Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon MCX8000 possible to use WASAPI instead of ASIO? - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Pioneer don't have that problem, the exclusive setting does not harm the asio sound quality.

geposted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 8:48 pm
bigron1 wrote :
Pioneer don't have that problem, the exclusive setting does not harm the asio sound quality.

Interesting, could you try if ASIO4ALL is affected in exclusive mode?

geposted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 8:52 pm
Asio4all works with exclusive access for vdj. It also provides an informative gui to help sort things out in the VDJ audio settings. It looks good!

geposted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 9:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
exclusiveAudioAccess only affects wasapi, it makes no difference for asio

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 4:13 am
Adion wrote :
exclusiveAudioAccess only affects wasapi, it makes no difference for asio

For me, that setting certainly affects ASIO. Both me and Ron have verified serious drop-outs using exclusive=yes together with ASIO.

EDIT: Starting up VDJ with ASIO and exclusive=yes, drop outs occour after a minute, going into settings change exclusive=no, sound is restored and working perfect onwards.
At least me can verify this, not 100% sure if this was the case with Ron's issue/testing

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 7:19 am
I can confirm this too. When I had the SX2 changing this setting and restarting did screw up the ASIO drivers. I remember this.

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 8:59 am
maybe there's another non-asio card selected as well in audio config? (record input perhaps?)
it really isn't even looked at while initializing asio, so it would only cause any kind of change if there's either another line in the audio config with wasapi, or the asio device is not available at startup (controller only connected later maybe) since then it falls back to the default wasapi device for master out.

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 9:48 am
I've always used asio on a variety of controllers and cannot remember having a problem.

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 10:23 am
Adion wrote :
maybe there's another non-asio card selected as well in audio config? (record input perhaps?)
it really isn't even looked at while initializing asio, so it would only cause any kind of change if there's either another line in the audio config with wasapi, or the asio device is not available at startup (controller only connected later maybe) since then it falls back to the default wasapi device for master out.

In my case, I start VDJ and MCX8000 is already running. I see the ASIO selection in audio config.All looks OK. I use no channels for record. One master / headphone setting through channels 1-4.
I start play a track. A minute later horrible drop-outs begin.
I simply go into options and change exsclusive to no, then sound resume directly
I don't even have to go into audio settings to click 'apply'

Could it be something, like even if audio settings state ASIO as driver, it's still wasapi which is used, then click exclusive will change to ASIO (for real)?

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 10:44 am
no, however changing the setting exclusiveAudioAccess (from yes to no or from no to yes) re-initializes the sound engine.
So if changing the setting works, then probably not changing the setting but just pressing 'apply' to reset the sound engine will probably also work.

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 11:13 am
MrJackson2014 wrote :
In my case, I start VDJ and MCX8000 is already running. I see the ASIO selection in audio config.All looks OK. I use no channels for record. One master / headphone setting through channels 1-4.
I simply go into options and change exsclusive to no, then sound resume directly

Could it be something, like even if audio settings state ASIO as driver, it's still wasapi which is used, then click exclusive will change to ASIO (for real)?

I'm actually confused now. Re-read all the posts from you in this topic, and from what I understand ASIO had been running fine so far, WASAPI exclusive mode gave you bad sound, but WASAPI in shared mode worked fine.
Now you are saying you get bad sound with ASIO selected as well until you re-init the sound engine?

(This is what you said yesterday, which I assumed meant that ASIO had been working fine:
Quote :
Hopefully the ASIO drivers will be stable enough, as I also used the ASIO for MC6000mk1 for many years without issues, but after reading some info about how glitchy that drivers were I used the MC6000mk1 with WASAPI in the end, just for proactive reasons really.

I managed to run the MCX with WASAPI yesterday, but for some reason after a few tracks, noise starts to occour and drop out more and more, until complete silence.
Changing audio settings to ASIO drivers back on, sound will resume.
ASIO turns out to run mostly well, I had some unexplained things happen early, but that COULD be me doing things incorrect.

