Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Limiter?
I came across a video made by Pri Yon Joni, and he said that the Virtual DJ's limiter takes out the highs and lows, which makes the overall sound quality very distorted. Is there a workaround to Virtual DJ's limiter?

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 5:51 pm
Not to put the volume high enough for the limiter to cut in?

Use the ZeroDB setting .

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 6:07 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
the limiter is there to do a job, if it is seriously effecting the sound then your gain too high.

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 6:08 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Not to put the volume high enough for the limiter to cut in?

Use the ZeroDB setting .

What do you recommend I set this on club PA speakers? -1? -6?

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 6:14 pm
-3db should work ok for most cases without using too much loudness.
Otherwise -6db is the best alternative.

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 7:36 pm
I use -3 and it's perfect.

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 7:54 pm

geposted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 10:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

geposted Wed 19 Jan 22 @ 5:58 am
Adion wrote :
Since VDJ already uses the ReplayGain algorithm which is the same as AACGain or MP3Gain uses, there's not much benefit in using either.
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJ8%20Limiter.html

I know you feel that is true but experience shows me different. Ive been processing my files through mp3gain and have never had any clipping or limiter engagement I barely have to adjust any gain.
I love this software but this is one of the areas it lacks behind Traktor and Serato while VDJ does act like it uses replaygain the others act like they use MP3gain way of leveling audio, by decreasing and also increasing track volume mp3gain takes it a step further by applying it within the tag so it remains true no matter the software used to play it. You set the volume level to the number value you want volume and it brings all audio to the setting. Like -89 seems to be the universal setting among them just as mp3gain.

So I say again to the original poster get mp3gain and test it, I guarantee you will it will solve your problem. Especially if your getting tracks from different places or like myself ripped a whole boat load of vinyl.

geposted Wed 19 Jan 22 @ 7:49 am
kradcliffe wrote :
I use -3 and it's perfect.

+1

geposted Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 7:42 pm