Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Soundspectrum visuallizations in VDJ 8.2 - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

MI19+1PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Additional Information about my Hardware.
It's a XMG U-706 (Clevio) with 64GB Ram, Intel core i7-6700k @4GHz and SSD in Raid 0.
Graphic Card Nvidia GTX-970m with 6GB.
Nvidia driver Ver. 378.92 (newer ones also tested with same result). This one is working best for me.
Windows 10 1703 with all updates.
I think the Hardware should have enough power to handle this.
Also tested different Connections and resolutions (HDMI, Display port, 1920, 2560). Doesn't change anything.

geposted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 8:01 am
MI19+1 wrote :
When playing Videos (without virtualisation) 60 fps is also working (also with videoResampleQuality --> High activated). Why not for visualisations?

It is not because they are running as visualisations. They would have the same problem no matter how they were run in VDJ. Milkdrop and Soundspectrum are spending too much time drawing themselves and more than likely doing all the drawing in the vdj draw call which ties things up. Does not have to be that way. VDJ effects are run in a cooperative environment. Milkdrop and SoundSpectrum were probably written as though they were the only video going on and cooperation was not that important. For VDJ they need to be more clever about how the drawing is done.

I have a similar machine as yours. I can run a great deal of things and maintain 60FPS. I test by running several high intensity video scenarios outside of VDJ. I can also have VDJ running with Milkdrop running. All the stuff going on outside of VDJ is maintaining 60 FPS but VDJ is being over worked in the draw loop by Milkdrop and the frame rate drops for VDJ. If you were running Soundspectrum outside of VDJ it would probably still not be achieving 60FPS and probably close to what you see when running it in VDJ.

geposted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 8:54 am
Ok understanding.
That means "passive" visualisations (like playing videos, title, Text, Slideshow etc.) are working well.
But "active" visualisations like milkdrop an soundspectrum should be improved to interact better with VirtualDJ.
Maybe the visualisation dev's could implement some improvements.

geposted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 9:37 am
Visualizations are really nothing but a VideoEffect for all intents. No matter what, if something is tying up the draw call in VDJ it will drop the framerate. So essentially Millkfrop and SoundSpectrum need to do most of work outside of the draw call and only draw an image in the VDJ draw call.

The other effects just don't do much so they don't tie things up. For TellyMedia, it can display video, camera, and slideshow at same time... All the decoding and most of the drawing for this is done outside of the VDJ draw call.

geposted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 9:43 am
@drew55: Is there a possibitity to see the real time fps of WhiteCap when running in standalone mode?

geposted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 9:48 am
Soundspectrum G-Force could archive the fps much better than WhiteCap at 60fps.

Now testet also Windows 8.1 (because of DirectX version). Clean install. Only NVidia driver, Virtual DJ, Milkdrop and soundspectrum installed. A little bit better. But also here fps could not be archieved. Also Skin sometimes not working smooth at 60 fps

At the Moment i think the only solution is to use 30fp till developers of visualisations did implement some improvements in theitr plugins.

geposted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 10:58 am
drew55Home user(dev lead from SoundSpectrum)Member since 2014
Drew wrote:

>> And, yes, our visuals would offer way more value of the VDJ vis API offered keyboard or mouse input events.

the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

> Isn't that up to you then?? I mean there's plenty of other video plugins that offer controls, why don't you add them??

Not in this case -- I'm referring to keyboard or mouse events (clicks). VDJ needs to extend the visual API so that click or keyboard events come though. Trying to map a UI that's meant for point and click though knobs doesn't work.

geposted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 1:37 am
drew55Home user(dev lead from SoundSpectrum)Member since 2014
Regarding this WhiteCap FPS issue, there are many possibilities and WhiteCap being slow isn't one of them. To see for yourself, run the standalone app and press SHIFT+D twice (for the live FPS display).

So I can repro the issue, how does one change the target frame rate in VDJ?

Last but not least, I've been trying to get two licenses cut for VDJ for testing for SoundSpectrum for some time but have only gotten static. Can someone here kindly put a word in to the right person to contact me on here or on skype (andyomeara) to get this handled? SoundSpectrum has been supporting VDJ and its users for some time now,

geposted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 2:00 am
Thank you for the Information about showing the real time fps.

I made a short test in standalone mode for the soundspectrum plugins.

WhiteCap could archive the 60 fps nearly constant at 60 fps.
But sometimes the values break down to 30 - 40 fps, but then go immediately again to 60 fps. I see no stuttering.
I would say WhiteCap is working 95% constantly at 60 fps in standalone mode.

Similar result for G-Force, but a little bit better.

I've expected that fps is constant at 60fps.
But in standalone mode you see no hanging or stuttering. Everything smooth.

Tested with NVidia GTX-970m, 2560x1440 @60Hz, Windows 10 1703 (Build 15063.608)

geposted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 8:51 am
@drew55
Changing the fps rate in VDL

Setttings --> Options --> (activate all Settings in drop down field at the top) --> Video --> videoFPS

You could also change the fps rate separately for the Skin. You find this also in the settings Dialog.

geposted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 9:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)