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 11:18 am
Adion wrote :
no, however changing the setting exclusiveAudioAccess (from yes to no or from no to yes) re-initializes the sound engine.
So if changing the setting works, then probably not changing the setting but just pressing 'apply' to reset the sound engine will probably also work.

OK that I will check.

EDIT: This will be part of the investigation to do this afternoon.

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 11:28 am
Adion wrote :
MrJackson2014 wrote :

I'm actually confused now. Re-read all the posts from you in this topic, and from what I understand ASIO had been running fine so far, WASAPI exclusive mode gave you bad sound, but WASAPI in shared mode worked fine.
Now you are saying you get bad sound with ASIO selected as well until you re-init the sound engine?

(This is what you said yesterday, which I assumed meant that ASIO had been working fine:
Quote :
Hopefully the ASIO drivers will be stable enough, as I also used the ASIO for MC6000mk1 for many years without issues, but after reading some info about how glitchy that drivers were I used the MC6000mk1 with WASAPI in the end, just for proactive reasons really.

I managed to run the MCX with WASAPI yesterday, but for some reason after a few tracks, noise starts to occour and drop out more and more, until complete silence.
Changing audio settings to ASIO drivers back on, sound will resume.
ASIO turns out to run mostly well, I had some unexplained things happen early, but that COULD be me doing things incorrect.

Thanks Adion for putting time and effort inte this.
Yes, ASIO have been running "mostly" fine as I also state above. The unexplained things that occour stated above could be the fact that I had exclusiveaccess set to yes. This was nothing I checked cause I thought this setting was all related to wasapi and I didn't care about it.

This afternoon I will make a detailed investigation and describe step by step what happens when running ASIO, and getting drop-outs, re-init sound settings and else.
It's easy to be misaligned in investigations as these, and I will try to bring back everyone to the same page.

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 11:33 am
Windows has its own option for allowing exclusive use of audio. Could it be that two settings cause a conflict ?

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 11:34 am
Some investigation done so far:

1. Power up MCX8000
2. Power up PC
3. Launch VDJ

Settings chosen right now;
Denon ASIO, exclusiveaccess NO, buffer 512 samples

4. Load a song to Deck 1 and press play
5. Only 17 seconds into the song, drop outs starts to occur.
6. Go into audio config att simply press 'Apply'
7. Audio is resumed and works perfectly onwards

I note that selecting either exclusiveaccess yes or no from the start does not matter, you get the same result by just changing the settings since the audio is initialized then.

Here is a picture taken in the audio config using buffer of 512 samples

Next step was to change the buffersize in the Denon driver from 512 to 1056 samples.

Then I get longer playingtime before drop outs starts. (24 seconds instead of 17 seconds with 512 samples)

Audio settings with 1056 samples:

Please note that every time VDJ is restarted I get the same result. Play for 17 seconds and then drop outs. (if not changing buffer size)

I did a final test and that was the same as step 4-7 with the only difference I wait 10 seconds before I load the song into Deck 1 and press play.
Interesting enough, this resulted in shorter playing time before drop out starts.

And last, launching VDJ and directly press 'Apply' before loading a song to deck 1 did not solve the issue either.

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 3:32 pm
Could you try to record the sound drops?

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 4:44 pm
Adion wrote :
Could you try to record the sound drops?

Yes, I will. I can run a sinewave of 1kHz and it will be easier to see the nature of the drop outs.

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 5:09 pm
Did a 30 seconds recording of a 1kHz testtone.
No drops-outs were recorded while I was monitoring by headphone and heard severe drop-outs.
So the problem does not lie within VDJ processing at least.
What would be the next step ?

Should I also try to record from the MCX8000 output ?

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 5:43 pm
Yes you can't record it from within vdj

geposted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 6:48 pm
I now have recordings of the drop-outs, where can I upload them?

geposted Sun 30 Apr 17 @ 3:35 pm
89%