Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Protection of the music library

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,
I am a VDJ user since almost 15 years, now, when it was called AtomixMP3.
I really love VDJ and the last version I use (VDJ 8.2 b3994) is the best.
Eventhough I bought a controller Pioneer DDJ-SX taht comes with Serato, I still prefer VDJ.

BUT !...
Sometimes, I am clumsy with my mouse, my laptop trackpad : I move my folders by accident !

In Serato, there is an option to protect the library.
Is there a same option that would prevent me from doing any further mistake like I did ?

Thanks for your help, and Happy New Year !

geposted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 5:56 am
Make backups. Keep backups.

:-)

geposted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 9:22 am
JazzAndry wrote :
Hi,
Eventhough I bought a controller Pioneer DDJ-SX taht comes with Serato, I still prefer VDJ.

BUT !...
Sometimes, I am clumsy with my mouse, my laptop trackpad : I move my folders by accident !

Is there a same option that would prevent me from doing any further mistake like I did ?

geposted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 7:57 pm
JazzAndry wrote :
Hi,

BUT !...

Yeah same here I am constantly Relocating missing files

geposted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 7:59 pm
mademan34711 wrote :

Stop moving music files outside of virtual DJ and your issue will go away.

geposted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 8:21 pm
wickedmix wrote :
mademan34711 wrote :

Stop moving music files outside of virtual DJ and your issue will go away.

It's within VDJ that I accidentaly move the folders...

geposted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 3:27 pm
Change setting "readOnly" to Yes

Not quite sure what it actually does but with it on the browser tree can still be modified

geposted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 3:40 pm
I had an issue like this earlier this week. I decided to tidy up my physical folders on the hard drive. I used to have a monthly video subscription and received over 100 video downloads per month. At the time (2013), I had a folder for each month of the year, I decided to amalgamate all the contents of these 12 folders into one physical folder. This was partly to aid a filter folder that I wanted to create and add to the 'My Library' plugin as lately I'm using filter folders more and more.

I moved everything WITHIN VirtualDJ as always advised. Then afterwards on checking I found lots of files wanting to 'relocate missing files'. I could not find the files in the search box. I then selected the whole database and 'added to database' thinking that would fix it, but, no it didn't surprisingly. The only way I could fix it was to restore the original folders and their contents from my backup hard drive and 'add to database' then delete the new amalgamated folder. Everything is back to normal now.

geposted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 6:22 pm
Recently I tried (from within VDJ) to move files from fixed drive (C) to SSD (D) and it didn't create a database on the external drive.

Maybe that needs checked as well.

geposted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 7:08 pm
There is a very good point here, its nit hard to accidently drag a folder, with a touch pad .

I think a lock folder tree option would be good

geposted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 6:45 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
kradcliffe wrote :

Not quite sure what it actually does but with it on the browser tree can still be modified

Indeed this option is to protect the database not the browser tree.

geposted Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 2:03 pm
djcel wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

Indeed this option is to protect the database not the browser tree.

What does DB protection means ?
Would it still be possible to save the history in the DB file ?

sureview wrote :
There is a very good point here, its nit hard to accidently drag a folder, with a touch pad .

I think a lock folder tree option would be good

+1 ! So true !

geposted Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 10:42 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
With new VDJ b5002 this is a biggest problem because accidently drag a folder, with a touch pad now create a favorite
As this is a related bug i opened a new post for it

geposted Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 11:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Dragging a folder to the right to create a favorite existed at least since vdj 7, this is not changed or new to build 5002.

An option to lock folder tree preventing reordering had been added a while ago already

geposted Tue 04 Jun 19 @ 5:29 am
I found the way of loading music without losing files ,I found VDJ doesn't keep music it keeps location ,so I make sure everything is in my library ,before I was picking from my hardrive ,so when I move file VDJ detects that

geposted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 5:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)