Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 2021 - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

we are not going to be loading xtrax stem files, because virtualdj's algorithm is more complex, and separate kicks and hihat, and the quality in the end is equal or superior.
so it's always better to let virtualdj reanalyze the track and do its own separation.
if there is enough demand, we might consider using native stem files (that are supposed to be cleaner if made by the producers themselves), and run our own algorithm to get the kicks and hihat only. but that would be in a future version.

geposted Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 2:13 pm
On the subject of kicks Stephane, could you look into maybe improving the attack portion because at the moment the kicks do sound a bit soft - almost as if they're playing backwards.

geposted Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 2:24 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
VDJ only load first 2 chanels of a track (in case of native stems files it's the mix) and VDJ stem filters can analyze it as any other standard track

geposted Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 3:06 pm
For those suggesting not reanalyzing the track everytime remember any improvements in the algorithms will give us better stems so I, for one, want the best stems I can use at the time - not stems extracted using an older generation algorithm some time ago.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 12:12 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
we are not going to be loading xtrax stem files, because virtualdj's algorithm is more complex, and separate kicks and hihat, and the quality in the end is equal or superior.
so it's always better to let virtualdj reanalyze the track and do its own separation.
if there is enough demand, we might consider using native stem files (that are supposed to be cleaner if made by the producers themselves), and run our own algorithm to get the kicks and hihat only. but that would be in a future version.

When using xtrax I export the acapella and instrumental as separate mp3 files. I will have to continue to do it that why until I can get another laptop or VDJ makes the feature operate more efficiently.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 1:19 pm
Petesimpson336 wrote :
For those suggesting not reanalyzing the track everytime remember any improvements in the algorithms will give us better stems so I, for one, want the best stems I can use at the time - not stems extracted using an older generation algorithm some time ago.

That can also happen, being able to recognize when a track is processed with an algorithm that has been updated. The developers just have to want to do it.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 1:26 pm
BoonyvPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Is there a way to auto reset STEMS once you load a new track? It would be one less thing to have to undo once a new song is loaded.

geposted Tue 30 Jun 20 @ 1:40 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
waiting for a stem_reset verb... you can map ONSONGLOAD to

only_stem MeloVocal & only_stem rhythm & only_stem Rhythm ? only_stem Rhythm : only_stem MeloVocal ? only_stem MeloVocal : nothing

this will reset all stems to "on"

geposted Tue 30 Jun 20 @ 2:03 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)