Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sounds problem - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

ppshHome userMember since 2018
Hello everyone! I have a specific problem with VDJ2018 and Pioneer ddj RR. Sometimes sound like "bzzz" happens there, its lasts about 0.5 sec and it doesnt happen very often, maybe 1-2 times per evening, but its really sad. And, as i remember, it usually happens when i do something, like turn on some effect, touch jog end so on. I think it never happens when just music sounds background. And i use line inputs on this controller very often in "software mod" for music and video players, problem never happens in this mode, its only happens when i playing disco in VDJ. I've tried to change buffer size in the pioneers driver settings and it didn't help. And there wasn't any problem with my previous controller (Hercules RMX2). Any ideas?

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 9:38 am
I would suspect electricity issues. Like static electricity or abnormal current that affects your laptop or your controller.
Have you tried to use a power conditioner or a similar product ?

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 10:19 am
It obviously is not electricity issues. I work in the different locations every time, with the same laptop, the same version of VDJ. And with Hercules RMX2 controller everything was ok. Besides, if it were electricity, then it would affect on sound in line in mode aswell (when i use vdj and controller in software mode to connect another signal sources with line input of DDJ RR) but it never happens. I recorded a sample of how it sounds, you can listen it here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NB1znaD8pYPLxhE64ZtK34WIG6XdPG1O
It sounds obviously as a software bug.

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 2:06 pm
Spounds like a buffering issue. Bad cable or incorrect sound driver settings?

If you're using Pioneer drivers try increasing the latency in the control panel.

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 2:11 pm
I have tried to increase latency to 1024 ms, it didnt help. And i changed cabel, didnt help too(

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 2:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, that leaves the controller itself. If there was a software bug, then it would happen with the RMX2 too, right ?
Could be a loose USB or audio socket on the Pioneer, or some other circuit issue. Have you tried with the bundled software ?

BTW, not sure where you got the VirtualDJ 2018 from, not seeing any license registered to your account, so would also recommend you, to uninstall what you have and try the official software from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html which will give you 30 days trial period of Pro, good enough to test before you proceed with a license purchase

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 2:38 pm
Think it was mistake with login, I relog now. I have infinity license for many years.

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 2:55 pm
I havent tried recordbox because i dont like it. And bug happens quite rare, so i cant work all evening on recordbox, to check this problem. And i dont think it could be usb or cabel problem, because, there is no problem, when i dont use VDJ and use only line inputs of controller. And i've changed cable once, it didnt help.
Actually i think maybe there is kind of incompatibility between VDJ and DDJ RR?

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 3:00 pm
What laptop do you have?

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 3:09 pm
Asus UX410UA.

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 3:12 pm
gegenava wrote :
I havent tried recordbox because i dont like it. And bug happens quite rare, so i cant work all evening on recordbox, to check this problem. And i dont think it could be usb or cabel problem, because, there is no problem, when i dont use VDJ and use only line inputs of controller. And i've changed cable once, it didnt help.

Don't get me wrong, but:
I don't think that...
I don't think that...
I don't think the other....

To me it seems you are biased to your own conclusion and you're not willing to really find what's going on.

Facts:
- There are hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of VirtualDJ users that use the software daily without any issues
- There are hundreds of VirtualDJ users that use Pioneer DDJ-RR without any issues. One of them happens to work on Thursdays on the same club I do, and I'm pretty sure that he would notify me if he had an issue.
- Static electricity is a bitch. I guess you were not around at the time, but one controller that was experiencing various issues at the time it was introduced was American Audio VMS 4. It took almost an year for engineers to find out that it was static electricity building up on some cases causing it's issues.
- Loose connections are a bitch, even if you use brand new cables. If your laptop port, or your controller port is loose, you can experience various issues. Numark NVII and Native Instruments AudioDJ 2 as an example are two known units that have "faulty/loose" USB ports (even the first day you use them)
- Cables can be a bitch. A cable can work today, but if stretched or twisted it can stop working. Such a cable brought down an entire Boeing 737 a few years ago. The cable was working 99% of the time!
- Power irregularities are known factors that can make electronic devices go crazy. DBX Driveracks can even change their program in the middle of a gig because of power irregularities.
- Other electric noise signals that travel through cables can cause all sort of things. Most controllers are known to experience issues (even disconnections and sound drops) when FOG machines turn on their heaters and they draw current from the same circuit the controller is plugged in.
- Factories can produce faulty units, in batch, or in single pieces. Just VERY recently Pioneer discovered 2 different issues on Pioneer DDJ-SX3. The first issue was caused in an entire batch of the production line and Pioneer had to recall back those units. The second issue is "per case" (at least for now) and Pioneer fixes the affected units under their warranty. Also, almost 1,5 years after their production several DDJ-SR units started having issues with the right deck controls. It turned out that it was a problem with an entire circuit board inside the unit that had to be replaced!
- Finally, there are million other possibilities why you hear a momentary noise on your controller. The most common reason is high power draw from the controller when it turns on various leds. DDJ-RR has a dedicated PSU, but still the PSU could experience issues, or the USB port of your laptop could have limited current abilities, or it could try to save energy and momentarily change the current of the port e.t.c.

