Seems Engine Prime doesn't support earlier than windows 8.1 or any 32 bit version. May be an issue for some.

geposted Mon 29 May 17 @ 6:33 pm
Having just watched the Engine Prime "feature presentation" video, I quite like the look & layout of it.

Might have to make myself a VDJ skin :-)

geposted Tue 30 May 17 @ 8:14 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Just noticed the specs on this unit. Frequency response only goes down to 22 Hz.
Where's the lower sub frequencies??
With all professional gear 20 Hz is a standard low end frequency, with many going down as low as 4 Hz. .It's incredible that this unit being Denon's flagship controller only covers a limited low (sub) end range.

geposted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 6:10 pm
Silly, you shouldn't bother about those frequencies, more than filter them out since they can not be heard anyway. Just waste power in your amps.

geposted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 7:24 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I respectfully disagree.
Frequencies lower than 20 HZ can be heard, felt and reproduced with the right subwoofer speakers and equipment. Granted, the frequencies below 20 HZ are not really coherent, but will reinforce the bass speakers when coupled properly..

geposted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 8:42 pm
Funny...
The lowest frequency I can find on any professional subwoofer (including touring series) is 28Hz
The most common low cut frequency for professional subwoofers (including touring series) is 30Hz
The most common low cut frequency on common club installations / mobile sound is 40Hz and in a few rare cases 35Hz
Finally, the CDDA (Red Book) has a frequency range from 20Hz to 22KHz.

So, unless you are a producer that produces his own music and write media files with frequencies lower than 20Hz, I'm very curious as to how you are going to hear frequencies lower than 20Hz

In a theoretical Hi End environment, perhaps you would be able to hear frequencies as low as 15Hz, but under that frequency the human ear is completely incapable to understand any noise.
In a theoretical Hi End environment, perhaps you would be able to feel the vibrations of such low frequencies... But the power required to produce enough energy for you to feel the vibration is outrageous.
In a club environment, such low frequencies are usually unwanted because they can produce coordination feedback problems.
Simply put, if a subwoofer (or any king of device) produces a 10Hz wave in the air with enough power for you to feel it inside a closed room, the energy that travels in the air can produce so much damage that on some rare cases the building itself can be in hazard!

PS: I'm not arguing about the difference in frequency range that some equipment can produce.
I'm arguing as where there's a practical need / usage for this difference.

Just for the facts, CDJ-2000NXS2 frequency range is 4Hz to 40KHz and SC500 prime is 22Hz - 22KHz

PS2: Touring sound for safety reasons never goes below 35Hz even if the speakers used can go lower than that...

geposted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 11:39 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also when comparing these specs make sure that both specs measure the same thing.
Unless specified, you can't really be sure if the specified frequency is the -0.5dB, -3dB or -10dB point for example.

Also, for the low end they may just have chosen 22 (or 4) since it looks nice.
Technically a DAC doesn't have much problems even to generate a DC signal, so unless they actively added a rumble filter as a feature to remove these frequencies, they will probably just play any frequency down to 0hz if you would feed it to them.

geposted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 12:40 pm
Unless they get Engine Prime sorted out, and quickly both the Prime Series and MCX8000 will be sunk. At least the MCX8000 is 100% perfect with VDJ but the standalone mode and Engine in it's current form is pretty much useless.

Great hardware ruined by poor software. Always been the Denon way. Lots of promises from Paul Dakeyne (in January) but still nothing.

Paying Tiesto a fortune to "change his rider" doesn't make the experience any better for the normal DJ.

geposted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 12:42 pm
78%