Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark DJ2Go2 - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Yes, actually I have helped DJDad a couple of months ago with mapping Korg Kaos.

geposted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 11:39 am
Sound&Silence wrote :
Yes, actually I have helped DJDad a couple of months ago with mapping Korg Kaos.

Cool! you are way ahead of me then :)

geposted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 11:39 am
Ok, now that I have the unit and had time to play with it for a while, here is my brief evaluation.

The whole thing feels very "plastic" to me, hollow and each button makes a loud cheap click noise when pressing it. It looks far better on the pictures I have seen, in reality it looks really cheap, also the labeling on the upper plastic cover. The old DJ2Go felt more solid, and I liked the feel of the buttons much more.

I noticed several times that although I pushed a button, it did not recognize the push, so I had to do it a second time. Most buttons have LEDs under it, but they are lit unevenly and there are two states of the LEDs (full brightness and dimmed). However it is not easy to distinguish the brightness levels, you have to look twice in order to see which button is actually "active" (full brightness) or not.

The good thing is, it has a build in 4 channel audio interface. I cannot say anything about the audio quality, as I use an extra DAC anyway, but I thought for prelistening this might be handy, so this is a plus.

It is slightly larger than its predecessor and a little heavier, although still light and very convenient to travel with. However when you pick it up or carry it in a bag, every movement makes little plastic noises as the buttons and faders are not fitting exactly. Just appears cheap.

So I think I will sell mine and stick with my old DJ2Go. Just feels better to work with.

geposted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 8:13 am
So I received my DJ2GO2. Followed the 'instructions" and can not figure out what I missed as I can not get it to work with v8.2 b3870. Sound is passing through it, but that's about it. I have Virtual DJ Pro Infinity. It says there is no need to unlock the controller. Maybe I have not had enough coffee yet, what am I missing. See screen shots. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

geposted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 12:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You have manually selected the DJ2GO, but the DJ2GO2 is probably not auto-detected.
Numark DJ2GO2 was recently added, so you will need to use the EarlyAccess Build (currently 3936). To get the EarlyAccess Build, enable the setting EarlyAccessUpdates from VirtualDJ Settings and re-open

geposted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 12:56 pm
Thank you! Up and running now, looking at the tweaks

geposted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 1:14 pm
Just got my DJ2GO2 today and had trouble getting it to work. Enabled EarlyAccessUpdates as recommended by djdad and now it works like a champ. Thanks for the tip!

geposted Fri 06 Oct 17 @ 9:49 pm
FursaPRO InfinityMember since 2015
DJ VooDoo wrote :
I use this one as a back up and when I do guest spots in a club. It is natively supported by VDJ. Never had an issue and it works flawlessly. I just use the pitch sliders on the screen. Whats funny is the other Djs would laugh at me but after I mix they scratch there heads. LOL

https://www.numark.com/product/mixtrack-edge

Me too - there is so much you can do with this little controller that it amazes me - you just need to get used to using the shift button a lot. ;)

geposted Sun 15 Oct 17 @ 7:07 pm
Mixtrack Edge may be a great controller, but this thread is about the DJ2GO2. Let’s try to keep the information on this controller so that no one gets confused about what this thread Is about. If you’d like to discuss this controller, please start a new thread, thank you.

geposted Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 7:49 pm

geposted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 11:32 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I can totally relate to that... The Canadian instant weather change!

It's possible to have a "winter, spring, summer or fall" in one same freakin' day!

Back to the topic... I was more excited about this DJ2Go2 than the Rane 72/12s.

I don't have my unit yet but I will definitely get one once I finish playing around the DDJ-XP1 (arriving next week).

geposted Fri 20 Oct 17 @ 11:07 pm
DJ2GO2 is actually not a bad package, there is just one slight "bad" thing that totally annoys me on the DJ2GO2. The buttons are hard plastic, not the classic rubber one (like it was on the older DJ2GO) mini controller, so the experience (while the controller looking better) is cheap. Also I feel like they are harder and less precise to press, its basically not that satisfying to press play anymore. I wish they did better job here and had slightly higher price, than this tradeoff. It's not like you gonna just look at the buttons - they should be usable in the first place. I don't want to discourage you from buying this controller, but just keep this in mind if its important for you. However convenience of having soundcard (with cue) and pads with you on this unit are a great improvement over the old.

geposted Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 7:29 am
I suppose if you really wanted rubber buttons then you could have some made by sending the original buttons away to a custom rubber mouldings company.

geposted Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 8:05 am
But why wont it work on earlier VDJ i.e VDJ 7. I dont like vdj8 and here i have a brand new little controller thats cool but i cant use it????

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 2:14 pm
Because VDJ7 is no longer developed. Simple answer.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 2:32 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Got mines today

geposted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 12:05 pm
millydog123 wrote :
But why wont it work on earlier VDJ i.e VDJ 7. I dont like vdj8 and here i have a brand new little controller thats cool but i cant use it????

No new controller will work with VDJ7
VDJ7 isn't supported anymore
It haven't been updated for almost 3 years, except for a small patch to fix a date issue that started on 1/1-2016
So if you want to use VDJ7 you need to buy very old controllers

geposted Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 12:53 pm
Just had one of these delivered and it really is amazing for the price.

Only changes I have made to the mapping are to remap the level pots to gain and the pitch sliders to level so I can use them to fade in and out the music.

Would be good to be able to use the sliders as pitch when the "pad mode" button is pressed but I'm not that clever!

I'm seriously impressed!

geposted Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 4:32 pm
Does anyone have any suggestions to improve on the wheel?????
(Not touch Sensitive????))

geposted Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 10:33 pm
Little help, please
Tried this script, on this controller

Execute different action on click and different on double-click (for controllers)
var 'double' ? set 'double' 0 & repeat_stop 'myrep' & device_side 'left' ? deck left clone_deck right : deck right clone_deck left : set 'double' 1 & repeat_start 'myrep' 400ms 1 & load & set 'double' 0

it loads the song to the other deck but it doesn't start playing.
I think it worked as planned before on my mixtrack.

geposted Sat 28 Oct 17 @ 7:09 am
54%