From all the above, the only logical explanation is that the issue you're experiencing is something unique on your system and/or configuration.
Yet, you still think that it's an incompatibility between the software and the controller...

geposted Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 10:46 am
Sorry, but maybe you haven"t read carefully what i wrote before?
1. Its not the cable problem, because (i wrote it twice) i changed cable, it didn't help at all.
2. Its not the electricity problem, because i work in different locations everytime. Besides, when i used controller like mixer (in software mode) to connect external devices to line input (like mp3 player, phone, or videoplayer and winamp player from my laptop) - in this case the problem NEVER happens.
Last evening i went to one of my dj friend with the same controller DDJ-RR. Hi uses it with recordbox and never has this problem. So, i played disco on his controller, his cable and even his ac power adapter and my laptop+VDJ about 3 hours, and finally got the same bug. So - it is not my device's problem.
And its not my laptop problem, because i use it with hercules rmx2 or just with my soundmixer without any problem.
I've tried to reinstall VDJ, it didn't help. And I've noticed, that very often it happens when i use some effects, like echo, reverb etc.
So, its not electricity, its not exactly my controller problem, its not laptop problem, its not cable problem. I"m sure 100%. But, it also not the only VDJ problem, because it works well with another controller, or without any controllers. Thats why i think it maybe kind of incompatibility. And i dont understand why you so angry? I just want to solve this problem, and i dont want to change my software to recordbox or smth. else.

geposted Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 1:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you have the chance to use your friend's computer, then a good test would be his computer + VDJ +DDJ.
What are the specs of your computer ? Resources-wise, the RMX2 cannot be compared to the DDJ-RR.

One other test you could try would be to get rid of the line ins in Audio setup of VDJ. Keeping them alive and stand-by in Audio setup, could occupy some software threads , some background processes. BTW, are you on hardware or software mode ? http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjrr/inputs.html

geposted Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 1:47 pm
My laptop has core i5 8th gen, 8gb ram, ssd (Asus ux410ua). Unfortunately i can't get rid of line inputs at all, because i use it very often in my work. I can test it without line input ofc, but anyway i need it, so it will not be a solution for me(. My previous controller (hercules) has line input as well and i used it the same way. My friends laptop is macbook, so its absolutely different platform. I have another windows laptop, its not very powerfull, but i'll try to check it. And first of all, i think its a good idea to try another usb port on my main laptop (it has usb 2.0, usb 3.0 and type-c port)
Thank you

geposted Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 2:10 pm
I've posted this issue multiple times and no one responds. Run the laptop with numark asio soundcard and audio skips once per night. I'm ready to ban virtual dj soon since no one responds

geposted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 7:27 am
I am having a static problem too. Was checking out something else tonight and I noticed a static and a buffering issue. I thought maybe my speakers were failing, so I played the songs through iTunes and it played fine. What changed this past week to cause this? Is there a setting to change? It will real embarrassing to get to my gig tomorrow and crackling and static sounds coming through. It is a software problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled VDJ 2018.

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 2:46 am
I recently have the same problem and was able to fix it by upgrading the hercules driver. Hope this helps

geposted Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 2:59 am
Not sure when facts started to matter in these forums.

I wonder how many crashes are blamed on things other than VDJ. Like drivers. Drivers may act up but I can't remember last time one crashing on me. VDJ does not seem to handle USB notifications and this is so very easy to verify. I think they think that if VDJ does not handle the crash exception, then it is not there fault... and it must be the driver which is unlikely.

geposted Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 4:45 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can get my graphic driver to crash if I select "Building a raytracer" from the drop down and change the parameters in the last function from 256 to 1024 :P

http://www.typescriptlang.org/play/

geposted Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 12:05 pm
bosabose wrote :
I recently have the same problem and was able to fix it by upgrading the hercules driver. Hope this helps

I never have this problem on my previous controller Hercules rmx2, its starts when i got Pioneer DDJ RR. Have tried to change drivers version, but it didn't help unfortunately. And now it happens sometimes when music playing from external devices (like another laptop or mp3 player) through line inputs of Pioneer (VDJ works in software mode)

geposted Fri 18 Jan 19 @ 10:23 am
87%