Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Improve adding lyrics to videos/audio files
brille1PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Currently, it's impossible to satisfactorily prepare songs for Karaoke using Virtual DJ:

I propose to improve parsing of LRC files, according to all existing standards.

If you request, I may provide you with a simple parser class for free. Or even a WPF control utilizing that class. Just ask.

Thanks.

geposted Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 2:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you have any link to a full specification of the LRC file format?
I cannot find any mention of double time tags

geposted Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 2:34 pm
proartPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I can confirm this bug.
When the lrc-file is a companion file to the video and is played as karaoke, then the alignment of the lyric-text is fine.

When i use the video editor and i insert the same lrc-file as karaoke overlay (German:TEXT ÜBERLAGERN) the synced lyric-text is misaligned after saving as .vdjedit-file.

Most of my lrc-files are handcrafted and aligned with LRC-Lyricist, which is a very handy tool and it also works with mp4 videos.
Videos are often longer than the Song as audio-file. So i have to re-align the lyrics for the video manually.

geposted Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 8:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
We have found the issue when using float up in the video editor. Will be fixed in the next update

geposted Wed 21 Apr 21 @ 3:23 am
proartPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Just tested with a few lrc-lyrics in Videoeditor (build 6418 VDJ 2020 and VDJ 2021).
Now the lyric-text is perfect aligned with the video in the .vdjedit-file.
Also the charset is ok for me (tested with ESC-Chars ' and german umlauts äöüß).

Best Greets to the team - good job

geposted Thu 22 Apr 21 @ 8:46 am