Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-RZX Screens - Page: 2
Right-I have downloaded the UI and installed and I'm blown away with how good it is. This said I have a jog problem. To move in the track to anywhere, as in first beat or a part in the song, the jog is non responsive. It moves fine with shift enabled for needle search, but not on a normal press. That said if I press hard and fast it will do a back spin. Any ideas please? Pressing on the jog stops the song, but i can't move anywhere with it. (running OSX if that makes any difference)

geposted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 6:01 pm
Please make sure that both instances of DDJ-RZX on mappers tab on VirtualDJ settings are using the factory default mapper. Also remove any files related to DDJ-RZX from the Devices folder

geposted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 6:11 pm
It is showing in the maps page as factory default internal. I also deleted the old RZX plug in before I opened the programme and took the update for VDJ on this machine. I am running an XP1 along side it. Could that affect it in anyway?

geposted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 6:19 pm
The weird thing is, I have the same issue on both of my Macs. I will try a fresh instal on one machine to see if the issue disappears.

geposted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 6:53 pm
Fresh download-with everything removed from previous (complete folder from documents) Still have the same problem. Any ideas what else it could be please?

geposted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 7:40 pm
Even weirder now. I just installed VDJ on my PC, which has never had a controller on it, and the problem is there also. Im guessing now that it must be a utility setting on the RZX, although the problem was never there on the original non screen mapper. The only other thing I can think of is, the platters are skinned, but like I say, it worked fine on the older version.

geposted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 8:09 pm
So, for today I give up :((

It seems I have to move the jog really fast to get it to move in the track, which isn't ideal for accuracy . On DVS it is super tight and works really well, but the jog wheels on 2 macs and 1 PC, the issue are still the same. The PC instal has never been on there before, and it should work, but something just ain't right.
I re-installed the old screen less version just to check, and everything is fine.
Fingers crossed that I can get this sorted, as it looks like it could be great.

geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 12:56 am
Are you sure you have it in vinyl mode, not jog mode?

geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 5:49 am

geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 9:17 am
This just gets weirder. I reverted back to the old plug in on USB A version of VDJ, which made the jog wheels on USB B work as they should on the latest version with screens. I shut down the pc on USB A and restarted the mac on USB B, and now everything works. (for now-fingers crossed)

geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 10:29 am
Hi...thank you so much finally touch screen work it.........................everything is ok, just I have a little Issue... my jogwheel is not reponse. the Pressure sensitive platter for scratching (vinyl mode)sometimes I can scratching and move back. How can I fix this. thanks again

geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 12:32 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Please make sure that both instances of DDJ-RZX on mappers tab on VirtualDJ settings are using the factory default mapper. Also remove any files related to DDJ-RZX from the Devices folder

same problem

geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 12:34 pm

geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 12:44 pm
Please open VirtualDJ and leave it open a few minutes to download a silent update for the controllers (Computer must be connected on internet)
Restart VirtualDJ and try again.

geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 2:08 pm
Thanks Phantom-Now mine is working and I'm having a mooch around, Im loving little touches-Like the time encoder knob acts like the old S4 encoder in loop mode and allows you to move it around.

geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 4:06 pm
Although the hot fix has made the jogs useable for adjusting a track, there is still a slight issue if trying to do a backspin. It is choppy with like jumping audio. I attached a video link to try and explain what I mean, no audio, but you can get the jist of it from the outer indicator ring.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hunf6adgl31hgh1/IMG_1016.MOV?dl=0

geposted Sun 09 Sep 18 @ 1:13 pm
Ignore the above-changing the latency sorted it out =]

geposted Sun 09 Sep 18 @ 2:29 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Please open VirtualDJ and leave it open a few minutes to download a silent update for the controllers (Computer must be connected on internet)
Restart VirtualDJ and try again.

Thanks to you ......Now everything is perfect.

geposted Mon 10 Sep 18 @ 5:40 am
HI again, I have a little issue, my master output dont sound, first I need open the Rekorbox a play any song and then open vdj a Iget the sound on the master output.

geposted Tue 11 Sep 18 @ 7:30 am
You need to set the Mixer Mode (in Pioneer DDJ-RZX Settings Utility application) in "Internal Mixer Mode" for the mapper to operate properly.
RekordboxDJ changes the Mixer Mode automatically to "Internal" every time you start it. That's why it works afterwards... ;)

geposted Tue 11 Sep 18 @ 10:09 am
56%