Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Entry Point Not Found message when trying to update VDJ on XP

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I just tried to update VDJ on my old Windows XP laptop. I ran VDJ (currently 8.2 b4032) and it downloaded the update and asked if I wished to install it.

However, when VDJ tried to restart (after I clicked 'yes') I got the following message:

The procedure entry point inet_pton could not be located in the dynamic link library ws2_32 dll

Is Atomix no longer supporting VDJ for Windows XP (if so, beyond which build?), or can this be resolved?

geposted Sat 01 Dec 18 @ 12:23 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since you still have a machine with XP, perhaps you can check which was the last build that works?

geposted Sat 01 Dec 18 @ 1:10 pm
You're the main developer and you don't know? That doesn't give me a lot of confidence!

OK I will try some experiments later - copying tracks at the moment.

geposted Sat 01 Dec 18 @ 1:17 pm
Officially we don't support XP anymore for maybe 2 years or more now.
Since no one on the team has any XP around anymore, it is not actively checked if it still happens to work.

Looks like it's probably broken after 4592.
Will probably be fixed for next update, but auto-updating on xp will be disabled after that.

geposted Sat 01 Dec 18 @ 1:35 pm
OK well the last time the laptop was updated was 2016. It used to be my main laptop but I use a Windows 10 64 bit machine now.

I just booted up the old XP machine to update the music as a reserve/backup.

geposted Sat 01 Dec 18 @ 1:59 pm
geemixPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The last version that worked with XP (for me at least) was b4537.

Anything after that gives an error when loading VDJ (no errors during install though saying incompatible).

I fully understand XP not being supported considering how old it is, but some users do use XP for various audio reasons.

I'd love to see it patched (as they did with 4457). Which still worked up to 4537 as mentioned above.

http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html to download older builds.
(Although I don't see 4457 in pulldown, but 4537 should be fine for you)

Hope that helps you get a build that works.

geposted Sat 01 Dec 18 @ 2:08 pm
Yes 4537 works. I'll leave it there. Thanks for that info, geemix.

geposted Sat 01 Dec 18 @ 4:26 pm
Can you try if 4709 works on xp?

geposted Thu 06 Dec 18 @ 8:10 am
geemixPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't see 4709 on the pull down list, but b4718 works on XP :)

Well, it loaded, not tested fully but at least no error during loading.

geposted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 12:23 pm
geemix wrote :
b4718 works on XP :)

Confirmed. It runs, and tracks play (that's the main thing!) but the tutorials config screen is messed up.

Rather than showing lots of small video previews in boxes with text descriptions, the videos are massive and only show the top section, plus there's no scroll bar on the right side. Res is 1280 x 800 on a 15.6" screen.

geposted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 1:47 pm
I don't think Microsoft will fix Internet Explorer on Windows XP, so not much we can do about that :p

geposted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 2:07 pm
How / why is IE involved?

geposted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 2:17 pm
The tutorial tab is just a webpage, rendered by the native WebView component that uses the IE render engine for showing web pages.

geposted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 2:40 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Why do you do it that way?

Wouldn't it be better to receive the tutorial data as JSON and let config window do the displaying job?
So you don't have any dependencies to a browser engine?

geposted Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 11:13 am
It's easier to use IE because it's there and easier access to the youtube videos via a browser. As long as they accessing their own pages it's ok. They also use IE for the ads which is more scary. Easy to turn that off with at least 3 browser settings but there is one that is best . I would probably be using something I had more control over than IE

They could check the browser version for XP etc. and display friendly message based on version rather than display a mess and say there is not much you can do.

If you click uninstall for Milkdrop, it ask "Are you sure you want to uninstall file xxx" It ask that question for all the presents ... like maybe 2000 times. If you shut VDJ down when that thing is still asking questions, it looks like VDJ shuts down but the dialog will flicker and easy to crash VDJ. Your computer is also useless until it's finished. No way to kill the dialog box other than shutting VDJ down (won't actually shut down until it goes through all the questions, but it will be on auto pilot once you have clicked to shut VDJ down and easy to crash).

geposted Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 4:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)