Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 - Page: 2
Hello guys and dear virtual DJ developers.
I took the trouble to write to Native myself about the displays and platter.
The thing is, I wrote the developers of Native in German.
Therefore I will only be able to upload the emails including the answer in German.
But I hope that the Virtual DJ team can translate it so far.

My mail to Native:

Native's answer:

My answer to that:

Sorry that the screenshots are in German.
I hope the Virtual DJ team can translate that.
So the answer is from Native:
Software developers should integrate the functions in their software themselves.
I replied to them that this has already happened so far, but the displays and haptic wheels have to have a certain different code, and you can't find out.
Maybe it would be better if the Atomix team contacted Native and explained it to them.
Greetings Dani

geposted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 8:18 pm
ZitrosPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djdutschi wrote :
Hello guys and dear virtual DJ developers.
I took the trouble to write to Native myself about the displays and platter.
The thing is, I wrote the developers of Native in German.
Therefore I will only be able to upload the emails including the answer in German.
But I hope that the Virtual DJ team can translate it so far.

My mail to Native:

Native's answer:

My answer to that:

Sorry that the screenshots are in German.
I hope the Virtual DJ team can translate that.
So the answer is from Native:
Software developers should integrate the functions in their software themselves.
I replied to them that this has already happened so far, but the displays and haptic wheels have to have a certain different code, and you can't find out.
Maybe it would be better if the Atomix team contacted Native and explained it to them.
Greetings Dani

Schreib ihnen nochmal, dass du nicht allein bist und wir alle die S4 MK3 für einen genialen Controller halten, aber halt VDJ auch und einen Controller kann man austauschen, das würden wir natürlich gern dann mit dem S4 MK4 machen, doch wenn das mit VDJ nichts wird......ich wechsel dann auf jeden fall wieder.

geposted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 8:36 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

According to the devs, that won't help (it was posted earlier):

"Actually no, he can't help. That guy modifies the way Traktor talks to the screens. He didn't create an app that talks directly to screens. Traktor still does the talking.
To make it "simple", this guy modified the "skin" of the screens. He didn't made a stand alone application that draws elements directly on the screens. And that's the issue here. If you can't draw on the screens by yourself, you can't "skin" them"

This Guy have modified the File that in the Native Instruments Program Folder :
C://Program Files/Native Instruments/Traktor Pro 3/Resources64
The Files in this Folder has the Name 'qml'.
These are the Files which Control the Display and Haptic Platters.
The Virtual DJ Team should take a Look in these Files.
I think this can help for make the Device and Mapping with Platters and Display ready.
Greatings Dani
I have downloaded also this Mods when needed. ;-)

geposted Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 8:52 pm
Take there has been no movement on full support? Seen loads of updates for other controllers including s3 4 channel.

geposted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 4:22 pm
I would also very much like to know if there is any movement on S4 MK3 support. Please!

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 2:03 am
i hope a soon update for s4 mk3 with virtual dj.
keep waiting. Come On Virtual DJ you can do it

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 1:40 am
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi! in new Virtual Dj release ( build 6167) there is:
- Improvements for controllers with motorized jog wheels

is for Kontrol S4 mk3 motorized jog-wheels to???

geposted Wed 18 Nov 20 @ 2:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No change for S4 MK3.

geposted Wed 18 Nov 20 @ 3:28 pm
The S4 mk3 is probably the best new controller for mid to high end mobile djs (at the price range) which is why I have decided to prioritise controller over software for the first time, I hope that virtual dj can map for this as it will be sad to leave after all this time but this is one of those controllers... Please keep trying, thank you.

geposted Sat 19 Dec 20 @ 5:49 pm
I would love a virtual dj mapping for my traktor s4 mk3? Any updates please?

geposted Wed 10 Feb 21 @ 4:17 pm
No, you will have to use the mapping you can get under extensions
Atomix can't get the screens and haptic feedback to work without help from Traktor - and they don't want to help

geposted Wed 10 Feb 21 @ 5:12 pm
MelinexPRO InfinityMember since 2019
maybe someone can ask NI again? Unfortunately, my knowledge and English are not enough for that.

geposted Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 4:28 pm
Sorry .
But unfortunately it doesn't help if Virtual DJ users ask there.
Native Intruments is simply stubborn and answers me as if I were stupid and had no idea. (See the emails I wrote to them a long time ago).
The only possibility that they finally cooperate would be the Atomix programmer who would write to them themselves and ask nicely.
Nothing else comes from them.

geposted Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 7:44 pm
I am using the custom mapper. I am not able to hear anything in the headphone cue when the volume on the fader is down. when i turn the volume up i then hear the music which does me no good in a live dj setting. any thoughts on how to fix this issue? or could automix do a quick update??

geposted Mon 02 Aug 21 @ 12:17 am
Hi There

I'm trying to download the link but all it shows is "How to install...", it also doesn't appears in extensions in VDJ 2021.

