Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ RZ HELP.. YES JUST A QUICK QUESTION - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I ran the RZ for the 1st time all night. It is a cluster**** of issues. With the SZ, I never had to run auto gain, most of my tracks are within 90db. Last night I was having wild swings in volume from track to track with auto gain set to auto. Luckily, I have my SZ repaired and will be using it tonight. I am waiting to see what the difference's will be. I will update after the night.

geposted Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 10:29 pm
IF you used RZ as a software mixer then you may want to check gain related settings such as gainsliderincludesautogain and gainpickup mode

geposted Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 5:17 pm
Used my SZ last night and was perfect. No wild swings, no worrying what the next track level was going to be. The SZ is one of a kind in the DDJ series.

geposted Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 6:54 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
IF you used RZ as a software mixer then you may want to check gain related settings such as gainsliderincludesautogain and gainpickup mode

Thank you Phantom. Yes, I did check those settings, both were on.

geposted Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 6:56 pm
burnyabad wrote :
no worrying what the next track level was going to be

Do you not check the level of the track whilst you're pre-listening for cueing? To me that's a standard part of DJing.

Autogain or not, I always make sure the playback level of the next track matches the playing one.

geposted Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 7:42 pm
yes, but.. that caveat, I work a very busy club and run lights, etc... Often times I am taking requests, calling out specials, beat mixing and generally overwhelmed. That being said, there are times a track is slammed into the other deck.

geposted Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 9:25 pm
you might want to look into a product called Platinum Notes might be just what you need.

geposted Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 9:28 pm
...or a limiter (much better than the onboard VDJ one) in the master effect slot.

LoudMax can be found here. Not only will it help to minimize gain differences - it will make the output 'punchier' too.

geposted Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 7:06 am
burnyabad wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Thank you Phantom. Yes, I did check those settings, both were on.

Actually I was referring to controllerTakeoverMode which is NOT an on/off toggle, but offers various options that can alter the way you work with sliders and knobs dramatically

VirtualDJ On Line Manual wrote :
controllerTakeoverMode:
Defines how sliders and knob are behaving when the value on the controller doesn’t match the value on the skin: Instant means as soon as you touch the slider on the controller, VirtualDJ will use the controller’s position. Pickup means that the controller’s slider has no effect until it reaches the current skin’s position, at which point both positions become linked again. Gradual means that when you move the controller’s slider, it will moves the skin’s slider in the same direction to gradually match both positions

geposted Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 7:54 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)