Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon MCX8000 possible to use WASAPI instead of ASIO? - Page: 5

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Thanks for the recordings.
So once you get this noise in any of the modes after startup, you can get it to stop by pressing Apply, and then it stays good for the rest of the session?
Also, when it happens, can you hover the mouse over the cpu bar in the skin and check the tooltip for the Audio cpu usage, and see if it is high?

geposted Mon 01 May 17 @ 8:33 am
Correct. Pressing 'apply' resume audio with good quality.
There is no difference in any of the CPU / Audio processing meters when issue appears.

If you listen carefully on the recordings done through WASAPI, you will still hear a frequent "glitch" in the sound, also possible to see by exploring the sinewave graphically.
It's even a difference between the sharded mode / excl mode recordings.
This is not able to note playing a normal songtrack though.

geposted Mon 01 May 17 @ 4:30 pm
I haven't checked the whole thread (too much noise from Ron!) but have you run a latency checking program on your computer?

Maybe there's something else on your system (hardware or software) which is causing issues with your sound.

Running the latency checking software can highlight anything naughty.

geposted Mon 01 May 17 @ 7:25 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
(too much noise from Ron!)

I don't find your stuck up comment much good.
I've learned much in this thread, if that applies to me, it could apply to others.
We don't need a rigid dogmatic approach, we need a free flow of ideas.
So many forums are strangled by the pompous.

Had any luck poaching people for your own forum?

geposted Mon 01 May 17 @ 7:53 pm
groovindj wrote :
I haven't checked the whole thread (too much noise from Ron!) but have you run a latency checking program on your computer?

Maybe there's something else on your system (hardware or software) which is causing issues with your sound.

Running the latency checking software can highlight anything naughty.

Yes I have tested the system with DPC latency checker, and it appears to be very stable at 50-100uS so in good shape.
I have also verified the issue on two separate PC's. Both with very fast DPC response.

geposted Mon 01 May 17 @ 8:02 pm
Tried to downgrade to build 3409 with was the first build supporting MCX8000. The issue is present also in this build.
Today I also get a little different results while testing with my "normal" build 3696, when drop out issue begins I press 'Apply' in audio settings to cure it and resume audio.
The difference today was that the drop out issue was coming back after about one minute of playing, once again press 'Apply' did fix the issue and didn't come back.

geposted Sun 07 May 17 @ 6:16 pm
Any devs able to reproduce this issue ?

geposted Wed 10 May 17 @ 9:04 am
Today I tested this issue on a 3rd computer. This PC was an old Sony Vaio laptop with a slow i3-350M.
And strange enough, my drop out issue did not occour on this one. At least not for the few times I tried it.
So, it boils down to some issue with USB communication with my two other PC's. Hmmm....
Is there any setting somewhere giving USB ports higher IRQ priority or perhaps optimizing CPU for background services might do the trick ?

geposted Fri 12 May 17 @ 6:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could indeed be a driver problem then.
You can try to temporarily disable wifi/network adapters from device manager.
If that works, it could be useful to check if there are any driver updates for these.

geposted Fri 12 May 17 @ 6:58 am
I updates the BIOS without fixing the issue
When I changed a USB bios setting called "Intel USB3.0 mode" to disabled it appears it works perfectly.
So, with this setting I guess the USB3.0 ports will revert back to being USB2.0 ports, but does not matter if everything works, that it seems to do!

geposted Sun 14 May 17 @ 5:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)