Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ & Ctrl Alt Del issue 8.2 & 8.3 builds on WIn 10 1803 64 bit

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Normally I play out with video. I had iTunes hang so I tried a Ctrl Alt Del with VDJ minimized. I was able to close iTunes and VDJ was still playing. But my screen was flashing white and VDJ would not open up from being minimized. This has happened before but I could not reproduce it until now.

This happens with no external screen too. Just open VDJ and don't load anything in the decks. Click on the Master video out to launch the window. Then minimize VDJ. Then Ctrl Alt Del and open task manager. You will now see the VDJ master output window flashing. You can't close the output window because it keeps refreshing before you can hit close. During this, I have had to close VDJ and then restart it to get everything back.

Unlikely scenario for some, but I minimize VDJ often during a set to get to my Video pools on line for requests during shows and sometimes iTunes. With cell phone internet, there are sometimes lock ups where I would just like to kill a program without affecting VDJ.

Ideas? Am I the only one?

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 9:41 pm
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I noticed the CPU was overloaded on the GPD Pocket so I tried CTRL+ALT+DEL and VDJ completely froze. Did it again later but I completely forgot about it.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 10:22 pm
Thanks for the confirmation. Happened last year (2017) on Halloween. I haven't played many shows since due to some family health issues. So like you, I also forgot about it. Just happened the other day at home so... You know the rest. Cool, hopefully there can be a fix for it.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 11:43 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are you in fullscreen mode in the VirtualDJ options?

geposted Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 6:47 am
Which setting exactly?

geposted Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 6:35 pm
Videoforcefullscreen = 0

geposted Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 12:42 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I tried, and the video output is indeed white, but switching back to virtualdj main window fixes it.

geposted Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 6:54 am
For me, because the VDJ interface was minimized and the output window was white and flashing (refreshing) I was not able to maximize VDJ. So once my song ran out I would have no way to see the main VDJ window to regain control of my show. While a white output on my monitor is a problem, the bigger problem is having to restart VDJ during a set and all the silence that can come with that.

Also, I drag all my ideas and requests during the night in the Automix list. Keeps me organized and in case I need a quick break I can throw it on automix. But I think VDJ saves that on close. That night VDJ was obviously hung in some way and that list was not saved. So I came back to all my ideas and requests gone (automix list blank) which was a huge surprise, and also that much longer until I can remember something of where I was to get started again. It would be great if I at least had everything since the last autosave and before the freeze.

This might come down to improvements in three areas:
1. Want to fix white output window
2. VDJ was some kind of hung and would not let me maximize the main interface
3. Perhaps we need to auto save the Automix list occasionally (before VDJ close). That way I should have most of my list, and only missing most recent selections. That will get me going faster and I don't have to remember requests or stuff I chose potentially hours before.

geposted Sat 16 Jun 18 @ 10:36 am
Control alt delete seems a bit excessive lol

You can go direct to task manager with ctrl + alt + shift

See if this causes the same issue

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 6:36 am
I might agree, and I have never heard of using that particular keystroke. I will give it a shot thanks.

Also just hoping to make VDJ more “tolerant” and stable though as I am sure there are many more like me who only knew of Ctrl Alt Del.

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 10:45 am
FYI Ctrl alt shift does not work on Windows 7
Of course you can right click task bar and open task manager from that menu unless things are locked up. Then Ctrl alt delete is the only option I know of.

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 12:18 pm
Yeah, Ctrl Alt Shift does nothing for me either.

I should also mention that the other program (not VDJ) was locked up in my above scenario. So that is why I was using Ctrl Alt Del. I guess another point that I am just now thinking of is that I have no idea if that program locking up was the cause of why VDJ would not open back up. I think that is another reason why I did not post this until now.

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 1:07 pm
Will be fixed, but if it happens again you should also still be able to use alt tab to switch back to vdj and restore it

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 1:39 pm
I will dig out the pocket and test again later.

Pretty sure when it happened it locked VDJ completely and there was no way to recover it.

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 1:53 pm
I second that. I know about and use Alt Tab all the time. While it was too long ago to say for sure, I definitely would have tried Alt Tab to bring VDJ back up. VDJ was hung hard. That is why my Automix list did not save.

I just waited for the song to end. Faded out the volume and made a quick announcement. Thank God for SSDs and quick boot times.

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 4:04 pm
Adion wrote :
Will be fixed..

Is that the Early Access BUILD 4440 (2018-06-17) "-fix some potential (but rare) crashes"? Or in a future build?

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 4:08 pm
No, the fix will come after the first public release of VDJ 2018.

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 4:21 pm
Ok, thanks for the update!

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 4:24 pm
Seems to be working fine now. When you hit CTRL+ALT+DEL in Windows 10 it gives you the blue selection screen and the VDJ video output goes blank. Hit task manager and it all goes back to normal with no freezing.

geposted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 5:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)