Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Popping sound during play on DDJ 1000SRT - Page: 2
Back to the original problem, I have tried everything I can think of an no luck so far. Any other suggestions are appreciated. As of now, I am ready to try to sell this controller...smh.

geposted Wed 18 Nov 20 @ 3:20 am
Hi all.
Did this problem get resolved, I'm having the same problem on my brand new HP (and on a far older Toshiba which I tried to see where the problem lay), I ran the latency software and no problem reported, everything was way down in the low greens. I've done all the normal things like disable anything running in the background, disabled hyperthreading, turn off bluetooth,
Thanks.

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 9:00 am
33tmubeyPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
You are pulling too much power. Your Cpu and your speakers need separate power outlets. I just had this prob. hope it helps.

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 6:03 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yes my solution was sell the Denon MC7000, buy a pioneer ddj-1000 funny enough. My issue with the Denon was 100% to do with new computers and really old outdated drivers from Denon. Put the DDJ-1000 on same new computers but with UPDATED Pioneer drivers AND firmware problem solved 100%. Denon firmware is like 5 years old just not suited to the laptops of today especially those running windowz. That latency monitor reports faults even when you don't really have them so pointless relying on that. But google popping sounds, stutters on new processors, some new machines are having issues with this, especially Lenovo. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Legion-5P-15ARH05H-micro-stutters/m-p/5067079

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 10:48 pm
I still have not solved this issue as it relates to my DDJ 1000 SRT. I have a different intermittent "skipping" issue on my Denon 4000. I either have to wait for a driver fix (I think) or go back to a Mac, as our Macs don't have this issue. SMH. Very disappointing.

geposted Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 5:47 pm
I had clicks/pops and tried everything I could find in this forum, the one that fixed it for me was so basic it was embarrassing......I went in to the power settings of my laptop and created a custom power plan that put emphasis on performance of the laptop over battery life (I always run the laptop hooked up to power anyway), it sorted my problem immediately,

geposted Tue 11 Jan 22 @ 4:59 pm
Thanks, can you share the power plan detail? Thanks.

geposted Tue 11 Jan 22 @ 5:31 pm