Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Broadcast track titles issue - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
sorry if I am awakening an old beast - I too broadcast on Shoutcast and like having song and artist titles showing up on my feed. However, I would prefer that the recordings of my shows, that I upload to mixcloud NOT have track info. Is there some way to do this and keep tracks info in the broadcast?

geposted Wed 02 Sep 20 @ 7:05 pm
altTC wrote :
sorry if I am awakening an old beast - I too broadcast on Shoutcast and like having song and artist titles showing up on my feed. However, I would prefer that the recordings of my shows, that I upload to mixcloud NOT have track info. Is there some way to do this and keep tracks info in the broadcast?

If you are not explicitly adding track titles to your Mixcloud upload yourself, the titles are automatically added from Mixcloud themselves. By some auto detection algorithm.

https://help.mixcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004030940-How-does-Mixcloud-automatically-tracklist-my-show-

Since they allow editing the auto tracklist, it might be possible to edit it as empty (aka, remove.. but never tried..)

geposted Wed 02 Sep 20 @ 8:14 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
altTC wrote :

If you are not explicitly adding track titles to your Mixcloud upload yourself, the titles are automatically added from Mixcloud themselves. By some auto detection algorithm.

https://help.mixcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004030940-How-does-Mixcloud-automatically-tracklist-my-show-

Since they allow editing the auto tracklist, it might be possible to edit it as empty (aka, remove.. but never tried..)

That would kinda go against the principle of Mixcloud though, since they pay labels / artists by track usage. If you don't tell them which tracks you played, or you say it's empty, they might not be able to pay them properly. Maybe they don't allow empty cues.

geposted Thu 03 Sep 20 @ 7:57 pm
FunctionGer wrote :
[
That would kinda go against the principle of Mixcloud though, since they pay labels / artists by track usage. If you don't tell them which tracks you played, or you say it's empty, they might not be able to pay them properly. Maybe they don't allow empty cues.

You dont have to tell them ;-) they already know.. thats implied by the auto detect feature

He is asking about the track list under the player user end when playing the mix as listener. Where you are totally free to write in all gibberish you want.
He was thinking that, when he didnt put anything, the auto filled tracklist was from VirtualDJ ;-)
He can edit it for his own info, and probably remove it. And for sure make his own kind of list at a upload

geposted Thu 03 Sep 20 @ 10:03 pm
kotdbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey Rune. Sorry to bring this one up again. I couldn't get this to work before and worked around it with an external piece of software in the server to update track titles. Sadly that is no more so I need to fix the problem with virtual DJ.

You said
"When not controlling VirtualDJ volume / crossfader (like normal controllers), it will prefer last deck playing.
So until you load new song on the last playing deck, it will not send the opposite cuing deck..
(and when you do, the opposite cuing deck, will take the role of "last playing deck" and same logic apply all over)

What settings should I have on my broadcast function to make this happen? I think I understand what it's doing but it didn't seem to work for me and maybe I had the settings wrong...

geposted Sat 03 Oct 20 @ 7:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)