Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Additional Controller for 5 Stems and Eqs - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi
Looking for an additional device to have the full 5 knob control of the stems and EQs..

Found the Novation LaunchControl listed but last updated August 2016 for VirtualDJ 8.2.
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/novation/launchcontrol.html

Would this still work with the latest versions of VJD?

also cannot find this unit being sold currently

Currently I can only the Novation Launch Control XL being sold, does anyone know if it is supported?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Does someone have a solution for adding an additional device, to add knobs that can be mapped for 5 knob stem control. (besides using a 4 deck controller as 2 deck controller to for the additional knobs)

Thanks

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 8:24 am
Glad this thread was started, Ive been searching also. So lets compare and give ideas Ive come across 2 that have seem to be good solutions.
The first one is by behringer, I know some hate behringer but it fits the job.

Im looking at solo and mute with knobs for bleed controls.

Then theres this one same solo and mute with knobs but seem rather large for the job... Im also looking at size

Looking at this also same thought process

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 9:25 am
Faderfox PC4
Midi Fighter Twister
Livid DS1
Allen & Heath Zone K2

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 10:17 am
@ Djratedxxx919

I was attempting to look for supported (mapped) devives for VDJ using the Supported Controller list in the Wiki

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html

then read the way the mapping has been done in the VDJ manual for each and then determine if feasible.

----------------------------------------
Would be great if you added the models of each so I could explore and compare the possibilities.

And I was interested in a device with a min of 10 knobs, (to control the 5 stems for each deck) and few more for pad bleed.

And maybe 10 pads (to again control the 5 stems for each deck) and knob or 2 for bleed.

What are your requirements? And your thoughts as to the best way to implement and external device for stems.

-----------------------------------
and thank you Groovindj for your suggestions.

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 10:17 am
Mapping a controller like this (a few knobs and buttons) is easy. They don't need native support.

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 10:20 am
groovindj wrote :
Mapping a controller like this (a few knobs and buttons) is easy. They don't need native support.

This is how I think also.... Im not looking for it to be premapped. I don't think any of my devices have VDJ mapping. Maybe they do but in this case I would map the devices with the help of groovindj and other master users on this forum. So native support is not a factor to me, being general midi devices they all work.
Maybe Im thinking differently than you are. I'm looking at one controller per deck. I'm looking at ordering 4 devices. Im still thinking and trying to figure the workflow. Thats why Im glad someone started this thread.... cause having four sometimes seems like overkill.

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 10:45 am
Following up on groovindj's amazing suggestions. here are some details for quicker comparisons.

And thank you for pointing out that there is not the limitation for a device to be listed in the supported hardware.

1) Faderfox PC4 corrected image.. thank you groovindj, I had the wrong model :)

2) Midi Fighter Twister amazingly cool, each knob is also a button, and each knob can have 2 functions. see video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stod6euBhlQ&feature=emb_logo

3) Livid DS1

4) Allen & Heath Zone K2

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 11:10 am
Plenty of choice there!

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 11:19 am
I came across this as I searched for devices. Im kinda intrigued.

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 12:00 pm

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 12:09 pm

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 12:21 pm
Akai Midi Mix $99us

geposted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 1:01 am
I’ve actually purchased and configured a Akai LPD8 (USB version) for stems.

I set the top 4 nobs to stems on left deck, bottom 4 to right deck. Haven’t bothered with mapping the pads yet.

Using it and my Mixars Primo seems to crash VDJ. I only spent a few hours with the full setup today so I have yet to isolate the problem. My gut says the Akai as it sometimes shows “not connected “ in the mapping window. Unplug and replay will change that but more testing needs to be done

geposted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 2:11 am
Thanks for sharing your experience

Adding some details for the
Akai LPD8 Laptop Pad Controller USB & Midi Pad Controller

The LPD8 has eight orange light-up pads that are velocity sensitive for programming rhythmic or melodic parts. The pads can also send program-change information to software. Additionally, the LPD8 has eight assignable Q-Link knobs you can assign to virtually any parameters in their software for hands-on control. The LPD8 works plug and play with Mac and PC and requires no software driver installation or wall power for operation. It has four memory banks for programming and recalling settings appropriate to different software programs you use

-----------------------------------------

Very interested in your continued experience with the Akai LPD8

geposted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 11:20 am
Or you just use vdy remote with the stems skin as shown by dj rated

geposted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 3:39 pm
Doc_Br0wn wrote :
I’ve actually purchased and configured a Akai LPD8 (USB version) for stems.

I set the top 4 nobs to stems on left deck, bottom 4 to right deck. Haven’t bothered with mapping the pads yet.

Using it and my Mixars Primo seems to crash VDJ. I only spent a few hours with the full setup today so I have yet to isolate the problem. My gut says the Akai as it sometimes shows “not connected “ in the mapping window. Unplug and replay will change that but more testing needs to be done

I am interested if you have got your setup with the Akai LPD8 working reliably.

Also interested hearing about other successful solutions that anyone is using, for adding an additional device for 5 Stems use.

Is anyone using a device to t control 5 Stems?

geposted Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 10:46 pm
The Akai LPD8 is also used in some of the videos around with DJs using stems.
So that should work pretty good ;-)

geposted Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 11:04 pm
Not enough knobs for 5 stems per deck :-)

geposted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 9:57 am

Icon I-Stage...I think Im gonna go with this one....

geposted Tue 17 Nov 20 @ 1:22 am
Looks interesting Djratedxx919

What are your plans for it?

SHOW ME THE KNOBs ! ! haha ..

Don't see how that will allow control of the 5 stems or EQs, since few knobs, and many pads.

_________

I peeked at Amazons reviews, most claim it is not easily mapped or customized like most controllers.

check the Novation - Launchpad Mini MK3 http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/novation/launchpadminimk3/index.html which has 7 pages of easily customizable banks of 64 pads for $15 dollars more may be better option for a pad controller.

geposted Tue 17 Nov 20 @ 10:49 pm
59%