Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Wow/flutter on CDJ2000NXS2
grennoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I get a really noticeable wow/flutter when using CDJ2000NXS2s. I've installed the latest pioneer sound drivers and have the latest version of VDJ. It only happens on the NXS2s. I don't get it on previous models. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I use WASAPI but ASIO doesn't show up as an option

geposted Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 11:52 am

geposted Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 12:05 pm
Hi, I've installed the audio drivers and as you can see here, ASIO is not an option for the CDJs just WASAPI. Am I missing something?

Cheers

geposted Wed 15 Dec 21 @ 10:37 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Pioneer CDJXDJ Asio

geposted Thu 16 Dec 21 @ 4:06 am
As Adion said...
And as I told you above, it's a "common" driver for many devices. That's why it's name is not "Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2 ASIO" but rather is "Pioneer CDJXDJ ASIO"

geposted Thu 16 Dec 21 @ 8:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
First, if you have installed the Pioneer CDJXDJ ASIO driver, and then click on the PIONEER CDJ2000NXS2 button at the top, VDJ should automatically use the correct ASIO driver instead of the WASAPI. Isnt this the case for you?

But regardless the Driver you use in your Audio setup, we would like to know if the wow/flutter issue is coming from the sound card or the MIDI/HID device mapping, so please do the following and provide feedback.

Test A.
Instead of using the sound card of the CDJ, try to use a different sound card (your mixer's one-if has one- , or the built in sound card of your computer). Do you still get the same issue ?

Test B.
In the CDJ Mapping, locate the JOG_WHEEL key and delete its action. You will not be able to scratch or bend, but see if by playing the Tracks you get the same issue ?

Thanks

geposted Thu 16 Dec 21 @ 11:43 pm
didnt know cdjs had any wow/flutter...

geposted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 2:17 am
Hi, I'm not able to test for a few weeks now as the club is shut for Christmas, but I've previously tried deleting the jog wheel key from the mapping and yes, the issue still occurred. I'll try doing the first test when I next can and report back

geposted Sat 18 Dec 21 @ 2:21 pm
Ok so an update.

I tried the ASIO drivers and it seemed the wobbling was significantly WORSE than with WASAPI. I can't be 100% certain there was a difference, as it's been a few weeks so it might just have been the same.

I plugged into the mixer (which is a DJM 2000) and after installing the drivers, it seems to work fine.

So essentially it only ever seems to happen when I use CDJ2000NXS2's. The original 2000's, the 2000 nexus' and the DJM 2000 work fine. I've also used CDJ 350's, CDJ 850's and a Denon MC7000 in the past with no issues. I've tried 4 different CDJ2000NXS2's and have the same issues with all of them.

geposted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 10:58 pm