I have a Pro license.

Any help?

Thanks

Tom

geposted Wed 10 Nov 21 @ 5:13 am
nicethings wrote :

The partial mapper is still under extensions, and install-able
I just tested it:

geposted Wed 10 Nov 21 @ 8:50 am
FAO: Hardware Integration Department

Traktor S4 MK3 screens:

The guys at CABL (Controller ABstraction Layer) have the screens working and all the details. The screens and driver are standard NI parts and the same as Mashine MK3. All of the hard work figuring out how to drive the screens has already been done here: Reference: https://github.com/shaduzlabs/cabl/issues/9

"Format is RGB565.
first 16 bytes: Header, which includes the display to address as well as X/Y start position and the width/height of the transmission.

Commands:
Each is 4 bytes long. The first of that 4 bytes is the command code and the next 3 are parameters.

Command Code 00: Sends the next two pixel values to the display. Parameters are all zero. Data is two pixels with 2 bytes each
Command Code 01: Repeats two given pixel values n times. Parameters are the number of repetitions. Data is two pixels with 2 bytes each.
Command Code 03: Unknown yet, but required to display things on the display. Parameters are all zero. No data.
Command Code 04: End of Transmission."

Traktor S4 MK3 Motorized plattters:

The platters are now working in mixx as the guys there were busy reverse engineering the mapping and 'wheel' details. They have it working well enough, mut they are awaiting an update of some of mixx's core components for it to be full working.

https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pull/3900/files
https://mixxx.discourse.group/t/traktor-kontrol-s4-mk3/21613/28

I am a developer, but I no longer have virtual DJ (was tied to the controller) and no development experience with the virtual DJ platform, otherwise I'd have a crack at it myself.
My motivation for seeing this through, is that I do have an S4 mk3, but hate Traktor as it keeps crashing + I loved using virtual DJ.

At this point I think that's all the info needed to procees with an S4 MK3 mapping.

Does the development team have capacity for this? Is it commercially viable? If not I may be able to persue the integration jog wheels and screen. I guess it might involve writing a custom windows driver (I don't do mac's sorry)

geposted Fri 07 Jan 22 @ 11:13 pm
I just downloaded VDJ and signed up for pro as I am sick of Traktor crashes. I am trying to use the S4 Mk3 mapping and all seems good so far. Thanks for all the great work.

One question though, is there a users manual/diagram for this mapping? Or an easy way to get to the Stems control or have it on the Stems button of the S4 Mk3?

geposted Thu 27 Jan 22 @ 1:31 am
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
keithhards wrote :
FAO: Hardware Integration Department

Traktor S4 MK3 screens:

The guys at CABL (Controller ABstraction Layer) have the screens working and all the details. The screens and driver are standard NI parts and the same as Mashine MK3. All of the hard work figuring out how to drive the screens has already been done here: Reference: https://github.com/shaduzlabs/cabl/issues/9

"Format is RGB565.
first 16 bytes: Header, which includes the display to address as well as X/Y start position and the width/height of the transmission.

Commands:
Each is 4 bytes long. The first of that 4 bytes is the command code and the next 3 are parameters.

Command Code 00: Sends the next two pixel values to the display. Parameters are all zero. Data is two pixels with 2 bytes each
Command Code 01: Repeats two given pixel values n times. Parameters are the number of repetitions. Data is two pixels with 2 bytes each.
Command Code 03: Unknown yet, but required to display things on the display. Parameters are all zero. No data.
Command Code 04: End of Transmission."

Traktor S4 MK3 Motorized plattters:

The platters are now working in mixx as the guys there were busy reverse engineering the mapping and 'wheel' details. They have it working well enough, mut they are awaiting an update of some of mixx's core components for it to be full working.

https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pull/3900/files
https://mixxx.discourse.group/t/traktor-kontrol-s4-mk3/21613/28

I am a developer, but I no longer have virtual DJ (was tied to the controller) and no development experience with the virtual DJ platform, otherwise I'd have a crack at it myself.
My motivation for seeing this through, is that I do have an S4 mk3, but hate Traktor as it keeps crashing + I loved using virtual DJ.

At this point I think that's all the info needed to procees with an S4 MK3 mapping.

Does the development team have capacity for this? Is it commercially viable? If not I may be able to persue the integration jog wheels and screen. I guess it might involve writing a custom windows driver (I don't do mac's sorry)

Wow - Great research! Can someone ask VDJ devs to look at those and respond?

geposted Tue 01 Mar 22 @ 12:08 am
Bonjour. J'ai compris que pour le haptic et les screens c'est compliqué.

J'aimerai savoir comment faire pour appliquer les effets FX du Deck 2 au deck 1, et inversement. C'est possible dans Traktor.

Merci

geposted Mon 14 Mar 22 @ 10:47 am
63%